|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
2. What color is the cow Percy sees through the grate?
3. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
4. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
5. What does Percy bring Blackjack the Pegasus when he visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
2. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
3. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
4. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
5. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
6. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
7. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
8. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
9. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
10. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Pan? What is Pan's fate? What is his message to Grover and the others?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 3
What is an Iris-message? What is the first message Percy receives through this method? What are other messages and visions he has throughout the story?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)