|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daedalus carrying when he enters the bath chamber where Minos has been turned into a mummy?
(a) A travel bag.
(b) A sword.
(c) A magic key.
(d) A chest filled with gold.
2. What does Percy say is the creepiest thing about the arena where he and the others are taken?
3. What is the spider doing when Percy and the others catch up with it in chapter eleven?
(a) Digging under a panel.
(b) Hanging from a rafter.
(c) Scratching at a window.
(d) Banging its head on a metal door.
4. What does Perdix say could be the key to making a body that looks human but is better?
(a) Water from the fountain of youth.
(b) Magic and mechanics.
5. Where does Rachel say there's an entrance to the Labyrinth?
(a) On the top floor of the Empire State Building.
(b) In the basement of the Marriott.
(c) At the base of a rock in Central Park.
(d) Under the stairwell of the school.
6. What is Annabeth's reaction to the mechanical spider Eurytion gives her?
(a) She screams and drops it.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She is doubtful it could work.
(d) She hugs him in gratitude.
7. What do the flesh-eating horses say when Percy begins causing geysers of salt water to erupt?
(a) Baths are bad.
(b) We like the poop.
(c) Your dad is going to be angry.
(d) We're going to eat your friends.
8. What are Rachel's hobbies?
(a) Etching and cooking.
(b) Sewing and embroidery.
(c) Sculpting and photography.
(d) Reading and painting.
9. How long does Calypso say Percy has been with her?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) She doesn't know.
10. What is the payment King Cocalus expects to receive in return for solving Minos' riddle?
(a) The return of his daughter.
(b) A chest filled with gold.
(c) A magic key.
(d) A bride.
11. What does Percy's mom give Percy and Annabeth to eat?
(a) Blue chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Pink ice cream.
(c) Green Jell-o.
(d) Orange soda.
12. What reason does Quintus give for having gone to Camp Half-Blood?
(a) To find Annabeth.
(b) To find a way to attack the camp.
(c) To find Percy.
(d) To see if it is worth saving.
13. What is the mark that has branded Quintus a murderer?
(a) The letter "M."
(b) A bird.
(c) A noose.
(d) A teardrop.
14. What is Hephaestus' reaction when Annabeth says they are looking for Daedalus?
(a) His face turns orange.
(b) His beard bursts into flame.
(c) His mouth falls open.
(d) Smoke rolls out of his ears.
15. In Percy's dream, what is chasing Tyson and Grover?
(b) Huge snake.
(c) Group of cheerleaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left when the centaur is killed by the gladiator giant?
2. What is the defining characteristic of the skeleton hanging in the entrance of the Labyrinth where Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel enter?
3. What does Ethan say when Percy refuses to kill him?
4. What is the subject Rachel and Annabeth discuss after they're in the Labyrinth?
5. In the dream Percy has about Kelli and Luke, what is the job Kelli says she has to do?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)