|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: pages 24-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino's father anticipate about Jiya's crying?
(a) It will never end.
(b) It will lessen over time.
(c) It will consume him for a long time.
(d) It will not come for awhile.
2. What is the best thing about an evil storm?
(a) The garden gets lots of water.
(b) They bring people together.
(c) How wonderful life is once they are gone.
(d) The air seems cleaner afterwards.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Jiya will experience in his healing process?
(a) He will want to live.
(b) His body will renew itself.
(c) His mind will begin thinking again.
(d) He will have to be medicated.
4. What do Kino and Jiya search for when they play near the water?
(d) Sea shells.
5. Which of the following does Kino NOT discover about the sea and why Jiya is afraid of it?
(a) It stings his skin.
(b) It is very still.
(c) It is dark.
(d) It is cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Kino glad that his father is a farmer?
2. What is more valuable now than it was before the storm?
3. Why does Kino's father stay up all night one night?
4. How does Setsu feel about Jiya living with her family?
5. Kino's father tells Kino that Jiya is not yet ready to _______________.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)