|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loves her husband, Scipio Africanus Elder, so much that she does not criticize him or slur his reputation when she discovers his affair with a servant?
(a) Countess of Coemen.
(d) Tertia Aemilia.
2. Why does Leander routinely swim across Hellespont?
(a) To visit Hero.
(b) To visit Thisbe.
(c) To exercise.
(d) To escape his home.
3. When St. Catherine is decapitated, what miracle occurs?
(a) No miracle occurs.
(b) Angels descend.
(c) Idols crack.
(d) Milk flows from her wounds instead of blood.
4. Who grieves for the remainder of her life after her husband, Socrates, dies?
5. Who is so chaste in marriage and widowhood that she lives with her mother-in-law after her husband dies?
6. Who does Rectitude cite as an example of a discreet woman?
7. Who does Marquis Saluzzo marry?
8. Who loves Queen Blanche of France for life despite the impossibility of having his love returned?
(a) King Aucejas.
(b) King Guiscardo.
(c) King Saint Louis.
(d) King Lorenzo.
9. Who holds a joust during which they abduct Sabinian women?
(a) Belisarius and Justinian.
(b) Romulus and Remus.
(c) Holofernes and Ahasuerus.
(d) Aeneas and Hercules.
10. Who throws herself overboard to avoid being raped when she is kidnapped?
11. Who does Ghismonda take as a lover?
12. Where does Lisabetta of Messina hide Lorenzo's severed head?
(a) In her garden.
(b) In a pot of basil.
(c) In her closet.
(d) She cannot find Lorenzo's head.
13. Who refuses Pharaoh's advances?
14. How is Saint Lucy punished for her faith?
(a) She is sent to a brothel to be raped.
(b) She is beheaded.
(c) She is imprisoned and starved.
(d) She is not punished for her faith.
15. Why does Julia lose her will to live?
(a) Julius Caesar dies.
(b) Julius Caesar disowns her.
(c) She sees Pompey's bloody robes.
(d) Pompey is unfaithful to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are foolish to ignore their wives' advice?
2. Who does Saint Lucy of Syracus pray to for her mother's cure?
3. Who is worshiped by the Romans as the goddess of wealth and marriage?
4. What does Sulpicia do when her husband, Lentulus Cruscellio, is exiled?
5. In Section 2, Part 24, how do the Lacedaemonian wives help their knightly husbands escape from prison?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)