|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May then spends the entire night complaining about what?
(a) How she does not feel well.
(b) How her apple pies did not come out right because Ruby insisted on the wrong apples.
(c) How Ruby always gets his way and she never has any say.
(d) How she cannot eat the fruit.
2. How does May feel about the baby?
3. When does tension begin?
(a) When Ruth teases Ruby about his guitar-playing abilities.
(b) When May makes fun of Ruby's paintings.
(c) When May makes fun of Ruby's birdhouses.
(d) When Ruby and Ruth move in with May.
4. A few weeks later, May and Ruby fight about what?
(a) His drug use.
(b) The paintings.
(c) The birdhouses.
(d) The guitars.
5. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
(a) Still go on the vacation.
(b) Move out.
(c) Stay at home.
(d) Find a new job.
6. Ruth wants to take Justin and disappear where?
7. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He was hungry.
(b) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
(c) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(d) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
8. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
9. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Wanders around town.
(b) Tries to find a job.
(d) Watches the house.
10. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
11. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When she tires of doing all the work.
(b) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
(c) When she becomes tired of them at home.
(d) When the bills get tight.
12. May thinks she is the expert on what?
13. May does not approve of Ruby from the start, claiming what?
(a) He appears to be stupid and once vandalized some cars.
(b) He is too good for Ruth.
(c) He is a loser.
(d) He is not good enough for her daughter.
14. What does Ruby do while Ruth labors?
(a) He eats.
(b) He curses.
(c) He faints.
(d) He cries.
15. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid is not feeling well.
(b) Sid misses her.
(c) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(d) Sid is happy for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
2. Does May enjoy being a grandmother?
3. Ruby comes to Ruth and apologizes, promising what?
4. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
5. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)