|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Mexicali are the flies dyed?
(a) At the Zorrillo's ranch.
(b) A company called MedFly.
(c) A company called "EnviroBreed."
(d) At the US Embassy.
2. Harry notified Moore's wife--Sylvia--of the death. She calls later to thank him. What does Harry conclude at the end of that call?
(a) That Sylvia caused Moore to committ suicide.
(b) That Sylvia does not like Harry.
(c) That there is a connection between him and Sylvia.
(d) That Sylvia was the most likely person to have killed Moore.
3. What does Moore's wife hint might have been reason her husband committed suicide?
(a) Drug and alcohol addiction.
(b) The sense of abandonment he felt when his father left him to live in Calexico.
(c) The threat of suspension from his job.
(d) A worry that he could no longer solve murder cases.
4. Harry goes to Police HQ to talk to a crime scene tech. What does this tech say that makes Harry doubt the idea that Cal Moore committed suicide in his motel room?
(a) There were no other fingerprints in the motel room than Moore's.
(b) The gun did not belong to Moore.
(c) The fingerprints on the gun did not match Moore's.
(d) Moore's dental records did not match the corpse's.
5. What do Harry and Richard learn from the kid they meet on the street?
(a) The name of a club where drugs are dealt.
(b) The location of Cal Moore's body.
(c) The name of a major drug dealer.
(d) Nothing, he refuses to share any information and is arrested instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attracts Harry Bosch's attention on the police scanner as the book opens?
2. In Chapter 4, Harry thinks that Cal Moore answered a question that many people have. What is it?
3. After talking to Kerwin, what does Harry decide to do in Chapter 16?
4. The victim of the crime Harry is investigating is a former colleague of his. His life began to disintegrate when:
5. Why does Harry think homicides more difficult to solve in Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry's possible identification of the Juan Doe in Chapter 13 confirm that the three cases might be related?
2. What probably happened to Porter after Harry lost him in the coffee shop?
3. Describe the work environment in Harry's police station.
4. According to Harry, why are homicides in Hollywood more difficult to solve than elsewhere?
5. What does Harry's boss tell him at the beginning of Chapter 5, and what is Harry's response?
6. In Chapters 9 and 10, what is bothering Teresa?
7. Why does Harry think that solving homicide cases are the only cases that matter?
8. What is black ice?
9. Why do the police believe Moore killed himself?
10. Why does Harry begin to think that Moore was a bad cop?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)