|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
(a) Justin ages.
(b) May grows bored with Justin.
(c) Ruby gets fired.
(d) Ruby begins using drugs.
2. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
3. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid misses her.
(b) Sid is not feeling well.
(c) Sid is happy for her.
(d) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
4. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He curses.
(b) He eats.
(c) He cries.
(d) He faints.
5. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(b) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
(c) A simple dress.
(d) Her best dress.
6. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
(a) Ruby finds a new job.
(b) Ruby decides he does not want to go.
(c) Ruby gets hit by a car and messes up his leg.
(d) Ruby becomes very ill.
7. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Search for a new job.
(b) Travel around the state.
(c) Live on her own.
(d) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
8. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A date.
(b) A hug.
(c) A few kisses.
(d) A card.
9. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
(a) How unhappy she is.
(b) How horrible her home life is.
(c) How much she loves her and how the letters Sid sent to her all those years ago saved her life.
(d) How she is planning to run away.
10. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
11. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Long week.
(b) Short weekend.
(c) Long day.
(d) Long weekend.
12. When does tension begin?
(a) When Ruby and Ruth move in with May.
(b) When May makes fun of Ruby's paintings.
(c) When May makes fun of Ruby's birdhouses.
(d) When Ruth teases Ruby about his guitar-playing abilities.
13. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Go to couple's counseling.
(b) Move out.
(c) Get new jobs.
(d) Take a trip by themselves.
14. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
(b) How she does not feel well.
(c) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
(d) How she cannot eat the fruit.
15. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
2. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
3. Ruth names the baby what?
4. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
5. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)