|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matt is a _____________ man by the time they reach high school.
2. Ruth remembers mistaking __________ for onions one night.
(b) Tulip bulbs.
(c) Daffodil bulbs.
3. Ruth recalls how in school she began with what impression?
(a) She was popular.
(b) She was special.
(c) She was dumb.
(d) She was smart.
4. Ruth begins working for Miss Finch. Miss Finch lives down the road from the Grey's and lost what in her old age?
(a) Her sight.
(b) Her ability to speak.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) Her mind.
5. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
6. Immediately after graduation, Matt goes where?
(a) To an academic camp.
(b) To summer camp.
(c) To college.
(d) To Europe.
7. Ruth does not have many memories of her father, but she can recall one afternoon when she helped a _______ deliver its baby how her father patted her on the head and told her she was a good farmer.
8. The town is so _________ that everyone knows everyone's business.
9. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
(a) Ability to make friends.
(c) Lover for their mother.
10. _________ years later Ruth was born and Matthew the following year.
11. How does Ruby begin her story?
(a) By describing her son.
(b) By describing her family.
(c) By describing the town in which she grew up.
(d) By describing herself.
12. Ruth remembers her first meeting with who?
(a) Her Aunt Sid.
(b) Her neighbor Sid.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin Sid.
13. It was a rare bit of praise for a child overshadowed by whom?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her little brother.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her father's friends.
14. What happened one afternoon when Ruth's father accidentally spilled ice cream on her head?
(a) Everyone laughed at her.
(b) Everyone ignored her.
(c) Everyone laughed together at that.
(d) Everyone became angry with him.
15. Ruth recalls a time when May suggested Ruth go to what?
(a) A movie.
(b) A concert.
(c) A party.
(d) A school dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
2. Honey Creek is a small farm town in the ______________ part of Illinois.
3. Miss Finch is taken to a nursing home for what reason?
4. Matt is Ruth's younger brother. He always did everything ____________ she did.
5. They often share personal stories, and sometimes Miss Finch talks about her husband and what?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)