|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone liked Willard Jenson; he was _______________ young man.
(a) A kind and handsome.
(b) An odd but friendly.
(c) An intelligent.
(d) A good looking and charming.
2. Ruth takes a job where?
(a) At the Lucky Laundry.
(b) At the Atlantis Super Wash Center.
(c) At the Suds On 8th Avenue.
(d) At the Trim 'N Tidy.
3. Where does Matt go to school in the fall?
4. What does Artie proudly display in the store?
(a) The bowling trophy.
(b) The softball trophy.
(c) The basketball trophy.
(d) The tennis trophy.
5. Artie, from the dry cleaners, talks Ruth into joining what?
(a) The Atlantis Super Wash Center basketball team.
(b) The Lucky Laundry tennis team.
(c) The Suds On 8th Avenue softball team.
(d) The Trim 'N Tidy bowling team.
6. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
(b) Yes, but only at first.
7. What happened one afternoon when Ruth's father accidentally spilled ice cream on her head?
(a) Everyone ignored her.
(b) Everyone became angry with him.
(c) Everyone laughed together at that.
(d) Everyone laughed at her.
8. Ruth also recalls when she got into the spelling bee and May allowed her to wear what?
(a) An heirloom pin.
(b) Her hair in curls.
(c) Her best dress.
(d) A pair of earrings.
9. For _____ years, May lived with her parents, doing the chores with the younger children.
10. Did May accept this news?
(a) Yes, she accepted it a couple days after she received the news.
(b) No, she refused it.
(c) Yes, she accepted it.
(d) Yes, but only at first.
11. What does Randall, Dee Dee's son, do to Ruth?
(a) He bullies her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He teases her.
(d) He makes a pass at her.
12. One evening around the fourth of July, Daisy takes Ruth to the lake. They steal a boat and paddle out to the middle of the lake where they run into who?
(b) Dee Dee.
13. What does May not buy Ruth?
(a) School supplies.
14. Who was going to change the world?
(c) The congregation.
15. On payday, Ruth hands her check over to May except for______ dollars which she puts away in a piggy bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth remembers one Christmas when the Reverend at her church announced what?
2. In __________ grade, Ruth was instructed to write a letter to someone, so she chose Aunt Sid.
3. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
4. Honey Creek is a small farm town in the ______________ part of Illinois.
5. Ruth was left devastated by her own stupidity, despite advancing to the final _________.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)