|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
(a) In the father's waiting room.
(b) In the waiting room.
(c) In her car.
(d) In the hall.
2. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The best time of her life.
(b) The worst time of her life.
(c) The scariest time of her life.
(d) The most unusual time of her life.
3. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
(a) Never allow harm to come to him again.
(b) Never drink again.
(c) Never touch him again.
(d) Never allow anyone to come near him again.
4. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When the bills get tight.
(b) When she tires of doing all the work.
(c) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
(d) When she becomes tired of them at home.
5. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He cries.
(b) He curses.
(c) He eats.
(d) He faints.
6. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
7. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
(b) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(c) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
(d) He was hungry.
8. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
(d) Easy going.
9. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
(a) Ruby finds a new job.
(b) Ruby gets hit by a car and messes up his leg.
(c) Ruby becomes very ill.
(d) Ruby decides he does not want to go.
10. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She is not smart.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She married the wrong man.
11. Ruth goes into labor when?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Easter morning.
(d) Christmas Eve.
12. Ruth wants to buy him a winter suit, but May gets him one from where?
(c) Men's Warehouse.
13. How is May appeased?
(a) May and Ruby get to know each other.
(b) Her daughter is now seeing Randall.
(c) Ruby buys her a gift.
(d) When Matt agrees to come for the wedding.
14. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Watches the house.
(b) Wanders around town.
(d) Tries to find a job.
15. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) The baby.
(b) Morning sickness.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth pick Daisy to be?
2. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
3. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
4. May takes Ruby and Ruth to pick what from a local orchard?
5. Ruby was a surprise baby, born prematurely in a time when his parents had believed what?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)