|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
(b) Making birdhouses.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Playing his guitar.
2. Ruby continues to see his counselor who pushes him to do what?
(a) Stop using drugs.
(b) See him more often.
(c) Get a home of his own for his family.
(d) Get a job.
3. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Long weekend.
(b) Long day.
(c) Short weekend.
(d) Long week.
4. Finally the baby comes after how many hours of labor?
5. Ruth decides she and Ruby should do what?
(a) Get new jobs.
(b) Take a trip by themselves.
(c) Move out.
(d) Go to couple's counseling.
6. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
7. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) A simple dress.
(b) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(c) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
(d) Her best dress.
8. That Christmas Eve Ruth remembers as what?
(a) One of the best times in her marriage.
(b) One of the worst times in her marriage.
(c) An okay day.
(d) No different than any other day.
9. Ruth returns to ___________ tensions at home.
(a) A decrease in.
(b) The same.
(d) An increase in.
10. May does not approve of Ruby from the start, claiming what?
(a) He is not good enough for her daughter.
(b) He is too good for Ruth.
(c) He is a loser.
(d) He appears to be stupid and once vandalized some cars.
11. Daisy comes to Ruth and tells her what about Ruby?
(a) He is not interested in her.
(b) He really likes her.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is not a good person.
12. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A few kisses.
(b) A card.
(c) A hug.
(d) A date.
13. May and Ruth work while Ruby does what?
(a) Tries to find a job.
(c) Wanders around town.
(d) Watches the house.
14. As May continues to harp on Ruth and Ruby for the way they are raising Justin, Ruth begins to imagine what?
(a) What it would be like to run away.
(b) Living in a home of her own.
(c) Having another child.
(d) Having her mother committed to a mental institution.
15. In _______, Ruth and Ruby spend a week on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth and Ruby spend the first three months of the baby's life where?
2. Artie gives Ruby a job where?
3. Why does May become upset when Ruby insists on a certain type of fruit?
4. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
5. One Saturday, later in that winter, Ruby brings home a coon's tail he found and he and Ruth use it how?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)