|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter, Harry is thinking about an animal he is attempting to feed and has named "Timido." What kind of animal is it?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A chicken.
(c) His dog.
(d) A coyote.
2. The victim of the crime Harry is investigating is a former colleague of his. His life began to disintegrate when:
(a) Internal Affairs began to investigate.
(b) He divorced his wife.
(c) He began to sell drugs.
(d) He robbed a bank.
3. Harry cannot sleep because of the developing case. How does this make him feel?
4. What does Harry tell Rickard that he does not believe in Chapter 15?
(a) That Cal Moore secretly hated Rickard.
(b) That Cal Moore "crossed," meaning that he'd become corrupt.
(c) That Cal Moore was a secret agenct.
(d) Cal Moore was an informant,
5. Where does Harry look when he returns to his search for Porter in Chapter 12?
(a) Drive-in theaters.
(b) Twenty-four hour restaurants.
(d) "Bottle clubs" that open after bars close.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry finds Hollywood depressing. Why?
2. Why does Teresa feel compelled to say that the reason for Cal Moore's death was inconclusive?
3. Harry notified Moore's wife--Sylvia--of the death. She calls later to thank him. What does Harry conclude at the end of that call?
4. There is a mystery revealed about Harry's Lieutenant Pounds in Chapter 16. He often has white powder residue on his pants. What is it from?
5. Why does Harry think homicides more difficult to solve in Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence that Teresa uncovered having to do with brain tissue and what does it mean?
2. What does Harry learn about the way sterilized fruit flies are shipped to the United States from Mexico?
3. What is black ice?
4. Why does Harry seem so drawn to the teenager he and Rickard arrested when he goes and talks to him after he returns to visit him in jail?
5. What does Harry learn from the crime scene technician in Chapter 8?
6. How does Harry think Juan Doe's body, killed in Mexicali, made it to Los Angeles?
7. What does Harry's boss tell him at the beginning of Chapter 5, and what is Harry's response?
8. What does the teenager finally tell Harry about Dance and what does it make Harry decide?
9. What was unusual about the fruit flies found in the autopsy, according to Teresa Corazon?
10. What probably happened to Porter after Harry lost him in the coffee shop?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)