|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moore thinks that no one in the LAPD will want to know the truth about how he staged his own death. Why?
(a) Because everyone in the LAPD is corrupt.
(b) Because no one would believe a cop could do anything bad.
(c) Because it will make the department look bad.
(d) Because he is so good at keeping it a secret.
2. Why does Harry think that Corvo--the DEA agent from L.A.--is acting so lively in Chapter 28?
(a) Because he is on drugs.
(b) Because he is afraid that he will get caught.
(c) Because he has just killed someone.
(d) He is excited to be doing field work.
3. How does the fact that Cal Moore faked his own death help Teresa Corazon to be appointed as the Chief Medical Examiner?
(a) Cal Moore is able to make a call for Teresa.
(b) Teresa is able to publicly solve the mystery and get praised for it.
(c) She tells Assistant Chief Irving of the error. In exchange for her silence, he makes sure she is appointed.
(d) Assistant Chief Irving is scared of ghosts.
4. How did Moore get Zorrillo's prints to plant at the crime scene?
(a) Moore made Zorrillo a passport and told him he needed his prints too.
(b) He mailed them to an accomplice.
(c) He cut off Zorrillo's fingers.
(d) He dragged Zorrillo's body there.
5. In Chapter 20, how is Calexico "like most border towns"?
(a) It's boring.
(b) It's congested.
(c) It's full of lots of different kinds of people.
(d) It's built low to the ground and full of stores and neon signs.
6. When Harry calls L.A., he finds out that Lucius Porter had been found murdered. How was he killed?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was strangled.
(c) He was pushed off a cliff.
(d) He was stoned.
7. In Chapter 22, Harry asks why Agulia bothered to send a message to the US Consul notifying them that Guitierrez-Llosa was missing. What does Agulia say?
(a) Aguila says he thought that Guitierrez-Llosa was a part of the mafia.
(b) Because Guitierrez-Llosa worked for EnviroBreed.
(c) Cal Moore asked Aguila to.
(d) Guitierrez-Llosa's wife convinced him that something was wrong.
8. What does Harry spend most of his time thinking about on his drive to Calexico?
(a) How he felt about killing a man.
(b) How he found out who his real father was.
(c) How he wants to date Teresa.
(d) How he wants to have a child.
9. What about Harry's drive to Calexico in Chapter 19 is pleasing to Harry?
(a) Harry loves cars.
(b) Harry loves to listen to the radio.
(c) Harry thinks that he does some of his best driving while driving alone.
(d) Harry uses long drives to catch up with friends on his cell phone.
10. Why was the old man--Guitierrez-Llosa--killed?
(a) He'd threatened to go to the police.
(b) He witnessed Zorrillo using the tunnel.
(c) He swallowed a MedFly.
(d) He tried to blackmail Zorrillo.
11. Why does Harry question Corvo's ability to be an effective undercover police officer in Chapter 17?
(a) He is too short.
(b) He is not a good police officer.
(c) He thinks Corvo's tatoos make him stand out too much.
(d) He thinks Corvo's scars make him stand out too much.
12. In Chapter 26, Harry visits Calexico's historical society. He tells the worker there that he is helping a friend with his family tree. Why is he really there?
(a) To learn the history of Calexico.
(b) To learn about Teresa's family history.
(c) To learn about his own family history.
(d) To learn more about Cal Moore's connection to Zorrillo.
13. Harry does not want anyone to know he came to Calexico. How does he hide this?
(a) He bribes the hotel desk clerk not to tell anyone he was there.
(b) He takes the backroads.
(c) He waits in the parking lot of the motel until it's safe.
(d) He never checks in to the hotel.
14. Why does Harry feel guilty when speaking to Aguila in Chapter 21?
(a) He wants to confess to Agullia that he killed Moore.
(b) He thinks he might hurt Aguila's career.
(c) He wishes he could tell him about his Cal Moore investigation.
(d) He feels bad about US-Mexico relations.
15. Why does Harry think that Corvo should work with him?
(a) Because he suspects Corvo is the real killer.
(b) Because he sees a connection to Zorilio--the drug kingpin--that no one else sees.
(c) Because Corvo is a better cop than Harry.
(d) Because he likes Corvo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry calls his bosses from Mexicali. What does Chief Irving threaten Harry with if he does not return to L.A.?
2. Harry meets the local police Chief and an investigator. What are Harry's impressions of them?
3. Harry and Aguila don't leave EnviroBreed despite Ely's angry outburst. What do they find out from a bureaucrat they speak with?
4. The head of EnviroBreed reveals his name to be Charles Ely. He tells Harry that he cannot look around the facility. Why?
5. Who pays Harry an unexpected visit at the bullfight?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)