|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Steve Eisman learned that the rating companies were working with the same information as who?
(b) The investors.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The government.
2. When did John Gutfreund become managing partner of Salomon Brothers?
3. In Chapter 7, Eisman not only bought the CDOs offered by Lippmann, but he also began to short who?
(a) The Wall Street banks involved in these bonds.
(b) The Federal Reserve.
(c) The SEC.
(d) The London banks involved with the bonds.
4. When was John Gutfreund born?
5. Where did Michael Lewis receive a BA in Art History?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) U.C. Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Meredith Whitney work when she predicted the need for Citigroup to slash their dividends or crash in 2007?
2. What does the SEC refer to?
3. The mortgage boom and bust which is central in The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine took place between what years?
4. FrontPoint Partners is a subsidiary of what company?
5. Who still felt as though he was not receiving the recognition he deserved for his foresight and lucrative investing and decided to quit as a money manager in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Steve Eisman meet at the dinner held by Deutsche Bank in Chapter 6? What did he learn?
2. Why did Mike Burry's reports to investors appear bleak in Chapter 8?
3. What information did Steve Eisman discover about the rating companies in Chapter 7?
4. How much did Mike Burry make from his CDSs in Chapter 9? What was his outcome?
5. For how much did Morgan Stanley settle on the CDOs in Chapter 9?
6. How does the author describe the events at FrontPoint on September 18, 2008?
7. What is a CDS?
8. What conclusion did Steve Eisman reach regarding the CDSs and CDOs in Chapter 7?
9. What role did Ben Hockett play in the success of Cornwall Capital Management?
10. What did Steve Eisman find himself drawn to at the conference in Chapter 6? Why?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)