|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla do when she comes to a stream?
(a) Follows it.
(b) Crosses it.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Drinks some of the water even though it has not been boiled.
2. Why do they finally get off the truck?
(a) The driver forces them off.
(b) The truck turns north.
(c) The truck turns east.
(d) They cannot stay concealed in it.
3. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is questioning her decision to run.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is tired of running.
(d) She is ill and has a fever.
4. Who does Kayla see on the trail on her way to Eutonah?
5. Who arrives when Kayla is talking to Zekeal?
(a) No one.
6. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) The police do not trace her computer usage.
(b) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(c) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(d) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
7. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
(a) Looks up Ashley's name on the internet.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Looks up Kayla's name on the internet.
(d) Cooks breakfast.
8. What does Kayla suddenly realize about the woods?
(a) They were in a vision she had years ago.
(b) They are on the Canadian border.
(c) They are filled with Global officers.
(d) They are on fire.
9. What does Mfumbe try to steal that gets him caught?
(a) A small radio.
(b) Cold medicine.
10. What does Nedra say Kayla did?
(a) Caused the crash that killed the Alans.
(b) Attacked Nedra.
(c) Broke the pact several of them had made.
(d) Gave up a scholarship to art college.
11. How does Mfumbe earn enough to feed himself?
(a) He grows his own food.
(b) He barters with others.
(c) He works at the local gathering place.
(d) He works a farmer's field.
12. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
(a) Tova is having a heart attack and Mava is screaming.
(b) Tova falls asleep and runs off the road.
(c) Mava is speaking French to a Canadian Mountie.
(d) Tova crashes through the tollgate.
13. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
(a) The elderly couple pays for it.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) The waitress tells her to forget it.
(d) The robotic cashier.
14. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(b) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(c) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(d) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
15. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla?
(a) The police have been there twice already looking for her.
(b) His parents are going to join him.
(c) He is the leader of a group of people who refuse tattoos.
(d) Why he decided to leave home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kayla is fired upon?
2. According to August, who is Eutonah?
3. What does the old woman whom Kayla encounters do?
4. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
5. What does Kayla suddenly realize?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)