|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she help the team do?
(a) Go to state competition.
(b) Win a trophy.
(c) Go to regional competition.
(d) Become league champions.
2. What happened one afternoon when Ruth's father accidentally spilled ice cream on her head?
(a) Everyone became angry with him.
(b) Everyone ignored her.
(c) Everyone laughed together at that.
(d) Everyone laughed at her.
3. On payday, Ruth hands her check over to May except for______ dollars which she puts away in a piggy bank.
4. Ruth recalls a time when May suggested Ruth go to what?
(a) A school dance.
(b) A party.
(c) A movie.
(d) A concert.
5. Ruth takes a job where?
(a) At the Lucky Laundry.
(b) At the Trim 'N Tidy.
(c) At the Atlantis Super Wash Center.
(d) At the Suds On 8th Avenue.
6. As children they often played house together, but Matt had to be who?
(a) The father.
(b) The bride.
(c) The son.
(d) The groom.
7. Who was going to change the world?
(b) The congregation.
8. For _____ years, May lived with her parents, doing the chores with the younger children.
9. Ruth relates the story of her mother's life as it was told to her by whom?
(a) Her Aunt Sid.
(b) Her counselor, Sharry.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother, Matt.
10. _________ years later Ruth was born and Matthew the following year.
11. May often has to remind Ruth to do what?
(a) Finish her work.
(b) Stay organized.
(c) Be polite to the customers.
(d) Listen to her boss.
12. They often share personal stories, and sometimes Miss Finch talks about her husband and what?
(a) Their home.
(b) Their travels together.
(c) Their life together.
(d) Their children.
13. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
(a) Yes, but only at first.
14. Willard was killed where?
(a) On the train to work.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In the Pacific.
(d) In the Atlantic.
15. One of May's brothers was deaf and moved to a deaf school when he was _________.
(a) Only three.
(b) Only five.
(c) Only six.
(d) Only four.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruby begin her story?
2. Why is Ruth afraid to tell this story and May's reaction?
3. Did Ruth have friends?
4. One evening around the fourth of July, Daisy takes Ruth to the lake. They steal a boat and paddle out to the middle of the lake where they run into who?
5. Artie, from the dry cleaners, talks Ruth into joining what?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)