|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Watches the house.
(b) Tries to find a job.
(c) Wanders around town.
2. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(c) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
(d) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
3. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
(a) In her car.
(b) In the father's waiting room.
(c) In the waiting room.
(d) In the hall.
4. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a swing.
(c) In the hot sun.
(d) In the bathtub.
5. Ruth recalls this as what?
(a) The worst time of her life.
(b) The scariest time of her life.
(c) The best time of her life.
(d) The most unusual time of her life.
6. What do Ruby and May think of this idea?
(a) They do not really think anything about this idea.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They think it might be a good idea.
7. Ruby leaves the house and Ruth learns hours later that he did what?
(a) Destroyed cars.
(b) Ran away.
(c) Took pills.
(d) Jumped into the river.
8. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
9. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
10. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
11. The first few months of marriage are ___________.
(d) Easy going.
12. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
13. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid is happy for her.
(b) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(c) Sid misses her.
(d) Sid is not feeling well.
14. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
(a) Get away from each other.
(c) Sit together peacefully.
(d) Agree on something.
15. That summer and fall, Ruth, May, Ruby, and Justin begin to go where?
(a) To the movies.
(b) On vacations.
(c) To the park.
(d) To church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
2. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
3. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
4. The following January, Ruby gets a job running ________________ that parks in the grocery store parking lot twice a month.
5. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)