|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters An Official Entertainment; The Library; Trial Run; Brahms; and In The Nipa Barn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Carriscant begins working in Manila?
(a) He makes a terrible error and is fired.
(b) He is reviled because of his race.
(c) He practices law for a rich oil company.
(d) He becomes famous.
2. Why do Carriscant and Pantaleon argue?
(a) Carriscant says he wants to be co-pilot instead of Pantaleon's nephew.
(b) Carriscant suggests adding more stabilizers.
(c) Carriscant tells him about Delphine.
(d) Carriscant does not want to be co-pilot.
3. Where does Carriscant skulk about, hoping to see the American woman he is attracted to?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The archery range.
(c) A singles bar.
(d) The museum where she works.
4. What does Kay do outside Carriscant's apartment one day?
(b) Writes down the license plate numbers of everyone's car in the area.
(c) Watches to see if he leaves.
(d) Takes pictures of any visitors to his apartment.
5. What happens to Carriscant's Chinese patient?
(a) He dies of septicemia.
(b) He is murdered by a gang of Philippines.
(c) He sues Carriscant.
(d) He is killed by an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kay conclude about the lack of her mother's reaction to Carriscant?
2. Where was Carriscant born?
3. What does Pantaleon lack?
4. What does Carriscant do to cause an old Philippine man to laugh at him?
5. What ship do Carriscant and Kay board for their journey?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)