|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 3-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jiya explains that ________________ knows why the sea gets angry.
(a) Old Gentleman.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) No one.
2. What does Jiya tell Kino when he asks about the houses near the sea?
(a) The sea is our enemy.
(b) The sea is a comfort.
(c) The sea is a monster.
(d) The sea is a gift.
3. What is sometimes hard for Kino about where he lives?
(a) The monsoon season.
(b) The lightning strikes.
(c) The wind storms.
(d) The walk up the mountain.
4. The fields are layered up the mountain like __________________________.
5. Who is Kino's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what task does Jiya sometimes help his father?
2. Why does a bell toll from the Old Gentleman's castle?
3. Why does Kino's father stay up all night one night?
4. What is notable about the houses nearest the sea in the fishing village?
5. The person who owns the island lives in a ___________________ on the mountainside.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)