|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters The Nipa Barn, Chez Dr. Isidro Cruz, and The Aero-Móvil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kay's lawyer call her?
(a) To tell her that he has a buyer for her house.
(b) To suggest Kay contact a friend of the lawyer's in Washington, D. C.
(c) To say that he thinks Kay will be able to keep her house.
(d) To find out if she wants to file for bankruptcy.
2. What does the buyer plan to do?
(a) Leave it in its unfinished state.
(b) Build condos on the land.
(c) Resell the house as quickly as possible.
(d) Build the house again and call it his design.
3. What does Kay do outside Carriscant's apartment one day?
(a) Writes down the license plate numbers of everyone's car in the area.
(b) Watches to see if he leaves.
(d) Takes pictures of any visitors to his apartment.
4. What does Kay do for Philip?
(a) Nurses him through an alcoholic binge.
(b) Gives him enough money to pay his utilities.
(c) Finds him another job.
(d) Helps him check into rehab.
5. What does Carriscant think about sex in his marriage?
(a) He can find sex anywhere and does not need to be married.
(b) There hasn't been any for a long time.
(c) It is actually the best part of the marriage.
(d) It is the only part that keeps him married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kay go to her former home?
2. What do Pantaleon and Carriscant do to a Chinese youth?
3. What does Philip say he has done?
4. What is the year when the novel opens?
5. Why do Bobby and Carriscan travel to Cruz's house?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)