|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the clientele like at Poe's, the bar where Harry finally finds Porter?
(a) Executives, cops, writers, and priests.
(b) Trash collectors, dock workers, and newspaper delivery people.
(c) Hipsters and yuppies.
(d) Drug dealers and sex workers.
2. Why is Harry angry at Porter when he sees him in Chapter 12?
(a) Harry realizes that Porter has been receiving payoffs from the owners of bottle clubs.
(b) Harry finds out that Porter has not been able to close any of the cases he has ever been assigned.
(c) Harry realizes that Porter left the force because of his case and has been holding back information from Harry.
(d) Harry learns that Porter has a mistress and has been stealing to help support her.
3. Why does Harry think homicides more difficult to solve in Hollywood?
(a) Drug dealers are very influential.
(b) Movie stars are more vicious.
(c) Less of the victims know their killers before death.
(d) There are more serial killers.
4. What does Moore's wife hint might have been reason her husband committed suicide?
(a) Drug and alcohol addiction.
(b) The threat of suspension from his job.
(c) A worry that he could no longer solve murder cases.
(d) The sense of abandonment he felt when his father left him to live in Calexico.
5. Where does Harry find Porter?
(a) The movie studios.
(b) Downtown bar.
(c) The squad room.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter, Harry is thinking about an animal he is attempting to feed and has named "Timido." What kind of animal is it?
2. Where does Harry look when he returns to his search for Porter in Chapter 12?
3. What cases does Harry decide to focus on first?
4. What does Harry realize about Rickard as they process the arrest of the young drug dealer?
5. Harry's Lieutenant is called "Pounds." While speaking to Harry, he chokes on an aspirin. Why?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)