|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does FINRA stand for?
(a) Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
(b) Fiscal Imaginaton Repression Agency.
(c) Fiscal Investment Recovery Act.
(d) Future Inverstment Reparations Act.
2. Who wrote the book "The Greatest Trade Ever: How John Paulson Bet Against The Markets and Made $20 Billion"?
(a) Jim Smith.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Anderson Cooper.
(d) Gregory Zuckerman.
3. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(a) Wall Street Bigshot.
(b) Spider-Man at The Venetian.
(c) How to Harvest a Migrant Worker.
(d) Accidental Capitalists.
4. Cornwall Capital Management began quickly selling their CDOs in Chapter 9 because they were suddenly concerned with whose ability to pay?
(c) Merrill Lynch's.
(d) Bear Stearns'.
5. When did Scion Capital close business?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first night of the conference in Chapter 6, Steve Eisman was seated next to a man who was a CDO manager for what company?
2. Who asked Howie Hubler for money owed Deutsche Bank on the CDOs purchased from Hubler in Chapter 9?
3. What is the title of Chapter 8?
4. In his Epilogue, what does the author amount to billion dollar gifts paid for by the American people?
5. To what floor did Howie Hubler move after making a unique deal with his company in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did the conference have on Cornwall Capital Management in Chapter 7?
2. What is a CDS?
3. Who courted Charlie Ledley at the conference in Chapter 6? What was Ledley's objective at the conference?
4. Who did Steve Eisman meet at the dinner held by Deutsche Bank in Chapter 6? What did he learn?
5. What eventually led to Morgan Stanley questioning the actions of Howie Hubler?
6. Who took the hardest hit from the mortgage crisis, according to the author in his conclusion of the book?
7. When did Howie Hubler disappear? How much did Morgan Stanley lose from his actions?
8. What did Morgan Stanley offer Howie Hubler in Chapter 9?
9. What information did Steve Eisman discover about the rating companies in Chapter 7?
10. What conclusion did Steve Eisman reach regarding the CDSs and CDOs in Chapter 7?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)