|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May, either intentionally or unintentionally, does not notice what about Ruth?
(a) Her changing intelligence.
(b) Her changing confidence.
(c) Her changing body.
(d) Her changing grades.
2. Ruth is hired to do what for Miss Finch?
(a) Set up books on tape.
(b) Organize her her books in braille.
(c) Read to her.
(d) Cook for her.
3. Ruth's father left when she was ______, just drove away and went to Texas to pick grapefruit and never returned.
4. Who was going to change the world?
(c) The congregation.
5. Why did Ruth have to pay special attention in school?
(a) So she could be as smart as her brother.
(b) So she could read these letters.
(c) So she could pass tests.
(d) So she could earn a compliment.
6. Some of the books are non-fiction, but many of them are classic literature, such as Charles Dickens' Bleak House and Jane Austen's _______________.
(b) Sense and Sensibility.
(c) Mansfield Park.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
7. Matt is a _____________ man by the time they reach high school.
8. What does Artie proudly display in the store?
(a) The basketball trophy.
(b) The softball trophy.
(c) The bowling trophy.
(d) The tennis trophy.
9. May cooks dinner while Ruth does what?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Tends to the chickens and collects the eggs.
(c) Cleans the house.
(d) The laundry.
10. One evening around the fourth of July, Daisy takes Ruth to the lake. They steal a boat and paddle out to the middle of the lake where they run into who?
(d) Dee Dee.
11. Ruth takes a job where?
(a) At the Lucky Laundry.
(b) At the Atlantis Super Wash Center.
(c) At the Suds On 8th Avenue.
(d) At the Trim 'N Tidy.
12. May learned the tragic news on what day?
(a) The day her sister Marion got married.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The day of their first anniversary.
(d) Her birthday.
13. In __________ grade, Ruth was instructed to write a letter to someone, so she chose Aunt Sid.
14. It was a rare bit of praise for a child overshadowed by whom?
(a) Her older brother.
(b) Her father's friends.
(c) Her little brother.
(d) Her mother.
15. Honey Creek is a small farm town in the ______________ part of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ruth feel when Jesus did not really make an appearance?
2. Still she often had trouble with what?
3. May wore the same _________ from her sister's wedding to her husband's memorial service.
4. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
5. Did May accept this news?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)