|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Percy realizes Quintus is really ____________.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A human.
2. How does the test booklet get on the podium in front of Annabeth?
(a) It falls from the ceiling.
(b) It just appears there.
(c) It rises from the floor.
(d) The Sphinx puts it there.
3. What does the Sphinx say happens to children who fail the test?
(a) They're locked in a cell at Alcatraz.
(b) They're sent home.
(c) They're held back to repeat the class.
(d) They're eaten.
4. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
(a) A hoof of a satyr.
(b) Scales, indicating it was a dragon.
(c) The single eye of a cyclops.
(d) The horn of a unicorn.
5. What is the sound Percy hears when he falls asleep and dreams in Chapter 16?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Clanging of metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Percy smell when he's nearing the house where Annabeth and the others are being held?
2. Where does Rachel say there's an entrance to the Labyrinth?
3. What kind of T-shirt is Rachel wearing when they prepare to enter the Labyrinth?
4. Where does Hephaestus say his favorite forge is located?
5. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
2. Where does Calypso say Ogygia is located and how did Percy arrive there?
3. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
4. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
5. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
6. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
7. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
8. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
9. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
10. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)