|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conference in Chapter 6, Charlie Ledley found himself being courted by what company and chiefly ignored by most of the other conference attendees?
(a) AIG FP.
(b) Morgan Stanley.
(c) Bear Stearns.
(d) Standard & Poor's.
2. What company fell after Bear Sterns in Chapter 10?
(a) Lehman Brothers.
(b) Chase Bank.
(d) Bank of America.
3. John Gutfreund turned what company from a private partnership into a publicly traded corporation?
(a) Lehman Brothers.
(b) Oppenheimer and Co.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Bear Sterns.
4. Where was Ben Hockett on vacation when he hit the internet and quickly began selling the CDOs in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 6, Eisman realized that the CDO manager sitting next to him was selling CDOs that were synthesized from what?
(d) Other synthesized CDOs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Eisman invited to make a speech to support a quickly flagging Wall Street firm in Chapter 10?
2. When was John Gutfreund born?
3. In his Epilogue, what does the author amount to billion dollar gifts paid for by the American people?
4. At the conference in Chapter 6, Charlie Ledley spoke a man from what company that would eventually do business with Ledley's hedge fund?
5. After the conference in Chapter 6, Eisman and his group began paying close attention to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Steve Eisman buy CDOs from Lippmann in Chapter 7?
2. Who attended the conference described in Chapter 6? Where was it held?
3. What information did Steve Eisman discover about the rating companies in Chapter 7?
4. What eventually led to Morgan Stanley questioning the actions of Howie Hubler?
5. When did Howie Hubler disappear? How much did Morgan Stanley lose from his actions?
6. Who took the hardest hit from the mortgage crisis, according to the author in his conclusion of the book?
7. What impact did the conference have on Cornwall Capital Management in Chapter 7?
8. How much did Mike Burry make from his CDSs in Chapter 9? What was his outcome?
9. What investors did Scion Capital face losing in Chapter 8? Why?
10. What did Morgan Stanley offer Howie Hubler in Chapter 9?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)