|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
(a) To never go on a date with her again.
(b) To never come near her again.
(c) To never talk to her again.
(d) To never force himself on her again.
2. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
(a) Travel around the state.
(b) Live on her own.
(c) Search for a new job.
(d) Stay at her Aunt Sid's.
3. Ruth wants to buy him a winter suit, but May gets him one from where?
(a) Men's Warehouse.
4. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When she becomes tired of them at home.
(b) When the bills get tight.
(c) When she tires of doing all the work.
(d) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
5. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A few kisses.
(b) A date.
(c) A hug.
(d) A card.
6. Ruth becomes wrapped up in what?
(a) The wedding preparations.
(b) Her relationship with Randall.
(c) Spending time with Daisy.
(d) Dating Ruby.
7. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
(a) To Arizona.
(b) To California.
(c) To Texas.
(d) To Florida.
8. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
(b) How she cannot eat the fruit.
(c) How she does not feel well.
(d) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
9. May's attitude toward Ruth begins to do what?
(a) Get worse.
(c) Become abusive.
10. Who walks Ruth down the aisle?
11. Ruth learns what about herself?
(a) She married the wrong man.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is not smart.
12. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
(a) Poisoned it.
(b) Strangled it.
(c) Ate it.
(d) Took care of it.
13. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(b) He moves to Florida.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
14. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
(b) Dee Dee.
15. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruby's mother was an alcoholic and fell asleep with Ruby where?
2. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
3. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
4. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
5. As the pregnancy continues, Ruth and Ruby attend what?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)