|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they meet up on stage in this novel the first time, what does Moore's wife accuse Harry of?
(a) Not caring enough about the murder.
(b) Quitting from her late husand's investigatory team.
(c) Taking bribes to avoid finding answers in the case.
(d) Allowing TV reporters to tell her of her husband's death so Harry won't have to.
2. Pounds asks Harry to solve a case by New Year's Day to improve the Department's statistics. Why does this offend Harry?
(a) Harry thinks Pounds has a hidden agenda.
(b) Harry does not think murder investigations should be solved hastily.
(c) Harry is convinced that Pounds is not a good boss.
(d) He thinks Pounds is more concerned with numbers than people.
3. What does Harry do for Kerwin in Chapter 15?
(a) Rents him a motel room.
(b) Gives him bail money.
(c) He sends him to a GED program to finish high school.
(d) He drug tests him.
4. After Moore dies, what task does Bosch agree to help with in his murder investigation?
(a) Talking to the neighbors about what they may have heard.
(b) He notifies Moore's wife of his death.
(c) Performing an autopsy.
(d) Fingerprinting the crime scene.
5. What does Harry say to Porter when he finds him?
(a) He accuses him of being involved in a conspiracy.
(b) He asks him why he left the job.
(c) He asks what happened to Cal Moore.
(d) Nothing, Porter is not there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corvo think so many are loyal to Zorrilo?
2. In Chapter 30, who does Harry pledge to chase?
3. Why do Irving and so many others not trust Harry, despite the fact that he is a dedicated detective?
4. Ramos allows Aguila to stay but what does he tell Harry Aguila he cannot have?
5. Harry's Lieutenant is called "Pounds." While speaking to Harry, he chokes on an aspirin. Why?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)