Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel's middle name?
2. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
3. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
4. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
5. What is the one thing Theseus says that helped him survive the Labyrinth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
2. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
3. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
4. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
5. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
6. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
7. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
8. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
9. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
10. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least five of the monsters Percy and the others encounter.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)