|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they grew older and Matt's _____________ continued to shine, Ruth began to torture him.
(c) Ability to make friends.
(d) Lover for their mother.
2. Ruby and Ruth have a _____________ to celebrate their marriage.
(a) Short weekend.
(b) Long week.
(c) Long weekend.
(d) Long day.
3. Sid tells Ruby that May would often have her boyfriend, Willard Jenson, over while she did what?
(b) The laundry.
(d) Worked in the garden.
4. What does May think of Ruth's idea?
(a) She thinks nothing of it.
(b) She believes it is a horrible idea.
(c) She is unhappy with it.
(d) She is happy with it.
5. The marriage was a happy one, until what?
(a) World War I began.
(b) May became pregnant.
(c) Willard lost his job.
(d) World War II began.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth recalls how in school she began with what impression?
2. Ruth recalls a time when May suggested Ruth go to what?
3. This is the only time in which the four of them could do what?
4. No one wants to hear about Ruth's trip, so she tells who?
5. What does Ruth decide to do for a few days?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)