|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 46-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jiya call Kino to see at the beach one day?
(a) Girls are sunning and swimming.
(b) Two men are building a house.
(c) An octopus has washed up on shore.
(d) Another big wave is coming.
2. Why will many villagers stay at home during the emergency?
(a) To report on the storm.
(b) To protect their boats.
(c) To stay with the children.
(d) To protect their homes.
3. How many times in his life has Kino's father seen the Old Gentleman's flag?
4. What is the theme of THE BIG WAVE?
(a) Love conquers all.
(c) Man's inhumanity to man.
(d) Life is stronger than death.
5. How does Jiya feel at the beginning of Section 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jiya wakes only to _____________ and then goes back to sleep.
2. What does the Old Gentleman tell the men building the house before he leaves?
3. Even though he does not feel hungry, Jiya's body is _________________ for some food.
4. Why does Kino say that they are unfortunate to live in Japan?
5. Where does Kino live?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)