|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
(a) A huge anvil.
(b) Cauldrons and a huge anvil.
(c) Machines and cauldrons.
(d) Machines, cauldrons, and a huge anvil.
2. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
(a) Scales, indicating it was a dragon.
(b) The single eye of a cyclops.
(c) The horn of a unicorn.
(d) A hoof of a satyr.
3. What is the Sphinx complaining about as Percy and the others run away?
(a) They haven't finished the test.
(b) They broke her desk.
(c) Having to grade tests by hand.
(d) She's hungry.
4. What happens to remind Percy he still has the dog whistle?
(a) He sees another dog.
(b) It grows colder in his pocket.
(c) Annabeth tells him.
(d) He has a vision.
5. What is written on the apron Geryon is wearing when Percy arrives at the ranch house?
(a) It's what's for dinner.
(b) Never trust a skinny cook.
(c) Two choices, take it or leave it.
(d) Kiss the chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Percy and the others land?
2. What is the payment King Cocalus expects to receive in return for solving Minos' riddle?
3. How do they get the padlock of the entrance open?
4. What is the name of the driver of the limo who gives Rachel and the others a ride?
5. How long does Calypso say Percy has been with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is going on in Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrives in Chapter 13?
2. What does Bianca say to Nico when he summons her from the dead?
3. What is the challenge Minos offers in an effort to find Daedalus? How does Daedalus meet that challenge?
4. Why does Daedalus (Quintus) say he won't help Percy and Annabeth defend Camp Half-Blood from the armies of Kronos?
5. What does Percy learn from Chiron about Quintus? Why does he believe there's something more to the story?
6. Why does Calypso say she's tried not to become overly friendly with Percy?
7. Who is Anteus? How does Percy kill him?
8. What is Rachel doing when Percy and Annabeth meet up with her in Times Square? Briefly describe the first few minutes of that first meeting.
9. What is the plan Perdix has that uses mechanics and magic? How does he convince Daedalus it will work?
10. What does Percy say to the flesh-eating horses at the beginning of Chapter 9? What is their reaction?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)