|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Cheer the Weary Traveller, W.E.B. Du Bois, Germany and the Politics of (Dis)placement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What function does the first chapter serve?
(a) Historical perspective.
(b) Anecdotal introduction.
(c) Humorous analogy.
(d) Conceptual background.
2. How does Gilroy characterize the notion of racial purity?
(d) Clearly absurd.
3. How does Gilroy characterize the exceptionalist camp in black artistic circles?
4. What does Gilroy say black diaspora styles of music typically emphasize?
5. What kind of political community does Gilroy say results from black musical society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relation did Martin Robison Delany foresee between English capital, black American intellect and African labor?
2. How does Gilroy characterize the residual feelings from slavery?
3. What does Gilroy say is the core of Afro-Atlantic culture?
4. What feeling did DuBois see in the culture of diaspora blacks?
5. How does Gilroy characterize the pluralistic camp in black artistic circles?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)