|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
(a) Spending time with Daisy.
(b) Her relationship with Randall.
(c) Dating Ruby.
(d) The wedding preparations.
2. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
(a) To make a coonskin cap.
(b) In their cooking.
(c) In their sexual play.
(d) To dust.
3. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(a) Dee Dee.
4. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
(a) Having another child.
(b) What it would be like to run away.
(c) Having her mother committed to a mental institution.
(d) Living in a home of her own.
5. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He curses.
(b) He faints.
(c) He eats.
(d) He cries.
6. Ruth does what to May for the first time?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Stands up.
(c) Pushes her.
(d) Backs down from her.
7. May is forced to wait where, but Ruby goes with her to the labor room?
(a) In the waiting room.
(b) In the father's waiting room.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In her car.
8. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) In the hot sun.
(c) In the car.
(d) In a swing.
9. How is May appeased?
(a) When Matt agrees to come for the wedding.
(b) Ruby buys her a gift.
(c) Her daughter is now seeing Randall.
(d) May and Ruby get to know each other.
10. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
(a) To never talk to her again.
(b) To never go on a date with her again.
(c) To never force himself on her again.
(d) To never come near her again.
11. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
12. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
(a) Ruby was angry all the time.
(b) Ruby always overslept.
(c) Ruby could not handle having someone boss him around.
(d) Ruby could not remember basic directions.
13. When does tension begin?
(a) When Ruth teases Ruby about his guitar-playing abilities.
(b) When May makes fun of Ruby's paintings.
(c) When May makes fun of Ruby's birdhouses.
(d) When Ruby and Ruth move in with May.
14. They sleep in late the first morning and spend the day doing what?
(b) Going hiking.
(c) Laying out on the beach.
(d) Watching television and cleaning up the house.
15. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Wanders around town.
(b) Watches the house.
(c) Tries to find a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth finally takes this opportunity to tell Aunt Sid what?
2. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
3. Ruth recalls this as what?
4. What does Ruth pick Daisy to be?
5. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)