|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Malcolm?
2. What is Rachel's middle name?
3. What does Percy throw at Kempe in the final seconds before they rush into the Labyrinth?
4. How long does Annabeth say she's wanted to lead a quest?
5. What does the cheerleader call Percy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
2. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
3. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
4. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
5. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
6. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
7. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
8. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
9. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
10. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
Essay Topic 3
It's noted that some of the gods can "fade away" if others cease to believe in them. What's Tyson's opinion on this point? Do you believe he's right? Support your answer.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)