|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To make her have genetic testing.
(b) To force her to have a tattoo.
(c) To question her about Ashley's death.
(d) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
2. How does Mfumbe earn enough to feed himself?
(a) He grows his own food.
(b) He works at the local gathering place.
(c) He barters with others.
(d) He works a farmer's field.
3. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
(a) How it affects evolution.
(b) How its effects may not be seen for generations.
(c) How it is of dubious morality.
(d) How it enriches the already wealthy.
4. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
(a) That Kayla cannot do anything for them.
(b) That Kayla is young and has a life ahead of her if she escapes.
(c) That Kayla is an angel who must fly for now.
(d) That Kayla is of the light and must be free to fight the dark.
5. What does Mava urge Kayla to do?
(a) Call Mava's daughter.
(c) Call an ambulance.
(d) Set her broken arm and then run.
6. How does August remove his tattoo?
(a) Burning his hand in a campfire.
(b) Laser surgery.
(d) Cutting off his hand.
7. What does Kayla find in the pocket of what she's wearing?
(a) A note.
(b) A picture.
(c) An e-card.
(d) A love poem.
8. How is Tova planning to get through another toll booth?
(a) Going around the booth by driving off-road.
(b) He is not sure yet how to get past the toll booth.
(c) Telling them he is out of credit and will write a check.
(d) Crashing through it.
9. Where does Kayla see Zekeal?
(a) In a vision.
(b) Coming out of a library.
(c) In a police car.
(d) Coming out of a grocery store.
10. About what do Mfumbe's parents say they are happy?
(a) That Mfumbe is not in as much trouble as Kayla.
(b) That Mfumbe has received a very lucrative scholarship offer.
(c) That Mfumbe has found a very good job.
(d) That Mfumbe is Kayla's friend.
11. Where do Mfumbe and Kayla end up?
(a) Near the Adirondacks.
(b) At another resistance group's area.
(c) In another area of the woods.
(d) Back at the cabin.
12. Into what does Tova crash the car?
(a) A barrier.
(b) A tree.
(c) A ditch.
(d) A pond.
13. What does Nedra wish she had taken seriously?
(a) Kayla's despondency.
(b) The efforts of the rebellion to implicate Nedra.
(c) Kayla's supposed threats.
(d) The stand taken by Tattoo Gen.
14. For what does Kayla exchange her hospital gown?
(a) A nurse's uniform.
(b) A bath robe.
(c) A suit she finds in another room.
(d) An orderly's uniform.
15. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is questioning her decision to run.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is ill and has a fever.
(d) She is tired of running.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla wait for before going back to the cabin?
2. How does Katie know Kayla is over seventeen years of age?
3. What does Katie say runs in her family?
4. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
5. What is Mfumbe doing while Kayla searches for him?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)