|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was August working after high school?
(a) A nuclear power plant.
(b) A biotech plant.
(c) A nuclear weapons plant.
(d) A marine biology lab.
2. Who are Tova and Mava?
(a) An elderly couple.
(b) Two cops who question people in the diner.
(c) Kayla's aunt and uncle.
(d) Two new members of the rebellion.
3. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
4. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
(a) Laboratory samples.
(c) Chips and soda.
(d) Blood work from new tattoos.
5. What does Nedra wish she had taken seriously?
(a) The stand taken by Tattoo Gen.
(b) Kayla's despondency.
(c) The efforts of the rebellion to implicate Nedra.
(d) Kayla's supposed threats.
6. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is ill and has a fever.
(b) She is questioning her decision to run.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is tired of running.
7. For what does Kayla exchange her hospital gown?
(a) A nurse's uniform.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) A suit she finds in another room.
(d) An orderly's uniform.
8. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
(a) Calls her mother's sister.
(b) Calls Zekeal on her cell.
(c) Calls her grandfather.
(d) Forces herself to stand.
9. According to August, who is Eutonah?
(a) Leader of a resistance force.
(b) A code word.
(c) Whiteface Mountain.
(d) An Indian chief.
10. How does Mfumbe earn enough to feed himself?
(a) He works at the local gathering place.
(b) He works a farmer's field.
(c) He grows his own food.
(d) He barters with others.
11. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She calls her grandfather.
(b) She has a vision of Eutonah.
(c) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(d) She tries to kill herself.
12. What does the old woman whom Kayla encounters do?
(a) Gives Kayla a survival kit.
(b) Slaps Kayla awake.
(c) Checks Kayla's wrist.
(d) Gives Kayla antidote for the poisonous berries Kayla ate.
13. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
(a) The police fire at her.
(b) She hears Mava scream.
(c) She hears a gunshot and then Mava is no longer screaming.
(d) She twists her ankle.
14. What does Mfumbe give Kayla?
(a) Food and a soda.
(b) Some e-credits.
(c) Some cell phone credits.
(d) A few maps.
15. Why does Kayla want to lie down and sleep instead of fleeing the hospital?
(a) She is in pain.
(b) She is still drugged.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She thinks it may be better to wait to leave until after dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie know Kayla is over seventeen years of age?
2. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
3. How old is Kayla in a dream she has after leaving the hospital?
4. Where is Mfumbe caught?
5. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)