|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Harry thinks that Cal Moore answered a question that many people have. What is it?
(a) He determined the meaning of life.
(b) He found out who his mother is.
(c) He found out who he was.
(d) He found out what happens after death.
2. Who does Aguila take Harry to visit?
(a) The US Ambassador to Mexico.
(b) The sheriff of the City of Lost Souls.
(d) Cal Moore's widow.
3. Harry examines Porter's unsolved cases and discovers an odd coincidence. What is it?
(a) Porter was investigating the Cal Moore suicide.
(b) Harry was a suspect in one of the cases Porter had been investigating.
(c) One of the murders happened at a diner frequented by Cal Moore.
(d) One of the victims was Harry's mom.
4. Where does Harry meet with Rickard?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A diner.
(c) Police headquarters.
(d) A rave.
5. Harry's Lieutenant is called "Pounds." While speaking to Harry, he chokes on an aspirin. Why?
(a) He did not use water to swallow his pills.
(b) Harry said something shocking to him
(c) He was surprised by the new evidence Harry presented to him.
(d) The pills went down the "wrong pipe."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Harry suspects that Lieutenant Pounds is not a true devout Christian. Why does Harry think he pretends?
2. Why would Assistant Chief Irving want to cover up the possible murder of Moore?
3. Teresa asks Bosch if he is like Timido, the coyote who lives in his canyon. What traits does she think Harry and Timido share?
4. In Chapter 25, where does Harry ask Aguila to take him to see Zorrillo?
5. There is a mystery revealed about Harry's Lieutenant Pounds in Chapter 16. He often has white powder residue on his pants. What is it from?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)