|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is denounced by two old priests when they fail in their attempt to make her sin?
2. Why does Emperor Olybrius imprison Saint Margaret?
(a) For rejecting his advances.
(b) For playing with angels.
(c) For talking about Jesus Christ.
(d) For sacrificing to the gods.
3. Why does Saint Catherine chide Emperor Maxentius?
(a) For asking her to marry him.
(b) For sacrificing to the gods.
(c) For talking about Jesus.
(d) For killing the Jews.
4. Who convinces King Ahasuerus to rescind his order to kill all Jews?
(a) Queen Judith.
(b) Queen Portia.
(c) Queen Esther.
(d) Queen Antonia.
5. Who cares for Roman soldiers after their battle with Hannibal?
6. Who is asked to reign as Queen of the City of Ladies?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Saint Lucy.
(c) Saint Catherine.
(d) Saint Agatha.
7. What does Christine suggest women are unable to do in Section 2, Part 25?
(a) Keep a secret.
(b) Love their husbands.
(c) Invent new knowledge.
(d) Be faithful.
8. How does Marquis Saluzzo's wife react to his claim that he must kill their children to appease his barons?
(a) She does not complain.
(b) She kills him.
(c) She runs away with her children.
(d) She cries hysterically.
9. How is Saint Lucy punished for her faith?
(a) She is sent to a brothel to be raped.
(b) She is beheaded.
(c) She is not punished for her faith.
(d) She is imprisoned and starved.
10. Who are foolish to ignore their wives' advice?
(a) Men with wise wives.
(b) All men.
(c) Men with attractive wives.
(d) Very few men.
11. What often assists in moral thinking, according to Rectitude?
(c) Relationships with men.
(d) Being male.
12. What does Ghismonda do when her father kills her lover?
(a) Joins a monastery.
(b) Kills her father.
(c) Ghismonda's father does not kill her lover.
(d) Commits suicide.
13. Who bets that he can seduce Bernabo's wife?
14. According to Rectitude in Section 2, Part 30, what can no man match?
(a) The great services of women.
(b) The intelligence of women.
(c) The power of God.
(d) The immorality of women.
15. Who does Marguerite de la Riviere notice is missing from a ball?
(a) Her father.
(b) A famous knight.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A courtier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leander routinely swim across Hellespont?
2. Who does Christine praise in Section 2, Part 20?
3. Who is worshiped by the Romans as the goddess of wealth and marriage?
4. Who tries to seduce Florence?
5. Who does Saint Lucy of Syracus pray to for her mother's cure?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)