|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy say the marching band sounds like?
2. What does Hera give the children to eat?
3. Janus is the god of _________.
4. What are the two words written on the walls that are covered with graffiti?
5. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least two of the animals Percy sees on the Triple G Ranch.
2. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
3. What is the prophecy regarding a child of the "Big Three" gods?
4. Whom does Annabeth choose to go with her on her quest? Why is her choice questioned? What does she say to defend her choices?
5. What does Kampe look like?
6. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
7. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
8. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
9. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
10. How many campers are there and what has happened to lessen the number of campers at Camp Half-Blood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rachel Dare? What is her role in the story? What does Pan tell her just before he disappears? What does he mean?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Percy Jackson? Describe his strengths and weaknesses. What is his role in the story?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)