|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2: pages 24-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of THE BIG WAVE?
(a) Pearl C. Buchmann.
(b) Pearl F. Buckley.
(c) Pearl S. Buck.
(d) Pearl A. Bowen.
2. What color cloth do Kino and his father wave to signal Jiya to come to their house?
3. What will become of the orphaned Jiya after the big wave?
(a) He will go to an orphanage.
(b) He will live with the Old Gentleman.
(c) He will live with relatives.
(d) He will become another son in Kino's family.
4. What is the theme of THE BIG WAVE?
(a) Love conquers all.
(c) Man's inhumanity to man.
(d) Life is stronger than death.
5. Kino's father says that one day, Jiya will ___________________.
(a) Grow into a strong man.
(b) Repay Kino's father.
(c) Begin to feel better.
(d) Move to the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will many villagers stay at home during the emergency?
2. What food does Kino's mother prepare for him because he is cold?
3. What does Jiya think when he awakens and sees Kino's family?
4. What is located on a small strip of sand at the base of the mountain?
5. Kino's father says that ______________ makes a man weak.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)