|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
2. What does Tyson throw at Kampe while the others are rushing toward the Labyrinth entrance with Briares?
3. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
4. What is Kampe holding when she emerges onto the prison yard in pursuit of Percy and the others?
5. How far do Percy and the others make it into the Labyrinth before they're lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
2. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
3. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
4. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
5. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
6. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
7. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
8. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
9. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
10. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
Essay Topic 2
What is the prophecy that indicates one of the demigods will do something important before his or her sixteenth birthday? Why is it that Percy could be one of these? Who are the other demigods who could be part of the prophecy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least five of the monsters Percy and the others encounter.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)