|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pile of wood scraps Percy slips on when they are running down one of the tunnels?
(b) Broken pencils.
(c) Broken toys.
(d) Twigs from a tree.
2. Where is Rachel from?
3. What's in front of the doorway when the three reach it in Chapter 14?
(a) A book shelf.
(b) Dirty laundry.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pile of leaves.
4. What is Annabeth's reaction to the mechanical spider Eurytion gives her?
(a) She is doubtful it could work.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She hugs him in gratitude.
(d) She screams and drops it.
5. What does Aelia say Daedalus believes about the intelligence of women?
(a) Women are not as smart as men.
(b) Women are impossible to educate.
(c) Women are as smart as men.
(d) Women are smarter than men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hephaestus say his favorite forge is located?
2. What is the sound Percy hears when he falls asleep and dreams in Chapter 16?
3. What color shirt is being worn by the naiad Percy encounters by the river?
4. What is Annabeth saying about Percy when he first arrives at Camp Half-Blood in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Percy arrange to meet Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the skulls that are part of the arena where Percy is going to have to fight.
2. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
3. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
4. List three things Percy learns from the dream he has on the last night at the Triple G Ranch.
5. What does Percy see when he opens the coffin that says "Kronos, Lord of Time"? What is his reaction?
6. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he remains buried deep in the Labyrinth?
7. How does Rachel find another entrance to the Labyrinth?
8. Describe the appearance of the young telekhine. What are they doing when Percy first sees them?
9. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
10. What is the problem Percy encounters when he's trying to kill Geryon? How does he finally over this problem?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)