|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the item that guided Theseus out of the maze of the Labyrinth?
(a) Hermes' emerald wand.
(b) Ariadne's string.
(c) Zeus's golden arrow.
(d) Loki's silver compass.
2. Tyson says Kampe is ____________.
(a) A myth.
(b) The keeper of Alcatraz.
(c) Cyclopes' worst nightmare.
(d) An extinct creature of the underworld.
3. Who is Malcolm?
(a) An activities director at the camp.
(b) One of Percy's best friends.
(c) Grover's uncle.
(d) One of Annabeth's half-brothers.
4. What does Percy say the marching band sounds like?
(a) A bag of cats being hit with a baseball bat.
(b) A bunch of trash can lids falling down a flight of stairs.
(c) A three-member orchestra.
(d) A second-rate British band.
5. Why does Briares say he can't escape even after Tyson breaks the door to his prison cell?
(a) He has nowhere to go.
(b) He pledged to remain in the cell.
(c) Kampe will punish him.
(d) He has no legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Quintus say Percy can use the whistle to summon Mrs. O'Leary only once?
2. What does Percy bring Blackjack the Pegasus when he visits?
3. What is the scene created by mosaic tiles in one of the rooms?
4. What is the four-story farmhouse at the camp called?
5. What game does Percy play with Briares as a means of getting him to leave the cell?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)