|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 3-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jiya's father's profession?
2. Why does Kino sometimes think Jiya is luckier than he is?
(a) Jiya's father is a fisherman.
(b) Jiya doesn't have siblings.
(c) Jiya gets money to spend.
(d) Jiya has a bicycle.
3. What does the big wave eradicate?
(a) Some abandoned shacks.
(b) The whole village.
(c) The fishing boats.
(d) All the piers.
4. The way of the good Japanese is to enjoy life and ________________________.
(a) Not fear death.
(c) Help other people.
(d) Forgive other people.
5. What color flag does the Old Gentleman raise as an alert for the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kino's sister?
2. Where does Kino live?
3. What color cloth do Kino and his father wave to signal Jiya to come to their house?
4. Kino's father explains that people are afraid of the sea because it is very big and _______________________.
5. Who is the author of THE BIG WAVE?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)