|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
2. What is beside the skeleton Annabeth identifies as a milkman?
3. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
4. Who is waiting in front of the school when Percy and his mom arrive?
5. What is Rachel's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
2. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
3. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
4. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
5. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
6. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
7. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
8. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
9. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
10. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
Essay Topic 2
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Pan? What is Pan's fate? What is his message to Grover and the others?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)