|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eurytion's job?
2. Percy compares the sleeping Tyson to ___________.
3. What is Tyson wearing when Percy steps into the cabin they share?
4. Who is Malcolm?
5. What is the name of the ranch where Percy and the others meet Eurytion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Percy and Annabeth initially find the entrance to the Labyrinth and what happens when they step into it.
2. What is Nico doing when Percy sees him in the vision in the fountain in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Percy say half-bloods try not to use cell phones?
4. What does Grover say about monsters fading away? What does Tyson argue on that topic?
5. Describe the dream Percy has about Icarus.
6. What are the details Percy discovers about Nico from the first Iris-message Percy receives?
7. Describe Janus and what does he try to make Annabeth do?
8. Who does Hera say can help Annabeth in her quest to find Daedalus? Why does she say this person can help?
9. Who (and what) is Mrs. O'Leary and what is Percy's reaction when he meets her?
10. What are the items Percy packs for the trip into the Labyrinth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Tyson? How is he related to Percy? What is his role in the quests of Annabeth and Grover?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Camp Half-Blood. What guards the entrance? What does Annabeth do upon encountering this creature when she and Percy return to the camp for the first time in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Tyson and Grover don't like each other as the story opens. What happens to change that? Describe how their relationship changes over the course of the story.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)