|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethical concern does Harry have in reading the file Moore left for him?
(a) Moore's notes were meant to be confidential.
(b) Harry is concerned about witness safety.
(c) He realizes that the Robbery-Homicide division should see it too.
(d) Attorney-client privilege might be jeopardized.
2. Pounds asks Harry to visit his office for a reason in Chapter 5. What is it?
(a) To get Harry to solve a murder by the end of New Year's Eve.
(b) To promote him.
(c) To find out more about the Moore case.
(d) To ask him for his resignation.
3. What does Moore's wife hint might have been reason her husband committed suicide?
(a) Drug and alcohol addiction.
(b) A worry that he could no longer solve murder cases.
(c) The threat of suspension from his job.
(d) The sense of abandonment he felt when his father left him to live in Calexico.
4. What cases does Harry decide to focus on first?
(a) The ones with multiple victims.
(b) The ones involving important people, like the murdered priest.
(c) The most recent.
(d) The ones where children were harmed.
5. In the first chapter, Harry is thinking about an animal he is attempting to feed and has named "Timido." What kind of animal is it?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A chicken.
(c) His dog.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon viewing the body of Cal Moore, Harry makes an initial judgment about how he was killed. What is it that he thinks happened?
2. It's Cal Moore who first tells Harry about Black Ice. What is Ice?
3. Harry examines Porter's unsolved cases and discovers an odd coincidence. What is it?
4. During his conversation in Chapter 5 with Pounds, Harry takes his "full measure." What is it that he realizes?
5. What does Harry think makes a case more difficult to solve?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)