|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
(a) In her car.
(b) In the waiting room.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In the father's waiting room.
2. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
(a) At the mall.
(b) At the car dealership.
(c) At the dry cleaners.
(d) At the grocery store.
3. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
4. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They do not really think anything about this idea.
(b) They like it.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They think it might be a good idea.
5. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Stay at home.
(c) Move out.
(d) Still go on the vacation.
6. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
(a) Her relationship with Randall.
(b) The wedding preparations.
(c) Spending time with Daisy.
(d) Dating Ruby.
7. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The scariest time of her life.
(b) The best time of her life.
(c) The worst time of her life.
(d) The most unusual time of her life.
8. That Christmas Eve Ruth remembers as what?
(a) One of the worst times in her marriage.
(b) An okay day.
(c) No different than any other day.
(d) One of the best times in her marriage.
9. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
(a) May grows bored with Justin.
(b) Ruby begins using drugs.
(c) Justin ages.
(d) Ruby gets fired.
10. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(b) Dee Dee.
11. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In a swing.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the hot sun.
12. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When she tires of doing all the work.
(b) When the bills get tight.
(c) When she becomes tired of them at home.
(d) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
13. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is not a good person.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He really likes her.
14. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Travel around the state.
(b) Live on her own.
(c) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
(d) Search for a new job.
15. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
(a) To make a coonskin cap.
(b) In their sexual play.
(c) To dust.
(d) In their cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
2. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
3. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
4. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
5. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)