|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matt lives in a world that does not include who?
(b) May and Ruth.
(c) Anyone but himself.
2. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) He joined her class.
(b) She dreamed to be him.
(c) She was worried about him.
(d) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
3. Daisy wants to be what in Hollywood or New York?
(a) A movie star.
(b) A model.
(c) A makeup artist.
(d) A waitress.
4. Ruth remembers one Christmas when the Reverend at her church announced what?
(a) Jesus is born.
(b) Satan has taken control of many lives.
(c) He would be retiring.
(d) The coming of Jesus.
5. How did Sid feel about Ruth's first letter?
(a) She was annoyed.
(b) She was worried.
(c) She was impressed.
(d) She was embarrassed.
6. In __________ grade, Ruth was instructed to write a letter to someone, so she chose Aunt Sid.
7. Still she often had trouble with what?
(a) Verb conjugation.
(b) Paying attention.
(c) Some of the bigger words.
8. For _____ years, May lived with her parents, doing the chores with the younger children.
9. When May discovered Sid had given Ruth a musical jewelry box, what did she do?
(a) She yelled at Sid.
(b) She begged Sid to take it back.
(c) She asked Sid to say it was from her.
(d) She quickly confiscated the gift.
10. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
(b) Worked in the garden.
(d) The laundry.
11. One evening around the fourth of July, Daisy takes Ruth to the lake. They steal a boat and paddle out to the middle of the lake where they run into who?
(d) Dee Dee.
12. Ruth recalls how her mother often told her her father's leaving was whose fault?
(b) No one's.
13. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
(a) She was disappointed.
(b) She was worried.
(c) She was angry.
(d) She was surprised.
14. May is desperate to be what to Matt?
(a) His confidante.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His sister.
15. Matt is a _____________ man by the time they reach high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth recalls how in school she began with what impression?
2. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
3. Ruth realizes now that people in town must have felt how for her and her family?
4. How does Ruth feel about these books?
5. Immediately after graduation, Matt goes where?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)