|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doe Geryon say the deal he made with Percy isn't binding?
(a) Percy knew he wasn't serious.
(b) Percy is only half god.
(c) He didn't swear on the River Styx.
(d) Percy cheated.
2. What does Percy smell when he's nearing the house where Annabeth and the others are being held?
3. Percy realizes Quintus is really ____________.
(a) A traitor.
(d) A human.
4. What is the first thing Percy sees when he regains consciousness in Chapter 12?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) A white curtain.
(c) Blue sky and trees.
5. Who is Ethan's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
2. What is the payment King Cocalus expects to receive in return for solving Minos' riddle?
3. How long does Eurytion say he's been working for Geryon?
4. What is the pile of wood scraps Percy slips on when they are running down one of the tunnels?
5. Where is Rachel from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
2. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
3. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
4. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
5. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
6. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
7. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
8. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
9. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
10. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)