|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth pick Daisy to be?
(a) Her legal guardian.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) Her bridesmaid.
2. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
3. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Pushes her.
(c) Stands up.
(d) Backs down from her.
4. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Long week.
(b) Long day.
(c) Short weekend.
(d) Long weekend.
5. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
(b) The same.
(c) An increase in.
(d) A decrease in.
6. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They like it.
(b) They think it might be a good idea.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They do not really think anything about this idea.
7. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
(a) She does not like it when he gets his way.
(b) She has to pay for them.
(c) She is allergic to that fruit.
(d) She does not like that type of fruit.
8. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She believes it is a horrible idea.
(b) She thinks nothing of it.
(c) She is unhappy with it.
(d) She is happy with it.
9. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
(a) How unhappy she is.
(b) How much she loves her and how the letters Sid sent to her all those years ago saved her life.
(c) How she is planning to run away.
(d) How horrible her home life is.
10. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The most unusual time of her life.
(b) The scariest time of her life.
(c) The worst time of her life.
(d) The best time of her life.
11. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A card.
(b) A hug.
(c) A date.
(d) A few kisses.
12. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(b) The baby.
(c) Morning sickness.
(d) Her mother.
13. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
14. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
(a) Playing his guitar.
(b) Making birdhouses.
(c) Watching television.
15. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(b) Sid is not feeling well.
(c) Sid is happy for her.
(d) Sid misses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
2. How is May appeased?
3. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
4. Ruby was a surprise baby, born prematurely in a time when his parents had believed what?
5. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)