|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Percy and the others have for breakfast the night after Percy's dream about Icarus?
2. What are the two tools that have fallen out of the wooden crate in Percy's dream?
3. Who is Nico's father?
4. What time does Chiron say the group will enter the Labyrinth?
5. Where did Percy believe Rachel probably lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
2. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
3. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Percy want to enter the school through a side door and what does he find there?
5. How does the group decide which way to go at the end of chapter six?
6. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
7. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
8. What does Percy reveal to Rachel about himself, how does he explain why she can see things others can't, and what is her reaction?
9. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
10. What happens to confuse the travelers almost as soon as they are in the Labyrinth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an Iris-message? What is the first message Percy receives through this method? What are other messages and visions he has throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this book? Why do you think this theme is important? List at least two examples of this theme.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Annabeth? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Why is it important to Annabeth that she is the one to lead the quest?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)