|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May thinks she is the expert on what?
2. What does Ruth pick Daisy to be?
(a) Her bridesmaid.
(b) Her legal guardian.
(c) Her roommate.
(d) Her best friend.
3. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
(a) She is allergic to that fruit.
(b) She does not like it when he gets his way.
(c) She does not like that type of fruit.
(d) She has to pay for them.
4. How does May feel about the baby?
5. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She married the wrong man.
(d) She is not smart.
6. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Pushes her.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Stands up.
(d) Backs down from her.
7. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
8. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(b) He was hungry.
(c) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
(d) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
9. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) A simple dress.
(b) Her best dress.
(c) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
(d) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
10. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They think it might be a good idea.
(b) They do not really think anything about this idea.
(c) They like it.
(d) They do not like it.
11. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She is happy with it.
(b) She is unhappy with it.
(c) She believes it is a horrible idea.
(d) She thinks nothing of it.
12. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
(a) They break up.
(b) They are engaged to be married.
(c) They have started dating.
(d) They are expecting a child.
13. Why is Ruth's idea dropped?
(a) Ruby becomes very ill.
(b) Ruby gets hit by a car and messes up his leg.
(c) Ruby finds a new job.
(d) Ruby decides he does not want to go.
14. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Get new jobs.
(b) Move out.
(c) Go to couple's counseling.
(d) Take a trip by themselves.
15. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
(a) A decrease in.
(b) The same.
(d) An increase in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth names the baby what?
2. Ruth and Ruby spend the first three months of the baby's life where?
3. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
4. Ruth wants to take Justin and disappear where?
5. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)