|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rectitude cite as an example of a discreet woman?
2. Why does Christine object to women dressing elegantly?
(a) Because it is too expensive.
(b) When they are married.
(c) When they do it to attract men's attention.
(d) She does not object to women dressing elegantly.
3. Who has a tendency to yield to his carnal desires and kill those who object to his gluttony?
4. What does Rectitude claim is the main problem in educating women?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) Men do not want women to be more intelligent than they are.
(c) Women do not want to be more intelligent than their husbands.
(d) There is no problem in educating women.
5. Who welcomes the citizens to the City of Ladies?
(a) Lady Reason.
(b) Lady Rectitude.
(d) Lady Justice.
6. Who saves the Jews by beheading Holofernes?
7. Who pleads with King Clovis to accept God?
8. Who does Justine's attempted suitor hire?
(a) An accountant.
(b) An executioner.
(c) A wife.
(d) A necromancer.
9. How does Marquis Saluzzo's wife react to his claim that he must kill their children to appease his barons?
(a) She runs away with her children.
(b) She cries hysterically.
(c) She does not complain.
(d) She kills him.
10. Why does Medea despair for the rest of her life?
(a) Because Pyramus leaves her for Thisbe.
(b) Because Leander commits suicide.
(c) Because her father dies.
(d) Because Jason breaks his promise to marry her.
11. Why does Emperor Olybrius imprison Saint Margaret?
(a) For playing with angels.
(b) For rejecting his advances.
(c) For talking about Jesus Christ.
(d) For sacrificing to the gods.
12. What does Ghismonda do when her father kills her lover?
(a) Joins a monastery.
(b) Kills her father.
(c) Commits suicide.
(d) Ghismonda's father does not kill her lover.
13. Who wins a legal case against taxing women's valuables?
14. Who bets that he can seduce Bernabo's wife?
15. According to Rectitude in Section 2, Part 30, what can no man match?
(a) The power of God.
(b) The immorality of women.
(c) The great services of women.
(d) The intelligence of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is converted when he kidnaps Saint Lucy with the intent of raping her?
2. What does Sulpicia do when her husband, Lentulus Cruscellio, is exiled?
3. What do the Lombard women due to avoid being raped by the victors of their people?
4. Who is worshiped by the Romans as the goddess of wealth and marriage?
5. When does King Ortiagon's wife kill the Roman general who raped her?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)