|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack and others find when they climb the mountain?
(b) Harry under a huge rock.
(c) Harry weeping.
(d) Harry crumpled in a clearing.
2. For how long does Harry say they need to hold the pass?
(a) For ten days.
(b) Until nightfall.
(c) For three days.
(d) Until Corlath arrives.
3. What does Harry ride for several days to practice fighting?
4. For whom did Lady Aerin once fight?
(c) The Outlanders.
(d) Harry's great-grandfather.
5. Where does Harry say they are headed?
(a) To Terim's village.
(b) To Senay's village.
(c) To Corlath's castle.
(d) To the Southwest pass.
6. Who is amused that Narknon has traveled with Harry?
7. With whom does Harry sneak away from camp?
(a) No one.
(b) Aerin and Mathin.
(c) Sungold and Mathin.
(d) Sungold and Narknon.
8. What does Harry see about the following day with her kelar?
(a) That the opposing army will be there.
(b) That Sungold will die.
(c) That the milanon will all be killed.
(d) That she may die.
9. What happens to Harry's companions?
(a) They are told they can camp outside the gates.
(b) They are received as honored guests.
(c) They are told to return to Coleth.
(d) They are put in the stockade.
10. Who comes running after Harry surprises everyone?
(a) Mather Dedd.
(b) Jack Dedham.
(c) No one; they are all too scared.
(d) Jake Whittle.
11. What does Harry realize that makes her feel ashamed?
(a) That she never told Jack where she was going.
(b) That she is flithy.
(c) That she deserted her friends.
(d) That she has lost her sash.
12. What does Laprun-minta mean?
(a) The one who comes before.
(b) First above the standard.
(c) The annoited one.
(d) First in the trials.
13. What does Harry hear Corlath's voice say in her head?
(a) Kill Harry.
14. What does Aerin tell Harry?
(a) That Corlath is waiting for her.
(b) That Richard is not her brother.
(c) That Corlath is now her enemy.
(d) That her great-grandmother is there.
15. About what do Corlath and Harry again argue?
(a) The best route to approach the South.
(b) Harry's assignment in the upcoming battle.
(c) The Outlanders.
(d) The best route to approach the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man does Corlath speak to when the group comes to a clearing?
2. Who is Kentarre's clan?
3. Who is Thurra?
4. What does Harry ask Jack not to bring?
5. Who does Richard marry?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)