|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
(a) Still go on the vacation.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Move out.
(d) Find a new job.
2. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
3. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Stands up.
(b) Backs down from her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Pushes her.
4. That summer and fall, Ruth, May, Ruby, and Justin begin to go where?
(a) On vacations.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To church.
5. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The best time of her life.
(b) The worst time of her life.
(c) The most unusual time of her life.
(d) The scariest time of her life.
6. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
7. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Move out.
(b) Take a trip by themselves.
(c) Get new jobs.
(d) Go to couple's counseling.
8. They sleep in late the first morning and spend the day doing what?
(a) Laying out on the beach.
(b) Watching television and cleaning up the house.
(d) Going hiking.
9. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) Her best dress.
(b) A simple dress.
(c) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(d) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
10. Ruth names the baby what?
11. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They are engaged to be married.
(b) They have started dating.
(c) They break up.
(d) They are expecting a child.
12. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
(a) Never allow anyone to come near him again.
(b) Never allow harm to come to him again.
(c) Never touch him again.
(d) Never drink again.
13. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) In the car.
(c) In the hot sun.
(d) In a swing.
14. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She married the wrong man.
(d) She is not smart.
15. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
(a) What it would be like to run away.
(b) Living in a home of her own.
(c) Having another child.
(d) Having her mother committed to a mental institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
2. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
3. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
4. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
5. Ruth wants to buy him a winter suit, but May gets him one from where?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)