|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
2. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
(a) Took pills.
(b) Jumped into the river.
(c) Destroyed cars.
(d) Ran away.
3. Ruth often misses work to deal with what?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The baby.
(d) Morning sickness.
4. Ruby was a surprise baby, born prematurely in a time when his parents had believed what?
(a) They did not want any children.
(b) They did not want anymore children.
(c) They could not have children.
(d) They were done with childbearing.
5. The following January, Ruby gets a job running ________________ that parks in the grocery store parking lot twice a month.
(a) The delivery truck.
(b) The icecream truck.
(c) The dump truck.
(d) The recycling truck.
6. That summer and fall, Ruth, May, Ruby, and Justin begin to go where?
(a) To church.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the park.
(d) On vacations.
7. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She is not smart.
(b) She married the wrong man.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
8. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
(a) In their sexual play.
(b) To make a coonskin cap.
(c) In their cooking.
(d) To dust.
9. How does May feel about the baby?
10. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
(b) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(c) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
(d) He was hungry.
11. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
12. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
(a) She does not like that type of fruit.
(b) She does not like it when he gets his way.
(c) She has to pay for them.
(d) She is allergic to that fruit.
13. May takes Ruby and Ruth to pick what from a local orchard?
14. May does not approve of Ruby from the start, claiming what?
(a) He is a loser.
(b) He is not good enough for her daughter.
(c) He appears to be stupid and once vandalized some cars.
(d) He is too good for Ruth.
15. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
(b) How she cannot eat the fruit.
(c) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
(d) How she does not feel well.
Short Answer Questions
1. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
2. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
3. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
4. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
5. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)