|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
(a) How it affects evolution.
(b) How its effects may not be seen for generations.
(c) How it enriches the already wealthy.
(d) How it is of dubious morality.
2. How does Mfumbe enter the kitchen?
(a) The ceiling crawl space.
(b) The attic ladder.
(c) The crawl space under the cabin.
(d) A hatch in the floor.
3. What is the reason for Kayla's actions when comes upon a stream?
(a) She wants to get the blood off her so dogs can't smell her.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) She remembers seeing a documentary on doing it
(d) She needs to cool down.
4. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is tired of running.
(b) She is questioning her decision to run.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is ill and has a fever.
5. Why is Kayla hesitant about taking Mava's suggestion?
(a) Kayla does not want to desert Tova and Mava.
(b) Kayla is in a lot of pain.
(c) Kayla does not know if she cares anymore.
(d) Kayla is afraid of bringing the police down on Tova and Mava's daughter.
6. How does Katie know Kayla is over seventeen years of age?
(a) From a newspaper article about Kayla.
(b) From seeing her driver's license.
(c) Kayla says so when she is still half drugged.
(d) She's just guessing.
7. Into what does Tova crash the car?
(a) A pond.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A tree.
(d) A barrier.
8. How does Mfumbe earn enough to feed himself?
(a) He works at the local gathering place.
(b) He works a farmer's field.
(c) He grows his own food.
(d) He barters with others.
9. Where does Kayla finally fall asleep?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At her home.
(c) In the basement of the hospital.
(d) In the hospital's parking garage.
10. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
11. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(b) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(c) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(d) The police do not trace her computer usage.
12. What memory from her dream warms Kayla despite her waking feeling chilled?
(a) Her mother's love for her aunt.
(b) Her father holding her.
(c) Zekeal saying he would always help her.
(d) Her mother saying, "I love you."
13. Who is beckoning to Kayla?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
14. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She calls her grandfather.
(b) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(c) She has a vision of Eutonah.
(d) She tries to kill herself.
15. How does August remove his tattoo?
(a) Burning his hand in a campfire.
(b) Laser surgery.
(c) Cutting off his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie say runs in her family?
2. Where does Mfumbe plan to take Kayla?
3. What college had offered Mfumbe a scholarship?
4. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
5. Why do they finally get off the truck?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)