|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
(a) Deer Haven, Pennsylvania.
(b) Moose Creek, New Hampshire.
(c) Keene Valley, New York.
(d) Scott's Valley, Arizona.
2. What does Kayla wait for before going back to the cabin?
(a) For the occupants to leave.
(b) For a chance to learn more about the occupants.
(c) For the occupants to fall asleep.
(d) For night to come.
3. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) The President making an announcement.
(b) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
(c) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
(d) A news story about some cloned twins.
4. Where does Mfumbe live?
(a) In a nearby cabin.
(b) In the attic of the cabin where he encounters Kayla.
(c) Where he and Kayla meet.
(d) In a cave near the cabin.
5. What does Kayla do when she comes to a stream?
(a) Takes a bath.
(b) Crosses it.
(c) Follows it.
(d) Drinks some of the water even though it has not been boiled.
6. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(b) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(c) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(d) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
7. Who is beckoning to Kayla?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Kayla find in the pocket of what she's wearing?
(a) A note.
(b) An e-card.
(c) A love poem.
(d) A picture.
9. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An artist.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A singer.
10. Where does Kayla send a message to Amber?
(a) To Amber's cousin's house.
(b) To the Motor Inn.
(c) To a cyber cafe.
(d) To general delivery at the post office.
11. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A lean-to.
(d) A cave.
12. Where does Kayla finally fall asleep?
(a) In the basement of the hospital.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the hospital's parking garage.
(d) At her home.
13. What is Mfumbe doing while Kayla searches for him?
(b) Playing the guitar.
(c) Washing clothes.
(d) Weeding the garden.
14. Where does Eutonah's group live?
(a) In an abandoned ski resort.
(b) In the catacombs under New York City.
(c) Scattered throughout the forest.
(d) In a network of caves.
15. What happens after Kayla becomes conscious after the car wreck?
(a) She talks to Tova about what they should do.
(b) She realizes Tova is dead and Mava badly injured.
(c) She realizes her arm is broken.
(d) She realizes that both Tova and Mava are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Kayla in the middle of the night?
2. What happens as Mfumbe is being arrested?
3. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
4. What does Kayla realize may be futile?
5. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)