|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy say the Athena cabin looks like?
2. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
3. Janus is the god of _________.
4. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
5. What does Hera give the children to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
2. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
3. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
4. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
5. What does Kampe look like?
6. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
7. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
8. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
9. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
10. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
Essay Topic 3
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)