|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Morgan Stanley settle with Deutsche Bank on the CDOs purchased from Hubler in Chapter 9?
(a) $450 milllion.
(b) $350 million.
(c) $600 million.
(d) $750 million.
2. What was the profession of Michael Lewis' mother?
(d) Community activist.
3. The mortgage boom and bust which is central in The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine took place between what years?
4. At what university did Michael Burry study?
(a) Princeton University School of Law.
(b) Harvard University School of Law.
(c) Yale University School of Medicine.
(d) Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
5. The first night of the conference in Chapter 6, Steve Eisman found himself attending a dinner thrown by what company?
(a) Oppenheimer and Co.
(b) Deutsche Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What online database is maintained by the SEC from which investors can access information filed with the agency?
2. John Gutfreund openly blames Michael Lewis for what?
3. Where was the conference for subprime mortgage bond salesmen and buyers in Chapter 6?
4. What is a spectrum of psychological conditions characterized by widespread abnormalities of social interactions and communication, as well as restricted interests and repetitive behavior?
5. What is the title of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much did Mike Burry make from his CDSs in Chapter 9? What was his outcome?
2. What conclusion did Steve Eisman reach regarding the CDSs and CDOs in Chapter 7?
3. How does the author describe the events at FrontPoint on September 18, 2008?
4. What actions from the 1980s does the author describe as leading up to the mortgage crisis in the Epilogue?
5. What did Charlie Ledley and Michael Burry do in the aftermath of the market disaster in Chapter 10?
6. When did Howie Hubler disappear? How much did Morgan Stanley lose from his actions?
7. Why did Mike Burry's reports to investors appear bleak in Chapter 8?
8. What impact did the conference have on Cornwall Capital Management in Chapter 7?
9. What eventually led to Morgan Stanley questioning the actions of Howie Hubler?
10. What would have caused most of the Wall Street banks to fail, according to the author in Chapter 10?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)