|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry think that Corvo--the DEA agent from L.A.--is acting so lively in Chapter 28?
(a) Because he is afraid that he will get caught.
(b) He is excited to be doing field work.
(c) Because he has just killed someone.
(d) Because he is on drugs.
2. What are DEA agents planning to do to Zorrillo's ranch?
(a) Raid it to search for drugs and illegal activity.
(b) Take over the drug operation and begin sales to the US.
(c) Burn it down.
(d) Arrest everyone on it they can find.
3. Why does Harry learn that Aguila was called a derogatory name at the police headquarters?
(a) Because he is Jewish.
(b) Because he is a bad cop.
(c) Because he is gay.
(d) Because he is Chinese.
4. Why is Teresa angry at Harry in Chapter 14?
(a) Because she wants to date him more seriously.
(b) Because he shared the information she gave him about Cal Moore's autopsy with the press.
(c) She thinks Harry is not doing a good job with the investigation.
(d) Because she thinks he does not want her to become the ME.
5. Why would Assistant Chief Irving want to cover up the possible murder of Moore?
(a) If Moore's death was ruled a murder, Irving could be implicated.
(b) If Moore was involved in any corrupt activities that led to his death, it could bring shame upon the police department.
(c) An high unsolved murder rate would be bad for the department's statistics.
(d) If Moore's death was ruled a suicide, his wife might not be allowed to collect his life insurance benefits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Irving and so many others not trust Harry, despite the fact that he is a dedicated detective?
2. What does Harry tell Rickard that he does not believe in Chapter 15?
3. The victim of the crime Harry is investigating is a former colleague of his. His life began to disintegrate when:
4. In Chapter 22, Harry asks why Agulia bothered to send a message to the US Consul notifying them that Guitierrez-Llosa was missing. What does Agulia say?
5. Harry cannot sleep because of the developing case. How does this make him feel?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)