|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
(a) To never talk to her again.
(b) To never come near her again.
(c) To never force himself on her again.
(d) To never go on a date with her again.
2. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When the bills get tight.
(b) When she tires of doing all the work.
(c) When she becomes tired of them at home.
(d) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
3. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
4. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At the dry cleaners.
(c) At the car dealership.
(d) At the mall.
5. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Take a trip by themselves.
(b) Go to couple's counseling.
(c) Move out.
(d) Get new jobs.
6. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Watches the house.
(b) Tries to find a job.
(d) Wanders around town.
7. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
(a) Having another child.
(b) What it would be like to run away.
(c) Having her mother committed to a mental institution.
(d) Living in a home of her own.
8. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
(a) Justin ages.
(b) May grows bored with Justin.
(c) Ruby begins using drugs.
(d) Ruby gets fired.
9. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the hot sun.
(b) In the car.
(c) In a swing.
(d) In the bathtub.
10. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She thinks nothing of it.
(b) She is unhappy with it.
(c) She is happy with it.
(d) She believes it is a horrible idea.
11. Ruth wants to take Justin and disappear where?
12. May's attitude toward Ruth begins to do what?
(a) Become abusive.
(c) Get worse.
13. When does tension begin?
(a) When May makes fun of Ruby's birdhouses.
(b) When Ruth teases Ruby about his guitar-playing abilities.
(c) When Ruby and Ruth move in with May.
(d) When May makes fun of Ruby's paintings.
14. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
15. What does Ruth pick Daisy to be?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her roommate.
(c) Her legal guardian.
(d) Her bridesmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. May does not approve of Ruby from the start, claiming what?
2. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
3. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
4. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
5. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)