Objective: Chapters 1-4 Annabeth is granted the right to lead a quest. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the meaning of Annabeth's quest and of quests in general.
1) Class Discussion: Ask students to define the word "quest."
2) Homework: Have students make a list of at least three stories that depend on a quest to drive some part of the action. Students should write a brief synopsis of the quest, the character who leads the quest, and the result.
3) Class Work: Have students outline Annabeth's quest. Make time to compare the analyses.
4) Homework: Have students write an essay explaining why Annabeth is the character who should lead the quest.
Objective: Chapters 1-4 Chris stutters out the answer to a question. The objective of this lesson is to discuss dialogue.
1) Class Discussion: Ask students why the author presents Chris's dialogue as a stuttered word. Help students...
This section contains 4,824 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)