|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katie say runs in her family?
(c) Mental illness.
2. According to August, who is Eutonah?
(a) Leader of a resistance force.
(b) An Indian chief.
(c) A code word.
(d) Whiteface Mountain.
3. What is the reason for Kayla's actions when comes upon a stream?
(a) She remembers seeing a documentary on doing it
(b) She has no idea.
(c) She wants to get the blood off her so dogs can't smell her.
(d) She needs to cool down.
4. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A newspaper with her picture.
(c) A gun.
(d) A piece of chicken.
5. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
(c) Something dead.
(d) Stagnant water.
6. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To force her to have a tattoo.
(b) To make her have genetic testing.
(c) To question her about Ashley's death.
(d) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
7. Why does the other patient in Kayla's hospital room fall to the floor?
(a) The woman stands up too fast.
(b) The woman trips over a cart a nurse left in the room.
(c) She does not fall; she is pushed to the floor.
(d) The woman begins having convulsions.
8. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
(a) Runs outside.
(b) Throws a dish.
(d) Grabs a knife.
9. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
(b) They are not sure yet.
10. Into what does Tova crash the car?
(a) A pond.
(b) A barrier.
(c) A tree.
(d) A ditch.
11. Why is Kayla hesitant about taking Mava's suggestion?
(a) Kayla does not want to desert Tova and Mava.
(b) Kayla is in a lot of pain.
(c) Kayla is afraid of bringing the police down on Tova and Mava's daughter.
(d) Kayla does not know if she cares anymore.
12. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla?
(a) Why he decided to leave home.
(b) The police have been there twice already looking for her.
(c) He is the leader of a group of people who refuse tattoos.
(d) His parents are going to join him.
13. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
(a) How it affects evolution.
(b) How it enriches the already wealthy.
(c) How its effects may not be seen for generations.
(d) How it is of dubious morality.
14. How does Kayla escape the attention of a police officer in the diner's parking lot?
(a) She crawls under the building.
(b) She gets in someone's car and hides in the back seat.
(c) She crawls under a car.
(d) She hides in the dark doorway of a deserted shop next door.
15. What happens as Mfumbe is being arrested?
(a) He is knocked unconscious by a zealous cop.
(b) He hits a cop in his effort to escape.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He helps Kayla get away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
2. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
3. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
4. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla in a vision?
5. What does Kayla realize may be futile?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)