|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a while, Miss Finch becomes what to Ruth?
(a) A friend.
(b) A sister.
(c) A mother.
(d) An acquaintance.
2. They often share personal stories, and sometimes Miss Finch talks about her husband and what?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their home.
(c) Their travels together.
(d) Their life together.
3. What does May not buy Ruth?
(c) School supplies.
4. Everyone liked Willard Jenson; he was _______________ young man.
(a) A good looking and charming.
(b) An intelligent.
(c) An odd but friendly.
(d) A kind and handsome.
5. One of May's brothers was deaf and moved to a deaf school when he was _________.
(a) Only six.
(b) Only five.
(c) Only three.
(d) Only four.
6. Ruth also recalls when she got into the spelling bee and May allowed her to wear what?
(a) Her best dress.
(b) Her hair in curls.
(c) A pair of earrings.
(d) An heirloom pin.
7. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) She dreamed to be him.
(b) He joined her class.
(c) She was worried about him.
(d) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
8. Ruth realizes now that people in town must have felt how for her and her family?
9. Ruth would often catch bees and leave them where?
(a) In the house.
(b) In Matt's club house.
(c) In Matt's bed.
(d) In Matt's car.
10. Ruth relates the story of her mother's life as it was told to her by whom?
(a) Her counselor, Sharry.
(b) Her Aunt Sid.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother, Matt.
11. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
(b) Lover for their mother.
(d) Ability to make friends.
12. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
(a) Worked in the garden.
(b) The laundry.
13. May wore the same _________ from her sister's wedding to her husband's memorial service.
14. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
(b) Yes, but only at first.
15. For _____ years, May lived with her parents, doing the chores with the younger children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth remembers her first meeting with who?
2. Unfortunately Ruth lost out on the spelling bee. How did May treat her?
3. Ruth begins working for Miss Finch. Miss Finch lives down the road from the Grey's and lost what in her old age?
4. Ruth recalls how her mother often told her her father's leaving was whose fault?
5. How does Ruth feel about these books?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)