|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Jack and the others see a blinding light?
(a) The mountain falls on the northern army.
(b) The mountain falls on the southern army.
(c) Their is a heavy fog that confuses Harry's enemies.
(d) The gap splits open and creates a crevasse.
2. What does Harry realize that makes her feel ashamed?
(a) That she is flithy.
(b) That she deserted her friends.
(c) That she has lost her sash.
(d) That she never told Jack where she was going.
3. What does one of Harry's companions suggest they all have in common?
(a) They are all Southerners.
(b) They all follow Harry.
(c) They are all Northerners.
(d) They all respect Corlath.
4. What does Mathin say is a sign of honor?
(a) The bruise over Harry's right eye.
(b) The pendant Mathin gives Harry to wear.
(c) Harry's slashed and mended sash.
(d) The scar on Harry's neck.
5. How many Outlander soldiers follow Harry into the Hills?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Riders go with Corlath into the mountains?
2. For whom does Luthe fear?
3. What does the crowd do after Harry wins?
4. What does Harry ask for when she wakes at the opening to Chapter Fourteen?
5. Whose help does Harry seek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry do as Corlath and the army are leaving Luthe's and what does Luthe say to her?
2. What does Corlath tell Harry about the cottage and his mother?
3. What does Harry do about the wounded in Corlath's camp?
4. How does Jack feel about Harry being a Rider, and how does Harry find out about her heritage?
5. What does Jack do when he hears Harry and what does Tom Lloyd notice about Harry?
6. What does Harry ask Jack and how does Jack feel about her and her request?
7. What does Harry find when she follows a small stream away from the hall of Luthe and what does she learn there?
8. Who joins the group at a lunch stop and what does she tell Harry?
9. What does Harry do after her argument with Corlath over the Outlanders?
10. What do Jack and Harry see when they look though the gap after a unnatural North wind begins to blow and what do they do?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)