|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Percy's dream, how long does the man say he needs in order to correctly attach the wings?
2. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
3. How many arrows does Lee say were shot into the dragon that tried to attack the camp?
4. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
5. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
2. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
3. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
4. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
5. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
6. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
7. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
8. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
9. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
10. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)