|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the answer the young telekhines give when asked whom they serve?
(b) No one.
2. What is the payment King Cocalus expects to receive in return for solving Minos' riddle?
(a) A chest filled with gold.
(b) A magic key.
(c) A bride.
(d) The return of his daughter.
3. Where does Calypso say the raft will take Percy?
(b) Camp Half-Blood.
(c) Anywhere he desires.
(d) His mother's apartment.
4. What time of day does Hephaestus say is a good time for making decisions?
5. Who does Percy say has been sending him Iris-messages?
6. What is happening when Annabeth wakes Percy after his dream about Grover and Tyson?
(a) A flood.
(b) It's raining.
(c) It's snowing.
(d) An earthquake.
7. What is the pile of wood scraps Percy slips on when they are running down one of the tunnels?
(a) Broken pencils.
(c) Twigs from a tree.
(d) Broken toys.
8. What does Ethan say when Percy refuses to kill him?
(a) Thank you.
(b) They'll both be killed.
(c) He'll kill Percy.
(d) He owes Percy his life.
9. What is on the platform at the center of Hephaestus' forge.
(a) Cauldrons and a huge anvil.
(b) Machines and cauldrons.
(c) Machines, cauldrons, and a huge anvil.
(d) A huge anvil.
10. What happens to remind Percy he still has the dog whistle?
(a) Annabeth tells him.
(b) He sees another dog.
(c) It grows colder in his pocket.
(d) He has a vision.
11. Where do Percy and the others land?
(a) In a swampy yard.
(b) In a vegetable garden.
(c) On a rocky beach.
(d) On the terrace of the visitor center.
12. What does the naiad tell Percy to pick up that prompts him to come up with an idea for cleaning up the horse's stables?
(c) A broom.
(d) A shovel.
13. What's in front of the doorway when the three reach it in Chapter 14?
(a) A painting.
(b) A pile of leaves.
(c) A book shelf.
(d) Dirty laundry.
14. Where is Rachel from?
15. What is the news Chiron has about Quintus?
(a) He's been killed.
(b) He's gone.
(c) He's a traitor.
(d) He killed Mrs. O'Leary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ethan's mother?
2. How many riddles does the Sphinx say she's going to ask?
3. What does Daedalus throw to Pedrix that causes his death?
4. What is written on the apron Geryon is wearing when Percy arrives at the ranch house?
5. What is the name of the glowing flower Calypso is planting?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)