|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
2. How often do the rooster ponies lay eggs?
3. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
4. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
5. What are the two words written on the walls that are covered with graffiti?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Percy say the rest of the summer seems strange? What are some of the things they do?
2. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
3. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
4. Why does Daedalus say he and Braires arrived at the camp together? What is Tyson's reaction?
5. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
6. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
7. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
8. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
9. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
10. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least five of the monsters Percy and the others encounter.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Pan? What is Pan's fate? What is his message to Grover and the others?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)