Part 1, Pages 1-39
1. Where is the young graffiti artist working as the novel opens?
(a) In a forest.
(b) Near a reservoir.
(c) In a garage.
(d) Under a bridge.
2. What makes the graffiti artist hide in the bushes?
(a) He sees a large animal.
(b) A policeman spots his graffiti work.
(c) He thinks he is going to get caught drawing the graffiti.
(d) He hears a truck approaching along the access road.
3. For whom does Detective Bosch work?
(a) Boston Police Department.
(b) Los Angeles Police Department.
(c) Chicago Police Department.
(d) New York Police Department.
4. What news about a dead body awakens detective Bosch a few hours after the graffiti artist hides?
(a) One has been found at Mulholland Dam.
(b) One has been left near the hospital.
(c) Skeletal remains have been found near a river.
(d) One has has been found behind the police station.
5. When detective Bosch arrives at the crime scene, what does he have to do to confirm the death?
(a) Looks through the bushes for evidence.
(b) Walks along the dam to search for clues.
(c) Searches for evidence near the reservoir.
(d) Crawls inside the pipe to see the body.
This section contains 6,825 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)