|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was August working after high school?
(a) A nuclear weapons plant.
(b) A biotech plant.
(c) A marine biology lab.
(d) A nuclear power plant.
2. While in the diner, what does Kayla consider doing?
(a) Turning herself in to the authorities.
(b) Calling her grandfather.
(c) Killing herself.
(d) Calling Zekeal.
3. Why does Kayla want to lie down and sleep instead of fleeing the hospital?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She thinks it may be better to wait to leave until after dark.
(c) She is still drugged.
(d) She is in pain.
4. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
(a) The waitress recognizes her.
(b) She is badly burned.
(c) The fake tattoo runs.
(d) Someone remarks about the lack of a tattoo.
5. What is Kayla hoping to find behind the building that she comes upon in the woods?
(a) Some clothes on a line so she can change.
(b) A barn to sleep in for a while.
(c) A dumpster.
(d) A garden.
6. What does Mava invite Kayla to do?
(a) Use her cell phone to call Amber.
(b) Help herself to some of their daughter's clothes.
(c) Continue to live in her daughter's apartment.
(d) Go with them to Canada.
7. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A lean-to.
(d) A cave.
8. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
(a) An e-card.
(b) A cell-phone voucher.
(c) A few food-stamp vouchers.
(d) A fake tattoo.
9. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(b) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(c) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(d) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
10. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) The elderly couple pays for it.
(c) The waitress tells her to forget it.
(d) The robotic cashier.
11. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
(a) She twists her ankle.
(b) She hears a gunshot and then Mava is no longer screaming.
(c) The police fire at her.
(d) She hears Mava scream.
12. Who is beckoning to Kayla?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
(a) Throws a dish.
(b) Runs outside.
(c) Grabs a knife.
14. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
(a) They have often hurt others.
(b) They are afraid they'll eat something poisonous out in the wilds.
(c) They have to steal.
(d) They have to kill small animals.
15. Where does Kayla finally fall asleep?
(a) At her home.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the hospital's parking garage.
(d) In the basement of the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Nedra hold with the Tattoo Gen?
2. How does Kayla escape the attention of a police officer in the diner's parking lot?
3. In which direction is the truck traveling?
4. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
5. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)