|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Twenty-One, Back Home—Bullfights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Langston Hughes born?
(a) Joplin, Mississippi.
(b) Hannibal, Missouri.
(c) Canton, MIssissippi.
(d) Joplin, Missouri.
2. How did the Africans Hughes met respond to his skin color?
(a) They thought he was a Mexican.
(b) They did not consider him a mess boy.
(c) They did not consider him a Negro.
(d) They thought he was an American Indian.
3. How did Hughes obtain a sleeping car in San Antonio on his way to Cleveland?
(a) He pretended to be Mexican.
(b) He paid the conductor extra for the room.
(c) He lied about his age.
(d) He spoke Spanish and was assumed to be Mexican.
4. Where did Hughes go to live when he was in second grade?
(a) With his grandmother in Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) With his grandmother in Lawrence, Kansas.
(c) With his uncle in Brooklyn, New York.
(d) With his aunt in Kansas City, Missouri.
5. Where did Hughes go to see the bullfights in Mexico?
(d) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What canned meat did Frau Schultz and Hughes enjoy that had a label written in Spanish only?
2. Who was the famous bullfighter visiting from Spain when Hughes was in Mexico?
3. What was Hughes's job on the ship across the ocean?
4. How did Hughes begin earning his own money while he lived with his father?
5. How did Hughes think poems were like rainbows?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)