|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia lose her will to live?
(a) Pompey is unfaithful to her.
(b) Julius Caesar dies.
(c) Julius Caesar disowns her.
(d) She sees Pompey's bloody robes.
2. According to Rectitude, how do women compare to men in terms of avariciousness?
(a) Women are more avaricious than men.
(b) Women are less avaricious than men.
(c) Women are equally as avaricious as men.
(d) Neither women nor men are avaricious.
3. Why does Saint Catherine chide Emperor Maxentius?
(a) For killing the Jews.
(b) For asking her to marry him.
(c) For talking about Jesus.
(d) For sacrificing to the gods.
4. Who loves her husband, Scipio Africanus Elder, so much that she does not criticize him or slur his reputation when she discovers his affair with a servant?
(a) Tertia Aemilia.
(b) Countess of Coemen.
5. What does Christine suggest women are unable to do in Section 2, Part 25?
(a) Be faithful.
(b) Invent new knowledge.
(c) Love their husbands.
(d) Keep a secret.
6. Who cares for Roman soldiers after their battle with Hannibal?
7. Who is renowned for her terrible misfortune?
8. Who loves Queen Blanche of France for life despite the impossibility of having his love returned?
(a) King Guiscardo.
(b) King Saint Louis.
(c) King Lorenzo.
(d) King Aucejas.
9. Which of Boccaccio's writings does Rectitude allude to in Section 2, Part 52?
(a) Fear and Loathing.
10. What does Rectitude claim is the main problem in educating women?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) There is no problem in educating women.
(c) Women do not want to be more intelligent than their husbands.
(d) Men do not want women to be more intelligent than they are.
11. Who screams obscenities at Emperor Nero in an attempt to receive the same sentence as her husband, Seneca?
(a) Tertia Aemilia.
(b) Pompeia Paulina.
(d) Queen Hypsicratea.
12. Who are foolish to ignore their wives' advice?
(a) All men.
(b) Men with wise wives.
(c) Men with attractive wives.
(d) Very few men.
13. Who tries to seduce Florence?
(a) Her husband's brother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband's father.
(d) Her husband's sister.
14. According to Rectitude, when will women attain perfection?
(a) When men do.
(b) Very soon.
(c) Women are already perfect.
15. Who does Ghismonda take as a lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emperor Olybrius imprison Saint Margaret?
2. Why does Medea despair for the rest of her life?
3. Who grieves to death when Tiberius puts Germanicus to death?
4. Who is denounced by two old priests when they fail in their attempt to make her sin?
5. Who bets that he can seduce Bernabo's wife?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)