|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He attempts suicide.
(b) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(c) He moves to Florida.
(d) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
2. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
(b) Birthing classes.
(c) College classes.
(d) Baby stores.
3. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They have started dating.
(b) They are expecting a child.
(c) They are engaged to be married.
(d) They break up.
4. They sleep in late the first morning and spend the day doing what?
(a) Laying out on the beach.
(b) Watching television and cleaning up the house.
(c) Going hiking.
5. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
(a) To the park.
(b) On a tour of the city.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To her home.
6. May thinks she is the expert on what?
7. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(c) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
(d) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
8. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
(a) At the car dealership.
(b) At the dry cleaners.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the mall.
9. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
(a) Destroyed cars.
(b) Jumped into the river.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Took pills.
10. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) His drug use.
(b) The guitars.
(c) The paintings.
(d) The birdhouses.
11. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
12. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The most unusual time of her life.
(b) The scariest time of her life.
(c) The worst time of her life.
(d) The best time of her life.
13. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Travel around the state.
(b) Live on her own.
(c) Search for a new job.
(d) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
14. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a swing.
(c) In the hot sun.
(d) In the bathtub.
15. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
(b) Get away from each other.
(c) Agree on something.
(d) Sit together peacefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. That summer and fall, Ruth, May, Ruby, and Justin begin to go where?
2. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
3. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
4. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
5. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)