Part 1, Pages 1-39
• In the middle of the night, a young man is apply graffiti near a reservoir.
• When he suddenly hears the sound of a truck, he hides in the bushes.
• Several hours later, a detective for the Los Angeles Police Department receives a call informing him that a body has been found inside a pipe at the Mulholland Dam.
• The body is found 30 feet inside the pipe.
• Bosch examines the body and notices that there are no scratches on it, but sees that there is a fresh needle mark and a tattoo.
• Bosch recognizes the tattoo as one of a Vietnam tunnel rat, and tells his partner, Edgar, to look up the file of a man named William Meadows, born around 1950.
• Bosch says that he knows Meadows from being with him in Saigon.
• Bosch examines the graffiti and goes to Meadows's apartment, where the landlady explains...
This section contains 2,130 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)