|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Harry begins to review all of Porter's case, what does he decide to do?
(a) Separate out the cases he thinks he can solve quickly from those that will take time.
(b) Get Porter to come back to work and solve his own cases.
(c) Take a dinner break and come back to the cases later.
(d) Quit his job.
2. Why is Harry more worried about spending New Year's Eve alone than Christmas?
(a) Because it is a night for jazz.
(b) Because New Year's Eve is more fun.
(c) Because he wants someone to kiss at midnight.
(d) Because he does not like Christmas.
3. Teresa asks Bosch if he is like Timido, the coyote who lives in his canyon. What traits does she think Harry and Timido share?
(a) They both prefer the night to the day.
(b) They are both wild and feral.
(c) They are both alone in a dark world.
(d) They both hunt prey.
4. Harry spoke with Cal Moore before his death about a case. What does he discover after Moore's death from his colleagues?
(a) That Cal had planted evidence.
(b) That Cal had not told Harry everything he knew.
(c) That Cal wanted to leave his wife.
(d) That Cal had planned to quit the police force.
5. Harry learns what "black ice" is from Cal Moore. What it?
(a) A drug made of PCP, heroin, and cocaine.
(b) A slippery substance used by criminals in car chases.
(c) A special ice used by coroners made into a drug.
(d) The name of a drink at Moore's favorite bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to get the information he wants from Teresa about Cal Moore?
2. What does Parker Center--the L.A. Police Department's headquarters--symbolize to Harry in Chapter 8?
3. Why is Harry upset in the first chapter?
4. What does Harry do to surprise Teresa at his house?
5. What does Moore's wife hint might have been reason her husband committed suicide?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)