|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ruth and Ruby spend all their free time together?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Going to bars and drinking in dark, secluded places.
(c) Going out to nice dinners.
(d) Going on long walks.
2. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A hug.
(b) A card.
(c) A few kisses.
(d) A date.
3. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She thinks nothing of it.
(b) She believes it is a horrible idea.
(c) She is unhappy with it.
(d) She is happy with it.
4. Why did Ruby do this to the chicken?
(a) He noticed that it was not looking very healthy.
(b) He was hungry.
(c) He was angry when May refused to let him take Justin into town in the car.
(d) He wanted to test out his new drugs.
5. Why does May insist they all go back to work?
(a) When the bills get tight.
(b) When Justin is sleeping through the night.
(c) When she becomes tired of them at home.
(d) When she tires of doing all the work.
6. Daisy tells Ruth that she should do what?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Move out.
(c) Still go on the vacation.
(d) Stay at home.
7. Ruth wants to take Justin and disappear where?
8. When Ruby was revived, his mother promised to what?
(a) Never touch him again.
(b) Never allow harm to come to him again.
(c) Never drink again.
(d) Never allow anyone to come near him again.
9. On her wedding day, Ruth wears what?
(a) The same dress May wore to marry Willard Jenson.
(b) A simple dress.
(c) The same dress May wore to marry Ruth's father.
(d) Her best dress.
10. How does May feel about the baby?
11. Ruth soon learns that Ruby did what to one of May's chickens?
(a) Ate it.
(b) Poisoned it.
(c) Took care of it.
(d) Strangled it.
12. It was a family dynamic that caused Ruby to grow up how?
(a) Nervous and uncertain.
(b) With a strong will and great self-confidence.
(c) With a violent temper and a lack of direction.
(d) Shy and quiet.
13. May learns in __________ that Matt was mentioned in Time magazine but did not tell her.
14. Ruth tells Ruby's story as his counselor ________ told it to her.
15. Sid is there and congratulates Ruth. Ruth gets what impression?
(a) Sid is not happy with her choices in life.
(b) Sid is not feeling well.
(c) Sid misses her.
(d) Sid is happy for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Ruby not hold a job?
2. Ruby spends most of his time doing what in the basement?
3. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
4. Tensions begin to grow again as what happens?
5. Within a few months, what has happened to Ruth and Ruby?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)