|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Percy that Juniper is Grover's girlfriend?
2. Who is Tyson's partner for the game?
3. In Percy's vision, what is beside Nico's feet in the graveyard?
4. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
5. Who is Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
2. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
3. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
4. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
5. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
6. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
7. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
8. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
9. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
10. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
Essay Topic 2
What is the prophecy that indicates one of the demigods will do something important before his or her sixteenth birthday? Why is it that Percy could be one of these? Who are the other demigods who could be part of the prophecy?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Percy Jackson? Describe his strengths and weaknesses. What is his role in the story?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)