|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Percy say Mount Olympus is really located?
2. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
3. What does Tyson throw at Kampe while the others are rushing toward the Labyrinth entrance with Briares?
4. What color is the t-shirt worn by the girl with frizzy red hair?
5. What does Tyson make when he and Percy go to Beckendorf's forge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
2. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
3. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
4. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
5. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
6. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
7. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
8. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
9. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
10. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters of the story are demigods. What is a demigod? List five of the demigods and describe them, including which god is their parent.
Essay Topic 2
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)