|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 3-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Kino glad that his father is a farmer?
(a) On days when the sea is heaving.
(b) When they go to the harvest festival.
(c) When they work together in the sun.
(d) When they go to town to sell goods.
2. Who wants to spend the night on the island?
3. What will become of the orphaned Jiya after the big wave?
(a) He will live with relatives.
(b) He will live with the Old Gentleman.
(c) He will become another son in Kino's family.
(d) He will go to an orphanage.
4. What is situated at the top of the mountain?
(a) A monastery.
(b) Kino's house.
(c) A school.
(d) A memorial.
5. Kino's father reminds Kino that the land is also fearsome, recalling the ________________ experienced by the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a bell toll from the Old Gentleman's castle?
2. What is sometimes hard for Kino about where he lives?
3. Why does Kino sometimes think Jiya is luckier than he is?
4. Jiya explains that ________________ knows why the sea gets angry.
5. Which of the following does Kino NOT discover about the sea and why Jiya is afraid of it?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)