|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king say Icarus and his father look like with their wings attached?
2. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
3. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
4. How much longer do members of the council give Grover to locate Pan?
5. Who tells Percy that Juniper is Grover's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the songs being hummed by the dodo bird?
2. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
3. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
4. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
5. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
6. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
7. What is the brand on Quintus' neck and why does he have it?
8. Why does Percy say the rest of the summer seems strange? What are some of the things they do?
9. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
10. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
Essay Topic 1
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is an Iris-message? What is the first message Percy receives through this method? What are other messages and visions he has throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Percy first meet Rachel Dare in the opening of this book? Describe their interaction during the orientation at the school and the events that send Percy hurrying back to Camp Half-Blood.
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)