|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nedra say Kayla did?
(a) Caused the crash that killed the Alans.
(b) Gave up a scholarship to art college.
(c) Broke the pact several of them had made.
(d) Attacked Nedra.
2. Where does Mfumbe live?
(a) In a nearby cabin.
(b) In the attic of the cabin where he encounters Kayla.
(c) In a cave near the cabin.
(d) Where he and Kayla meet.
3. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(b) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(c) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(d) The police do not trace her computer usage.
4. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
(a) She hears Mava scream.
(b) She twists her ankle.
(c) The police fire at her.
(d) She hears a gunshot and then Mava is no longer screaming.
5. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
(a) Someone remarks about the lack of a tattoo.
(b) The waitress recognizes her.
(c) She is badly burned.
(d) The fake tattoo runs.
6. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
(a) Grabs a knife.
(c) Throws a dish.
(d) Runs outside.
7. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) A news story about some cloned twins.
(b) The President making an announcement.
(c) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
(d) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
8. While in the diner, what does Kayla consider doing?
(a) Calling Zekeal.
(b) Turning herself in to the authorities.
(c) Killing herself.
(d) Calling her grandfather.
9. What happens as Mfumbe is being arrested?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He helps Kayla get away.
(c) He is knocked unconscious by a zealous cop.
(d) He hits a cop in his effort to escape.
10. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A lean-to.
(b) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A cave.
11. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
(b) Laboratory samples.
(c) Blood work from new tattoos.
(d) Chips and soda.
12. According to August, who is Eutonah?
(a) An Indian chief.
(b) A code word.
(c) Whiteface Mountain.
(d) Leader of a resistance force.
13. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
(a) Something dead.
(c) Stagnant water.
14. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
(a) Calls her grandfather.
(b) Calls Zekeal on her cell.
(c) Forces herself to stand.
(d) Calls her mother's sister.
15. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla?
(a) He is the leader of a group of people who refuse tattoos.
(b) The police have been there twice already looking for her.
(c) His parents are going to join him.
(d) Why he decided to leave home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
2. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
3. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
4. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
5. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)