1. What attracts Harry Bosch's attention on the police scanner as the book opens?
2. Why is Harry upset in the first chapter?
3. In the first chapter, Harry is thinking about an animal he is attempting to feed and has named "Timido." What kind of animal is it?
4. What holiday is going on as Harry starts his case?
5. The victim of the crime Harry is investigating is a former colleague of his. His life began to disintegrate when:
6. Harry finds Hollywood depressing. Why?
This section contains 7,448 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)