1. What function does the first chapter serve?
2. Whose consciousness is Black Atlantic focused on?
3. What criticism does Gilroy make of modern racial and ethnic concepts?
They are too homogenous.
4. What does Gilroy say modern racial concepts do too much of?
Obscure racial realities.
5. What does Gilroy say about the realities of black experiences on both sides of the Atlantic?
They do not fit into neat categories.
6. How does Gilroy say we should look at the history of race in the West?
As a conjunction of races.
This section contains 4,832 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)