|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nico's father?
2. What is Eurytion's job?
3. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
4. What does Percy say is the last thing he wants to do on his summer break?
5. How does Percy know they are discussing something very serious during the war council called by Chiron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
2. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
3. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
4. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
5. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
6. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
7. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
8. Briefly describe the dream Percy has about an old man, a king, and a boy in Chapter 4.
9. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
10. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Nico? What is Nico trying to do when Percy sees him for the first time in an Iris-message? How does Nico change over the course of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
Essay Topic 3
What is an Iris-message? What is the first message Percy receives through this method? What are other messages and visions he has throughout the story?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)