|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth does not have many memories of her father, but she can recall one afternoon when she helped a _______ deliver its baby how her father patted her on the head and told her she was a good farmer.
2. Does Ruth intend to stay the first few times she goes to Miss Finch's?
(d) Yes, but only at first.
3. Ruth recalls how her mother often told her her father's leaving was whose fault?
(c) No one's.
4. Matt often shone in school, actually skipping a grade. How did this affect Ruth?
(a) He skipped to a grade ahead of her.
(b) She was worried about him.
(c) He joined her class.
(d) She dreamed to be him.
5. Ruth believes May is very _________ at this point in her life.
6. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
(a) Ability to make friends.
(b) Lover for their mother.
7. Still she often had trouble with what?
(a) Some of the bigger words.
(c) Verb conjugation.
(d) Paying attention.
8. What does Ruth discover about herself?
(a) She is good at bowling.
(b) She is good at softball.
(c) She is good at tennis.
(d) She is good at basketball.
9. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
(a) Worked in the garden.
(c) The laundry.
10. Ruth begins working for Miss Finch. Miss Finch lives down the road from the Grey's and lost what in her old age?
(a) Her ability to speak.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her hearing.
(d) Her sight.
11. What does Randall, Dee Dee's son, do to Ruth?
(a) He bullies her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He makes a pass at her.
(d) He teases her.
12. Did May accept this news?
(a) Yes, but only at first.
(b) No, she refused it.
(c) Yes, she accepted it.
(d) Yes, she accepted it a couple days after she received the news.
13. At other times, Ruth reads snippets of the letters she receives from whom?
(b) Dee Dee.
(d) Aunt Sid.
14. May is desperate to be what to Matt?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His confidante.
(d) His best friend.
15. Honey Creek is a small farm town in the ______________ part of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth remembers one birthday when May did what for her?
2. Matt is a _____________ man by the time they reach high school.
3. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
4. What does Artie proudly display in the store?
5. May wore the same _________ from her sister's wedding to her husband's memorial service.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)