|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
2. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A hug.
(b) A date.
(c) A few kisses.
(d) A card.
3. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They break up.
(b) They are expecting a child.
(c) They are engaged to be married.
(d) They have started dating.
4. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
(d) Easy going.
5. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She is unhappy with it.
(b) She is happy with it.
(c) She believes it is a horrible idea.
(d) She thinks nothing of it.
6. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
(a) Spending time with Daisy.
(b) Her relationship with Randall.
(c) The wedding preparations.
(d) Dating Ruby.
7. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She married the wrong man.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is not smart.
(d) She is pregnant.
8. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) The birdhouses.
(b) His drug use.
(c) The guitars.
(d) The paintings.
9. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
(a) Shy and quiet.
(b) With a strong will and great self-confidence.
(c) Nervous and uncertain.
(d) With a violent temper and a lack of direction.
10. How does May feel about the baby?
11. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Pushes her.
(b) Backs down from her.
(c) Stands up.
(d) Ignores her.
12. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How she cannot eat the fruit.
(b) How she does not feel well.
(c) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
(d) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
13. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
(a) In the waiting room.
(b) In the father's waiting room.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In her car.
14. May thinks she is the expert on what?
15. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He really likes her.
(d) He is not a good person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth recalls this as what?
2. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
3. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
4. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
5. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)