|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harry not scared by what Irving says in Chapter 24?
(a) He thinks at most he'll draw a suspension.
(b) He think Irving's boss will overrule him.
(c) He has protection from the police union.
(d) He thinks Irving is a crooked cop.
2. What problem does Harry identify in Chapter 28 that every cop in California runs into?
(a) Mexico refuses to extradite its citizens.
(b) A concern about corruption.
(c) A limited number of hours to work before a wall is reached.
(d) A concern that the death penalty will be enacted.
3. What do Bosch and Rickard decide to do with the young drug dealer after he is arrested?
(a) Let him go.
(b) Charge him with drug possession.
(c) Interrogate him.
(d) Hold him for a long period of time to make it more likely he'll be willing to talk.
4. What does Moore's wife hint might have been reason her husband committed suicide?
(a) The threat of suspension from his job.
(b) A worry that he could no longer solve murder cases.
(c) Drug and alcohol addiction.
(d) The sense of abandonment he felt when his father left him to live in Calexico.
5. Why does Ely say he would be unable to determine if Guitierrez-Llosa worked for EnviroBreed?
(a) Because day laborers are not on the books.
(b) Because Guitierrez-Llosa was an immigrant.
(c) Because he has nothing to do with employment.
(d) Because he never heard of Guitierrez-Llosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry harms Porter in the course of their conversation. What does he do?
2. Where does Harry find Porter?
3. What is Mr. Monz's role in investigating the death of Guitierrez-Llosa, the Juan Doe Harry found in the alley?
4. Who does Aguila take Harry to visit?
5. What is the reaction of the head man in charge at EnviroBreed to Harry's visit?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)