|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
(a) On the side of a wooden barn.
(b) At a park.
(c) At a mining museum.
(d) Under a slide.
2. Who does Percy say has been sending him Iris-messages?
3. What are Rachel's hobbies?
(a) Sculpting and photography.
(b) Sewing and embroidery.
(c) Reading and painting.
(d) Etching and cooking.
4. What does Daedalus throw to Pedrix that causes his death?
(d) Bronze beetle.
5. What does Grover say will happen to him as soon as he goes back to Camp?
(a) He'll be killed.
(b) He'll be a hero.
(c) His searcher's license will be taken away.
(d) He'll marry Juniper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Percy realizes Quintus is really ____________.
2. What is the news Chiron has about Quintus?
3. What reason does Quintus give for having gone to Camp Half-Blood?
4. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
5. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
2. How does Daedalus kill Perdix?
3. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
4. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
5. How does Rachel find the door into the Labyrinth? How does she decide which way to go?
6. What is the argument the naiad gives for not allowing Percy to use her stream to clean the horse stables? What is his reaction?
7. Why does Hephaestus say he was "tossed off Mount Olympus" and who does he say tossed him?
8. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
9. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
10. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)