|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Chiron say the group will enter the Labyrinth?
2. What does Tyson throw at Kampe while the others are rushing toward the Labyrinth entrance with Briares?
3. What are the two words written on the walls that are covered with graffiti?
4. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
5. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
2. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
4. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
5. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
6. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
7. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
8. What does Kampe look like?
9. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
10. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Labyrinth. Who was the creator of the Labyrinth? Why is the Labyrinth a threat to Percy and the others at Camp Half-Blood? What happens to the Labyrinth?
Essay Topic 2
Compare any character from this book to any character from another work of fiction. How are the two similar? How are they different? Which is more likeable? Which is more believable?
Essay Topic 3
What is an Iris-message? What is the first message Percy receives through this method? What are other messages and visions he has throughout the story?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)