|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 30-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jiya says that only the __________________ live on the island.
(a) Old Gentleman's grandchildren.
(d) Sacred deer.
2. Kino's father sells rice and __________________ at the fishing village.
3. Kino's father tells Kino that Jiya is not yet ready to _______________.
4. Kino's father says that ______________ makes a man weak.
5. What reason does the Old Gentleman give to Jiya for why he selected Jiya to be his son?
(a) Jiya gets good grades in school.
(b) Jiya is the best boy in the village.
(c) Jiya is the best looking boy in the villag.e
(d) Jiya could teach him about fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jiya explains that ________________ knows why the sea gets angry.
2. Why is Kino glad that he lives up so high on the mountain?
3. Kino does not feel like _______________ without Jiya.
4. Why does Kino's father stay up all night one night?
5. What can Kino tell about Jiya when he sees him after Jiya learns about the Old Gentleman's offer?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)