|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A hug.
(b) A few kisses.
(c) A date.
(d) A card.
2. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Long weekend.
(b) Long week.
(c) Long day.
(d) Short weekend.
3. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Jumped into the river.
(c) Destroyed cars.
(d) Took pills.
4. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
5. How is May appeased?
(a) When Matt agrees to come for the wedding.
(b) Ruby buys her a gift.
(c) Her daughter is now seeing Randall.
(d) May and Ruby get to know each other.
6. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Playing his guitar.
(d) Making birdhouses.
7. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(b) He moves to Florida.
(c) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
(d) He attempts suicide.
8. The following January, Ruby gets a job running ________________ that parks in the grocery store parking lot twice a month.
(a) The icecream truck.
(b) The delivery truck.
(c) The recycling truck.
(d) The dump truck.
9. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
(a) The wedding preparations.
(b) Dating Ruby.
(c) Her relationship with Randall.
(d) Spending time with Daisy.
10. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
(b) Travel around the state.
(c) Search for a new job.
(d) Live on her own.
11. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
12. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(d) Dee Dee.
13. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
(a) In their sexual play.
(b) In their cooking.
(c) To make a coonskin cap.
(d) To dust.
14. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(b) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
(c) A simple dress.
(d) Her best dress.
15. May thinks she is the expert on what?
Short Answer Questions
1. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
2. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
3. That Christmas Eve Ruth remembers as what?
4. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
5. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)