|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Luke's sword?
2. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
3. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
4. Why does Annabeth believe the room made of huge marble blocks must be near Daedalus's workshop?
5. Who is Tyson's partner for the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
2. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
3. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
4. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
5. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
6. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
7. What does Kampe look like?
8. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
9. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
10. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
Essay Topic 2
Tyson and Grover don't like each other as the story opens. What happens to change that? Describe how their relationship changes over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 3
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)