|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
2. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
3. Why does Annabeth recognize that they have ended up in Alcatraz?
4. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
5. What does Percy's mom's boyfriend teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
2. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
3. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
4. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
5. What does Nico say is Daedalus' fate?
6. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
7. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
8. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
9. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
10. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Luke? What is his fate? What is his role in the story? How does Annabeth feel about Luke?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)