• Harry Bosch, a detective with the LAPD, becomes involved in the case of a murdered cop when two of his own cases appear to overlap the cop's case.
• Harry is warned several times to back off, but Harry follows the evidence and his instincts without concern to the toes he might step on.
• Harry is listening into the dispatcher on Christmas night. A call comes in in his jurisdiction, but he is not dispatched.
• Harry calls the station to find out why he was not called.
• The body is that of Calexico Moore, a cop who has been missing for a week.
• Harry goes to the crime scene but is asked to leave when Deputy Chief Irving arrives.
• Harry manages to see the suicide note, which contains only one line.
• Irving asks Harry to go tell Moore's estranged wife. When Harry arrives, he sees a television...
This section contains 1,941 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)