|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the apron Geryon is wearing when Percy arrives at the ranch house?
(a) Never trust a skinny cook.
(b) Kiss the chef.
(c) It's what's for dinner.
(d) Two choices, take it or leave it.
2. Where is Rachel from?
3. Who is Ethan's mother?
4. What happens to remind Percy he still has the dog whistle?
(a) It grows colder in his pocket.
(b) He has a vision.
(c) Annabeth tells him.
(d) He sees another dog.
5. What does the Sphinx say happens to children who fail the test?
(a) They're sent home.
(b) They're locked in a cell at Alcatraz.
(c) They're held back to repeat the class.
(d) They're eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
2. Where do Percy and the others land?
3. What does the naiad tell Percy to pick up that prompts him to come up with an idea for cleaning up the horse's stables?
4. Who is Annabeth's mother?
5. What does Percy's mom give Percy and Annabeth to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
2. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
3. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
4. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
5. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
6. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
7. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
8. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
9. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
10. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)