• Angharad Crewe, known as Harry, is sent to Istan upon the death of her father. Her new home with Lady Amelia and Sir Charles is nicer than her old one.
• Harry's brother, Richard, had asked Sir Charles what to do with her when their father died.
• Richard worries because Harry is not a proper young lady and tends to have a wandering nature.
• Harry settles in at her new home and makes a couple of friends, Elizabeth and Cassie Peterson.
• Harry believes her appearance is less than beautiful, not realizing there are a few of the soldiers who find her attractive.
• Harry has plans to go riding with Beth and Cassie, but Sir Charles arrives and says he is waiting for Colonel Jack Dedham and Richard.
• Charles notes that trouble has been brewing in the North. Damar, ruled by King Corlath ignores the Homelanders.
• North of...
This section contains 2,823 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)