|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
(b) Magic and mechanics.
(d) Water from the fountain of youth.
2. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
(a) Scales, indicating it was a dragon.
(b) The single eye of a cyclops.
(c) A hoof of a satyr.
(d) The horn of a unicorn.
3. In the dream Percy has about Kelli and Luke, what is the job Kelli says she has to do?
(a) Put a stop to world hunger.
(b) Find something to eat.
(c) Bring despair to our eavesdropping enemies.
(d) Kill Annabeth.
4. What does Daedalus carrying when he enters the bath chamber where Minos has been turned into a mummy?
(a) A chest filled with gold.
(b) A sword.
(c) A magic key.
(d) A travel bag.
5. What is the payment King Cocalus expects to receive in return for solving Minos' riddle?
(a) The return of his daughter.
(b) A chest filled with gold.
(c) A magic key.
(d) A bride.
6. Percy realizes Quintus is really ____________.
(b) A traitor.
(d) A human.
7. Where does Hephaestus say his favorite forge is located?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) Mount St. Helens.
8. What does Ethan help the telekhines unwrap?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A box of gold bars.
(c) A compass.
(d) A bag of jewels.
9. What is the spider doing when Percy and the others catch up with it in chapter eleven?
(a) Scratching at a window.
(b) Digging under a panel.
(c) Banging its head on a metal door.
(d) Hanging from a rafter.
10. What does Daedalus throw to Pedrix that causes his death?
(d) Bronze beetle.
11. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
12. What is the pile of wood scraps Percy slips on when they are running down one of the tunnels?
(a) Twigs from a tree.
(c) Broken toys.
(d) Broken pencils.
13. What are Rachel's hobbies?
(a) Etching and cooking.
(b) Sewing and embroidery.
(c) Reading and painting.
(d) Sculpting and photography.
14. What does Ethan say when Percy refuses to kill him?
(a) Thank you.
(b) They'll both be killed.
(c) He owes Percy his life.
(d) He'll kill Percy.
15. What time of day does Hephaestus say is a good time for making decisions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the driver of the limo who gives Rachel and the others a ride?
2. How many riddles does the Sphinx say she's going to ask?
3. How do they get the padlock of the entrance open?
4. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
5. What does the Sphinx say happens to children who fail the test?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)