|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry ask of the Outlanders?
(a) To join Corlath's army in the invasion in the South.
(b) To allow Corlath's army passage.
(c) To help them protect the southwest pass.
(d) To help them protect the northwest pass.
2. Who becomes close to Harry?
(a) No one.
(b) Terim and Senay.
3. What does Harry realize about Jack and the rest of his men?
(a) They violated their regulations.
(b) They are all dead except 3.
(c) They are almost all alive.
(d) They have left.
4. What does Harry do when she climbs one side of the gap and draws Gonturan?
(a) Pledges her life to defend the pass.
(b) Calls out for her great-grandmother.
(c) Calls out for Lady Aerin and Corlath.
(d) Asks for the gods blessings.
5. What man does Corlath speak to when the group comes to a clearing?
(a) An elderly man with white hair.
(b) A yellow-haired man.
(c) A yellow-haired woman.
(d) A large, black-haired man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kentarre say to Harry about her forces?
2. What does Harry notice about her army as she rides back across the gap?
3. What does one of Harry's companions suggest they all have in common?
4. What does the seer say Harry is a cross between?
5. For whom does Luthe fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack feel about Harry being a Rider, and how does Harry find out about her heritage?
2. Who arrives after Harry gets back through the gap, what does Harry learn from Jack at that arrival and what does the person who comes say to Harry?
3. What does Luthe advise Harry about her questions about her future?
4. What does Harry and Corlath see when they drink the Water of Sight after the banquet?
5. What does Jack tell Harry about where they should go, what does Harry see when she is sleeping and what does she see in the fire when she wakes up?
6. What does Harry do the first night in Luthe's hall, what does she want to know and what does he ask her?
7. What does Harry ask Jack and how does Jack feel about her and her request?
8. What does Kentarre say to Harry when Harry is getting ready to join Corlath and what does the rest of the group do about Harry leaving?
9. What does Harry find when she follows a small stream away from the hall of Luthe and what does she learn there?
10. What does Jack do when he hears Harry and what does Tom Lloyd notice about Harry?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)