|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Together as what do May and Ruth work?
(a) Cleaning ladies.
2. _________ years later Ruth was born and Matthew the following year.
3. What does Ruth discover about herself?
(a) She is good at bowling.
(b) She is good at tennis.
(c) She is good at basketball.
(d) She is good at softball.
4. Ruth realizes now that people in town must have felt how for her and her family?
5. Ruth recalls a time when May suggested Ruth go to what?
(a) A party.
(b) A concert.
(c) A school dance.
(d) A movie.
6. Ruth remembers one birthday when May did what for her?
(a) Took her to Showbiz Pizza.
(b) Baked her a special birthday cake.
(c) Bought her a birthday cake.
(d) Made a special dinner for her.
7. Still she often had trouble with what?
(a) Some of the bigger words.
(b) Paying attention.
(c) Verb conjugation.
8. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
(b) Yes, but only at first.
9. Sid came to make amends with May over an argument dealing with what?
(a) Paying the mortgage.
(b) May's husband.
(c) The distribution of their parents' things upon their death.
(d) The raising of May's children.
10. How does Ruby begin her story?
(a) By describing the town in which she grew up.
(b) By describing her family.
(c) By describing her son.
(d) By describing herself.
11. Due to the amount of teasing Ruth receives at school, what does she do?
(a) She asks Aunt Sid for money to buy bras but lies and says the money is for a gift for May's birthday.
(b) She asks Aunt Sid for the money for school supplies.
(c) She asks Aunt Sid to take her bra shopping.
(d) She asks Aunt Sid for the money to buy bras.
12. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
(a) She was surprised.
(b) She was angry.
(c) She was disappointed.
(d) She was worried.
13. What does Artie proudly display in the store?
(a) The basketball trophy.
(b) The softball trophy.
(c) The bowling trophy.
(d) The tennis trophy.
14. As children they often played house together, but Matt had to be who?
(a) The father.
(b) The son.
(c) The bride.
(d) The groom.
15. Honey Creek is a small farm town in the ______________ part of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unfortunately Ruth lost out on the spelling bee. How did May treat her?
2. May wore the same _________ from her sister's wedding to her husband's memorial service.
3. When they finally married, most people thought it was for what reason?
4. While Ruth is working for Miss Finch, she begins to do what?
5. At other times, Ruth reads snippets of the letters she receives from whom?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)