|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He cries.
(b) He curses.
(c) He eats.
(d) He faints.
2. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
3. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
(a) At the mall.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the dry cleaners.
(d) At the car dealership.
4. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(b) Tries to find a job.
(c) Wanders around town.
(d) Watches the house.
5. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When the bills get tight.
(b) When she becomes tired of them at home.
(c) When she tires of doing all the work.
(d) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
6. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Go to couple's counseling.
(b) Take a trip by themselves.
(c) Get new jobs.
(d) Move out.
7. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
(a) College classes.
(c) Birthing classes.
(d) Baby stores.
8. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They break up.
(b) They are engaged to be married.
(c) They have started dating.
(d) They are expecting a child.
9. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
10. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
(a) Agree on something.
(b) Get away from each other.
(d) Sit together peacefully.
11. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
(a) He is not a good person.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He really likes her.
(d) He is stupid.
12. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
13. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How she cannot eat the fruit.
(b) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
(c) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
(d) How she does not feel well.
14. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
(a) Ate it.
(b) Poisoned it.
(c) Strangled it.
(d) Took care of it.
15. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They like it.
(b) They do not really think anything about this idea.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They think it might be a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth learns what about herself?
2. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
3. How do Ruth and Ruby spend all their free time together?
4. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
5. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)