|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 3-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jiya explains that ________________ knows why the sea gets angry.
(a) His father.
(b) Old Gentleman.
(c) His mother.
(d) No one.
2. Why will many villagers stay at home during the emergency?
(a) To protect their boats.
(b) To stay with the children.
(c) To report on the storm.
(d) To protect their homes.
3. What will become of the orphaned Jiya after the big wave?
(a) He will live with the Old Gentleman.
(b) He will go to an orphanage.
(c) He will live with relatives.
(d) He will become another son in Kino's family.
4. What does the big wave eradicate?
(a) The fishing boats.
(b) All the piers.
(c) Some abandoned shacks.
(d) The whole village.
5. What color flag does the Old Gentleman raise as an alert for the villagers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kino think there might be an earthquake coming?
2. Who is the author of THE BIG WAVE?
3. Who wants to spend the night on the island?
4. What is notable about the houses nearest the sea in the fishing village?
5. Kino's father sells rice and __________________ at the fishing village.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)