|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry examines Porter's unsolved cases and discovers an odd coincidence. What is it?
(a) One of the murders happened at a diner frequented by Cal Moore.
(b) Harry was a suspect in one of the cases Porter had been investigating.
(c) One of the victims was Harry's mom.
(d) Porter was investigating the Cal Moore suicide.
2. Harry's meeting with Teresa Corazon is intended to give him more information about the Juan Doe who was found dead in the alley behind the diner. What does Harry find out?
(a) He was killed with a wooden stick.
(b) He was killed with a wooden stick and his body was dumped in the alley after death.
(c) His body was dumped in the alley after death.
(d) He was killed by Cal Moore.
3. Teresa asks Bosch if he is like Timido, the coyote who lives in his canyon. What traits does she think Harry and Timido share?
(a) They both hunt prey.
(b) They both prefer the night to the day.
(c) They are both wild and feral.
(d) They are both alone in a dark world.
4. Harry is asked to meet with his Lieutenant in his office. What is the nickname for his office?
(a) The loafing room.
(b) The bread box.
(c) The glass box.
(d) The hot box.
5. What holiday is going on as Harry starts his case?
(d) New Year's Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pounds asks Harry to solve a case by New Year's Day to improve the Department's statistics. Why does this offend Harry?
2. Why does Harry think homicides more difficult to solve in Hollywood?
3. Why would Assistant Chief Irving want to cover up the possible murder of Moore?
4. Why is Harry upset in the first chapter?
5. Teresa also finds fruit fly larvae in Juan Doe's stomach. What does she conclude about their presence?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)