|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Eurytion say he's been working for Geryon?
(a) A hundred years.
(b) A few months.
(c) Thousands of years.
(d) A few days.
2. What is the first thing Percy sees when he regains consciousness in Chapter 12?
(b) A white curtain.
(c) Blue sky and trees.
(d) A beautiful young woman.
3. What is the spider doing when Percy and the others catch up with it in chapter eleven?
(a) Hanging from a rafter.
(b) Digging under a panel.
(c) Scratching at a window.
(d) Banging its head on a metal door.
4. How do they get the padlock of the entrance open?
(a) Annabeth smashes it.
(b) Rachel picks it.
(c) Nico has a key.
(d) Percy touches it.
5. What does Percy smell when he's nearing the house where Annabeth and the others are being held?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Hephaestus say is a good time for making decisions?
2. How does the test booklet get on the podium in front of Annabeth?
3. Who, according to this story, is Harriet Tubman's father?
4. What is happening when Annabeth wakes Percy after his dream about Grover and Tyson?
5. Where is Rachel from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
2. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
3. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
4. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
5. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
6. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
7. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
8. Why does the group decide to split up after their visit with Hephaestus? Where are each of them going?
9. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
10. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)