|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
(a) With a strong will and great self-confidence.
(b) Shy and quiet.
(c) With a violent temper and a lack of direction.
(d) Nervous and uncertain.
2. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He curses.
(b) He faints.
(c) He eats.
(d) He cries.
3. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(a) Dee Dee.
4. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
(a) To dust.
(b) In their sexual play.
(c) In their cooking.
(d) To make a coonskin cap.
5. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The most unusual time of her life.
(b) The best time of her life.
(c) The worst time of her life.
(d) The scariest time of her life.
6. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
(a) She has to pay for them.
(b) She is allergic to that fruit.
(c) She does not like that type of fruit.
(d) She does not like it when he gets his way.
7. Ruby was a surprise baby, born prematurely in a time when his parents had believed what?
(a) They did not want any children.
(b) They did not want anymore children.
(c) They were done with childbearing.
(d) They could not have children.
8. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
(b) A decrease in.
(c) An increase in.
(d) The same.
9. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) Morning sickness.
(b) The baby.
(c) Her mother.
10. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
(a) How she is planning to run away.
(b) How unhappy she is.
(c) How much she loves her and how the letters Sid sent to her all those years ago saved her life.
(d) How horrible her home life is.
11. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) The birdhouses.
(b) His drug use.
(c) The paintings.
(d) The guitars.
12. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They are expecting a child.
(b) They are engaged to be married.
(c) They break up.
(d) They have started dating.
13. May's attitude toward Ruth begins to do what?
(c) Become abusive.
(d) Get worse.
14. May thinks she is the expert on what?
15. How does May feel about the baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
2. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
3. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
4. Aunt Sid meets Ruth at the bus station and takes her where?
5. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)