|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
(a) Water from the fountain of youth.
(d) Magic and mechanics.
2. How do they get the padlock of the entrance open?
(a) Annabeth smashes it.
(b) Rachel picks it.
(c) Nico has a key.
(d) Percy touches it.
3. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
4. What does the naiad tell Percy to pick up that prompts him to come up with an idea for cleaning up the horse's stables?
(a) A broom.
(d) A shovel.
5. What is the answer the young telekhines give when asked whom they serve?
(c) No one.
6. What is happening when Annabeth wakes Percy after his dream about Grover and Tyson?
(a) It's raining.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A flood.
(d) It's snowing.
7. What is the news Chiron has about Quintus?
(a) He's been killed.
(b) He's gone.
(c) He's a traitor.
(d) He killed Mrs. O'Leary.
8. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
(a) Machines, cauldrons, and a huge anvil.
(b) Cauldrons and a huge anvil.
(c) Machines and cauldrons.
(d) A huge anvil.
9. How long does Eurytion say he's been working for Geryon?
(a) A hundred years.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few months.
(d) Thousands of years.
10. What does Percy say is the creepiest thing about the arena where he and the others are taken?
11. Where does Percy arrange to meet Rachel?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The Twin Towers Memorial.
(d) Times Square.
12. What is the sound Percy hears when he falls asleep and dreams in Chapter 16?
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Clanging of metal.
13. What time of day does Hephaestus say is a good time for making decisions?
14. What does Ethan help the telekhines unwrap?
(a) A compass.
(b) A bag of jewels.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A box of gold bars.
15. What are the foods Nico pours into the septic tank in an effort to summon Bianca?
(a) Wine and grapes.
(b) Root beer and barbecue.
(c) Iced tea and hamburgers.
(d) Nectar and fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the words written on the side of the septic tank where Nico and the others are planning to do their summons?
2. What happens to remind Percy he still has the dog whistle?
3. What does the Sphinx say happens to children who fail the test?
4. What is Annabeth saying about Percy when he first arrives at Camp Half-Blood in Chapter 13?
5. How long does Calypso say Percy has been with her?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)