|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
(d) Easy going.
2. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Go to couple's counseling.
(b) Get new jobs.
(c) Take a trip by themselves.
(d) Move out.
3. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
(a) Ruby could not remember basic directions.
(b) Ruby always overslept.
(c) Ruby could not handle having someone boss him around.
(d) Ruby was angry all the time.
4. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She married the wrong man.
(b) She is not smart.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) The baby.
(c) Her mother.
6. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
(a) Birthing classes.
(b) Baby stores.
(c) College classes.
7. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
(a) To dinner.
(b) On a tour of the city.
(c) To her home.
(d) To the park.
8. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid misses her.
(b) Sid is happy for her.
(c) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(d) Sid is not feeling well.
9. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How she cannot eat the fruit.
(b) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
(c) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
(d) How she does not feel well.
10. Ruth and Ruby spend the first three months of the baby's life where?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At home.
(c) In their bedroom.
(d) In a hotel.
11. Ruth wants to take Justin and disappear where?
12. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
(a) To Arizona.
(b) To California.
(c) To Texas.
(d) To Florida.
13. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
(a) He is not a good person.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He really likes her.
14. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
15. That Christmas Eve Ruth remembers as what?
(a) One of the best times in her marriage.
(b) No different than any other day.
(c) An okay day.
(d) One of the worst times in her marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ruth and Ruby spend all their free time together?
2. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
3. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
4. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
5. When does tension begin?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)