|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much water is in the three-tiered fountain in the center of a room where Percy and the others stop?
2. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
3. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
4. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
5. Why does Briares say he can't escape even after Tyson breaks the door to his prison cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
2. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
3. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
4. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
5. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
6. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
7. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
8. What does Kampe look like?
9. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
10. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 2
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)