|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parker Center--the L.A. Police Department's headquarters--symbolize to Harry in Chapter 8?
(a) A web of corruption.
(b) The end of his career.
(c) A bureaucratic labyrinth.
(d) A beacon for justice.
2. As Harry begins to review all of Porter's case, what does he decide to do?
(a) Take a dinner break and come back to the cases later.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Get Porter to come back to work and solve his own cases.
(d) Separate out the cases he thinks he can solve quickly from those that will take time.
3. How does Harry suspect that the man he is calling Juan Doe got from Mexicali to LA?
(a) In a cardboard carton full of fruit flies.
(b) On a train.
(c) With the police.
(d) He crawled over the border.
4. Why is Harry upset in the first chapter?
(a) His radio scanner is broken.
(b) He is alone on Christmas.
(c) RHD takes a case he thinks should be his.
(d) His dinner has been ruined by a call.
5. What do Harry and Richard learn from the kid they meet on the street?
(a) The name of a major drug dealer.
(b) The name of a club where drugs are dealt.
(c) The location of Cal Moore's body.
(d) Nothing, he refuses to share any information and is arrested instead.
6. Why does Harry think homicides more difficult to solve in Hollywood?
(a) Movie stars are more vicious.
(b) Drug dealers are very influential.
(c) There are more serial killers.
(d) Less of the victims know their killers before death.
7. Harry harms Porter in the course of their conversation. What does he do?
(a) He breaks Porter's nose.
(b) He breaks Porter's toe.
(c) He breaks Porter's wrist.
(d) He burns Porter's hand.
8. What holiday is going on as Harry starts his case?
(a) New Year's Eve.
9. Where does Moore reveal to Harry that he (Moore) is from?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) The East Coast.
10. The victim of the crime Harry is investigating is a former colleague of his. His life began to disintegrate when:
(a) He divorced his wife.
(b) He began to sell drugs.
(c) He robbed a bank.
(d) Internal Affairs began to investigate.
11. Harry spoke with Cal Moore before his death about a case. What does he discover after Moore's death from his colleagues?
(a) That Cal had planned to quit the police force.
(b) That Cal wanted to leave his wife.
(c) That Cal had planted evidence.
(d) That Cal had not told Harry everything he knew.
12. Harry examines Porter's unsolved cases and discovers an odd coincidence. What is it?
(a) Porter was investigating the Cal Moore suicide.
(b) Harry was a suspect in one of the cases Porter had been investigating.
(c) One of the victims was Harry's mom.
(d) One of the murders happened at a diner frequented by Cal Moore.
13. Upon viewing the body of Cal Moore, Harry makes an initial judgment about how he was killed. What is it that he thinks happened?
(a) Gas leak.
(c) An earthquake.
14. In Chapter 10, Bosch makes a mysterious phone call and reveals what he just learned about the autopsy results. Who is it most likely that he calls?
(a) A journalist.
(b) The police chief.
(c) Moore's killer.
(d) Harry's attorney.
15. It's Cal Moore who first tells Harry about Black Ice. What is Ice?
(a) A rare and valuable flower.
(b) The name of a gang.
(c) A slippery substance that causes accidents on freeways.
(d) A drug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Assistant Chief Irving want to cover up the possible murder of Moore?
2. Why was Harry demoted from the elite Robbery Homicide Division?
3. Why do the other bar patrons eventually leave?
4. Harry Bosch enters the crime scene with a handkerchief over his mouth. Why?
5. After talking to Kerwin, what does Harry decide to do in Chapter 16?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)