|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pounds asks Harry to solve a case by New Year's Day to improve the Department's statistics. Why does this offend Harry?
(a) Harry is convinced that Pounds is not a good boss.
(b) Harry thinks Pounds has a hidden agenda.
(c) He thinks Pounds is more concerned with numbers than people.
(d) Harry does not think murder investigations should be solved hastily.
2. The murdered man that Harry called "Juan Doe" is really named Fernal Guitierrez-Llosa. What does Harry learn that Guitierrez-Llosa did for a living?
(a) He was a day laborer.
(b) He was a undercover police officer.
(c) He was a drug mule.
(d) He worked for the Mexican government.
3. It's Cal Moore who first tells Harry about Black Ice. What is Ice?
(a) A rare and valuable flower.
(b) A slippery substance that causes accidents on freeways.
(c) A drug.
(d) The name of a gang.
4. What favor does Cal Moore ask Porter for?
(a) To pick up his wife from the airport.
(b) To transport drugs to Mexico.
(c) To delay identifying the body of the Juan Doe who was found in the alley.
(d) To fix a parking ticket.
5. Harry notified Moore's wife--Sylvia--of the death. She calls later to thank him. What does Harry conclude at the end of that call?
(a) That there is a connection between him and Sylvia.
(b) That Sylvia was the most likely person to have killed Moore.
(c) That Sylvia does not like Harry.
(d) That Sylvia caused Moore to committ suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving for Mexico in Chapter 19, what does Harry hide in the trunk of his car?
2. What does Harry spend most of his time thinking about on his drive to Calexico?
3. What holiday is going on as Harry starts his case?
4. In Chapter 16, why does Harry think Lieutenant Pounds wants him to avoid connecting the death of Kapps and Guitierrez-Llosa with Cal Moore?
5. Who does Harry call before leaving for Mexico in Chapter 16?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)