|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though he does not feel hungry, Jiya's body is _________________ for some food.
2. How does Setsu feel about Jiya living with her family?
3. What encircles the fields on the mountain?
(a) Stone walls.
(b) Brick walls.
(c) Chain fences.
4. With what task does Jiya sometimes help his father?
(c) Harvesting rice.
(d) Making nets.
5. Kino's father agrees with Jiya in that _____________ would be good for Jiya right now.
6. Who is the first to speak to Jiya when he awakens?
(c) Kino's father.
(d) Kino's mother.
7. What food does Kino's mother prepare for him because he is cold?
(c) Hot chocolate.
8. Who is the most excited that Jiya will be joining the family?
(d) Kino's father.
9. Where does Kino's father place Jiya after he faints?
(a) On a mattress.
(b) On the sand.
(c) On a chair.
(d) On a futon.
10. What would Jiya prefer to do after the family eats?
(c) Play the violin.
11. What food is Jiya able to eat?
12. What does Jiya do when the family sits at the table to eat?
(a) Falls into his plate of food.
(b) Breaks out crying.
(c) Falls asleep while awake.
(d) Pushes his food around his plate.
13. What will Kino's family do while Jiya is sad?
(a) Chastise Jiya for his behavior.
(b) Let Jiya stay in bed as long as he wants to.
(c) Give Jiya more sweet treats.
(d) Continue to live as they always have.
14. What will Kino's family do while Jiya returns to life again?
(a) Read stories to him.
(b) Leave him alone for awhile.
(c) Urge him to talk.
15. Who wants to spend the night on the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located on a small strip of sand at the base of the mountain?
2. What are Kino and his family doing at the beginning of Section 2?
3. Jiya seems to be too tired to _______________.
4. Jiya cannot, and should not, forget his _______________.
5. What does Kino's father anticipate about Jiya's crying?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)