|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7, II/7-II/15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman whose mother is imprisoned and sentenced to starvation do to help her mother?
(a) Allows herself to be imprisoned to keep her mother company.
(b) Disowns her mother.
(c) Helps her mother escape.
(d) Visits daily and breastfeeds her mother.
2. Who does Reason claim never criticized women more than men?
3. Why is the idea that female children result from a deficiency in the womb irrational?
(a) Because God made women and men equally noble and virtuous.
(b) This is not an irrational idea.
(c) Because women are not developed in the womb.
(d) Because females result from extravagance.
4. Who is Clotar's mother?
(a) Queen Fredegunde.
(b) Queen Camilla.
(c) Queen Zenobia.
(d) Queen Artemisia.
5. What does Hypsipyle do when rebels advance to kill her father, King Thaos?
(a) Turns him over to the rebels.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Hides him in a trunk.
(d) Runs away to a monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the daughters of God been sent to Earth?
2. Who is the author of the book that Christine reads at the beginning of "The Book of the City of Ladies"?
3. Who makes women perfect in mind and body?
4. Who is so well versed in the arts and sciences that even the bible speaks of her abilities?
5. Who defeats Xerxes when he attacks the Lacedaemoniana?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)