|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Twenty-One, Back Home—Bullfights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the famous poem Hughes wrote on the train trip to Mexico?
(a) "Rivers Run Deep."
(b) "The Negro Speaks of Rivers."
(c) "Too Many Rivers To Cross."
(d) "The Negro's Poem."
2. What souvenir did Hughes jump in the bullfighting ring just after the fight to get?
(a) Golden sword handle.
(b) The matador's cape.
(c) The matador's hat.
(d) Golden banderillas.
3. What was the S.S. Malone's only port of call in the Azores?
4. How did Hughes's father feel about Negroes?
(a) He liked them.
(b) He hated them.
(c) He did not care one way or another.
(d) He respected them.
5. Where did Hughes, his mother, and his grandmother go to meet his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Hughes's horse at his father's house?
2. What was Sandy Hook?
3. How did Hughes begin earning his own money while he lived with his father?
4. Where did Langston Hughes want to attend college?
5. Where did Hughes go to live when he was in second grade?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)