|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moore's wife hint might have been reason her husband committed suicide?
(a) The sense of abandonment he felt when his father left him to live in Calexico.
(b) The threat of suspension from his job.
(c) A worry that he could no longer solve murder cases.
(d) Drug and alcohol addiction.
2. What advice does Moore ask Bosch for before his death?
(a) What kind of car he should buy.
(b) How to resolve an argument with his partner.
(c) How to deal with an Internal Affairs investigation.
(d) How to handle a divorce.
3. Upon viewing the body of Cal Moore, Harry makes an initial judgment about how he was killed. What is it that he thinks happened?
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Gas leak.
4. As Harry begins to review all of Porter's case, what does he decide to do?
(a) Get Porter to come back to work and solve his own cases.
(b) Separate out the cases he thinks he can solve quickly from those that will take time.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Take a dinner break and come back to the cases later.
5. Harry is asked to meet with his Lieutenant in his office. What is the nickname for his office?
(a) The hot box.
(b) The bread box.
(c) The glass box.
(d) The loafing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is going on as Harry starts his case?
2. What does Harry think makes a case more difficult to solve?
3. Pounds asks Harry to solve a case by New Year's Day to improve the Department's statistics. Why does this offend Harry?
4. In Chapter 4, Harry thinks that Cal Moore answered a question that many people have. What is it?
5. Harry Bosch enters the crime scene with a handkerchief over his mouth. Why?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)