|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the spider doing when Percy and the others catch up with it in chapter eleven?
(a) Scratching at a window.
(b) Digging under a panel.
(c) Hanging from a rafter.
(d) Banging its head on a metal door.
2. How long does Calypso say Percy has been with her?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) She doesn't know.
3. Who is Annabeth's mother?
4. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
5. Where do Percy, Rachel, and Annabeth go after they meet up?
(a) The Blue Plate.
(b) Java Moose.
(c) Coffee Extravaganze.
(d) Waffle House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Percy say has been sending him Iris-messages?
2. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
3. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
4. What is happening when Annabeth wakes Percy after his dream about Grover and Tyson?
5. What is the name of the driver of the limo who gives Rachel and the others a ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
2. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
3. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
4. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
5. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
6. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
7. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
8. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
9. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
10. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)