|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Grover and Tyson say the group should take the tunnel to the left when they have to make a choice?
2. Whom does Percy encounter as soon as he steps out of the school and into the alley?
3. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
4. What color is the t-shirt worn by the girl with frizzy red hair?
5. Who hits Kampe in the chest with a pole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
2. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
3. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
4. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
5. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
6. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
7. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
8. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
9. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
10. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 2
Tyson and Grover don't like each other as the story opens. What happens to change that? Describe how their relationship changes over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)