|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruby learns of his mother's death a few years later, what does he do?
(a) He moves to Florida.
(b) He cries and locks himself up in his room.
(c) He attempts suicide.
(d) He becomes violent and damages several cars.
2. One evening around the fourth of July, Daisy takes Ruth to the lake. They steal a boat and paddle out to the middle of the lake where they run into who?
(a) Dee Dee.
3. Ruth goes to Randall and offers him words of encouragement as well as what?
(a) A date.
(b) A hug.
(c) A card.
(d) A few kisses.
4. On payday, Ruth hands her check over to May except for______ dollars which she puts away in a piggy bank.
5. May's main chore as a teenager was what?
(a) The laundry.
(b) The education of her younger siblings.
(c) The cooking.
(d) The cleaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Matt go to school in the fall?
2. Why did Ruth have to pay special attention in school?
3. May shows Ruth how to do what but stops abruptly when Matt walks in and sees them?
4. Eventually Ruby's mother, who suffered asthma, had to move where for her health, leaving Ruby on his own in Illinois?
5. May's attitude toward Ruth begins to do what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)