|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When St. Catherine is decapitated, what miracle occurs?
2. Who grieves to death when Tiberius puts Germanicus to death?
3. According to Rectitude, when will women attain perfection?
4. Who falls out of favor with Emperor Justinian but regains favor by following his wife's advice?
5. Who is so chaste in marriage and widowhood that she lives with her mother-in-law after her husband dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Saint Catherine's martyrdom.
2. How do the wives of the knights who helped Jason obtain the Golden Fleece save their husbands?
3. What does Rectitude say to the idea that women are avaricious?
4. How is Susanna's chastity questioned and proven?
5. What results from Thisbe's mother's disapproval of Thisbe's love for Pyramus?
6. How does Judith save the Jews from Holofernes?
7. How does Curia save her husband from exile and death?
8. How does Marquis Saluzzo test Griselda's constancy?
9. How does Xanthippe demonstrate her love for Socrates?
10. Why does Rectitude argue for the education of females?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the misconceptions Christine mentions about women, and how do Reason, Rectitude, and Justice dispute these?
Essay Topic 2
How does Christine change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3
Which three stories that Reason, Rectitude and Justice tell Christine are most effective in refuting common misconceptions about women, and why?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)