|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry call before leaving for Mexico in Chapter 16?
(a) Carols Aguila, the Mexican detective investigating the death of Juan Doe.
(b) Assistant Chief Irving.
(c) Captain Grena, the Mexican police capatain.
(d) Lieutenant Pounds.
2. Harry examines Porter's unsolved cases and discovers an odd coincidence. What is it?
(a) One of the victims was Harry's mom.
(b) Porter was investigating the Cal Moore suicide.
(c) One of the murders happened at a diner frequented by Cal Moore.
(d) Harry was a suspect in one of the cases Porter had been investigating.
3. What odd thing does Teresa find in the Juan Doe's ears?
(a) Brown dust from wheat.
(c) Residue from heroin.
(d) Insect eggs.
4. Why didn't the other patrons leave the bar when Porter and Harry started to fight?
(a) They were all police.
(b) If they left, there would be no place left to go and that scares them.
(c) Harry had blocked all of the exits.
(d) The other patrons felt like they were above the law.
5. What does Harry do for Kerwin in Chapter 15?
(a) He sends him to a GED program to finish high school.
(b) He drug tests him.
(c) Rents him a motel room.
(d) Gives him bail money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How well does Harry know Cal Moore, the murder victim?
2. What is the clientele like at Poe's, the bar where Harry finally finds Porter?
3. What cases does Harry decide to focus on first?
4. The murdered man that Harry called "Juan Doe" is really named Fernal Guitierrez-Llosa. What does Harry learn that Guitierrez-Llosa did for a living?
5. Where in Mexicali are the flies dyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Harry, why are homicides in Hollywood more difficult to solve than elsewhere?
2. What was unusual about the fruit flies found in the autopsy, according to Teresa Corazon?
3. What probably happened to Porter after Harry lost him in the coffee shop?
4. Why does Harry begin to dislike Rickard after they bust the teenager for possession?
5. Why does the kid think that Harry must be being nice to him? Is he correct?
6. Why does Harry's possible identification of the Juan Doe in Chapter 13 confirm that the three cases might be related?
7. What is the evidence that Teresa uncovered having to do with brain tissue and what does it mean?
8. Why does Bosch act so upset in the first chapter?
9. What is black ice?
10. Why do the police believe Moore killed himself?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)