|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the t-shirt worn by the girl with frizzy red hair?
2. What does Percy believe Paul might do if he knew the truth about Percy?
3. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
4. What does Grover do with the straw he pulls from his backpack as they gather to camp?
5. Who is Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
2. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
3. What does Kampe look like?
4. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
5. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
6. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
7. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
8. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
9. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
10. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annabeth's quest? What is Grover's quest? What is the result of each?
Essay Topic 2
How does Percy first meet Rachel Dare in the opening of this book? Describe their interaction during the orientation at the school and the events that send Percy hurrying back to Camp Half-Blood.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters of the story are demigods. What is a demigod? List five of the demigods and describe them, including which god is their parent.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)