|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the four-story farmhouse at the camp called?
2. How much longer do members of the council give Grover to locate Pan?
3. Which of the following is NOT written on the mysterious crates in the sword arena?
4. What does Hera give the children to eat?
5. What does Percy realize the two-faced man wants from Annabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Percy suggest in order to keep enemies from using the Labyrinth entrance to attack Camp Half-Blood? Why does Annabeth say it won't work?
2. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
3. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
4. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
5. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
6. What is the threat Grover faces from the council regarding his search for Pan?
7. Describe how the group gets away from Kampe.
8. Who are the people in Percy's dream at the beginning of Chapter 5? Why does the dream come to an end?
9. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
10. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Quintus? How does Percy first meet him? How does Percy find out who Quintus really is? What is Quintus' fate?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters of the story are demigods. What is a demigod? List five of the demigods and describe them, including which god is their parent.
Essay Topic 3
Tyson and Grover don't like each other as the story opens. What happens to change that? Describe how their relationship changes over the course of the story.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)