|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Tova planning to get through another tollbooth?
(a) Crashing through it.
(b) Telling them he is out of credit and will write a check.
(c) Going around the booth by driving off-road.
(d) He is not sure yet how to get past the tollbooth.
2. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
(a) Scott's Valley, Arizona.
(b) Moose Creek, New Hampshire.
(c) Deer Haven, Pennsylvania.
(d) Keene Valley, New York.
3. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A tree house.
(b) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
(c) A cave.
(d) A lean-to.
4. Where does Kayla see Zekeal?
(a) In a vision.
(b) Coming out of a grocery store.
(c) In a police car.
(d) Coming out of a library.
5. Why do they finally get off the truck?
(a) The truck turns north.
(b) They cannot stay concealed in it.
(c) The driver forces them off.
(d) The truck turns east.
6. How does August remove his tattoo?
(a) Cutting off his hand.
(b) Burning his hand in a campfire.
(c) Laser surgery.
7. On what does Nedra blame Mfumbe's current legal status?
(a) His parents.
(b) Kayla's influence.
8. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
(a) Kayla would not hurt a mosquito.
(b) Kayla threatened to burn down her house and kill her mother.
(c) Kayla was distraught about her father and said she and her mother were going to follow him.
(d) Kayla threatened to kill Nedra.
9. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
(a) A newspaper with her picture.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A gun.
10. What does Kayla realize may be futile?
(a) Running away.
(b) Trying to convince her aunt to let her stay with her.
(c) Getting the truth from Zekeal.
(d) Trying to convince her grandfather to let her stay with him.
11. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She calls her grandfather.
(b) She tries to kill herself.
(c) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(d) She has a vision of Eutonah.
12. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is tired of running.
(c) She is questioning her decision to run.
(d) She is ill and has a fever.
13. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
(a) Cooks breakfast.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Looks up Kayla's name on the internet.
(d) Looks up Ashley's name on the internet.
14. Who arrives when Kayla is talking to Zekeal?
(a) No one.
15. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) The President making an announcement.
(b) A news story about some cloned twins.
(c) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
(d) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kayla find in the pocket of what she's wearing?
2. Where does Kayla send a message to Amber?
3. What does Katie say runs in her family?
4. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
5. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)