|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the answer the young telekhines give when asked whom they serve?
(d) No one.
2. What is the name of the glowing flower Calypso is planting?
3. Why doe Geryon say the deal he made with Percy isn't binding?
(a) Percy is only half god.
(b) Percy cheated.
(c) Percy knew he wasn't serious.
(d) He didn't swear on the River Styx.
4. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
(a) Machines, cauldrons, and a huge anvil.
(b) Machines and cauldrons.
(c) A huge anvil.
(d) Cauldrons and a huge anvil.
5. Where does Percy arrange to meet Rachel?
(a) The Twin Towers Memorial.
(b) Times Square.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) Central Park.
6. What is the pile of wood scraps Percy slips on when they are running down one of the tunnels?
(a) Twigs from a tree.
(b) Broken pencils.
(d) Broken toys.
7. How does the test booklet get on the podium in front of Annabeth?
(a) It falls from the ceiling.
(b) It just appears there.
(c) It rises from the floor.
(d) The Sphinx puts it there.
8. What do the flesh-eating horses say when Percy begins causing geysers of salt water to erupt?
(a) We like the poop.
(b) We're going to eat your friends.
(c) Your dad is going to be angry.
(d) Baths are bad.
9. What does Percy smell when he's nearing the house where Annabeth and the others are being held?
10. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
(a) Water from the fountain of youth.
(d) Magic and mechanics.
11. What is coming from the wounds all over Daedalus' body when Percy and the others are about to fly away?
(a) Silver water.
(c) Golden oil.
12. What is happening when Annabeth wakes Percy after his dream about Grover and Tyson?
(a) It's raining.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A flood.
13. What is the sound Percy hears when he falls asleep and dreams in Chapter 16?
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Clanging of metal.
14. Percy realizes Quintus is really ____________.
(a) A traitor.
(b) A human.
15. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
(a) A teardrop.
(b) The letter "M."
(c) A noose.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabeth do just before she becomes invisible and leaves Percy to face the telekhines?
2. What is left when the centaur is killed by the gladiator giant?
3. What does Aelia say Daedalus believes about the intelligence of women?
4. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
5. Where do Percy and the others land?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)