|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: pages 24-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kino's father think about the calm sea and the shining sun?
(a) It is too soon.
(b) It is wonderful.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It is not right.
2. What does Jiya do when the family sits at the table to eat?
(a) Falls asleep while awake.
(b) Breaks out crying.
(c) Pushes his food around his plate.
(d) Falls into his plate of food.
3. What food is Jiya able to eat?
4. Why is Kino glad that he lives up so high on the mountain?
(a) Sometimes it snows there.
(b) He can see the sea below.
(c) He pretends he is king of the world.
(d) He can almost touch clouds.
5. What is situated at the top of the mountain?
(a) A memorial.
(b) A monastery.
(c) Kino's house.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kino's father says that ______________ makes a man weak.
2. Why does Kino sometimes think Jiya is luckier than he is?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Kino's father will do for Jiya when he awakens?
4. Kino's family will allow Jiya to be _________________.
5. Jiya's family members will live as long as ______________________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)