|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mfumbe and Kayla end up?
(a) In another area of the woods.
(b) Near the Adirondacks.
(c) At another resistance group's area.
(d) Back at the cabin.
2. Why does Kayla want to lie down and sleep instead of fleeing the hospital?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is still drugged.
(c) She thinks it may be better to wait to leave until after dark.
(d) She is in pain.
3. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To make her have genetic testing.
(b) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
(c) To question her about Ashley's death.
(d) To force her to have a tattoo.
4. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
(a) Tova falls asleep and runs off the road.
(b) Tova is having a heart attack and Mava is screaming.
(c) Tova crashes through the tollgate.
(d) Mava is speaking French to a Canadian Mountie.
5. What happens after Kayla becomes conscious after the car wreck?
(a) She realizes Tova is dead and Mava badly injured.
(b) She realizes that both Tova and Mava are dead.
(c) She realizes her arm is broken.
(d) She talks to Tova about what they should do.
6. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
(a) The waitress tells her to forget it.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) The robotic cashier.
(d) The elderly couple pays for it.
7. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She has a vision of Eutonah.
(b) She calls her grandfather.
(c) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(d) She tries to kill herself.
8. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
(a) Kayla is an angel who must fly for now.
(b) Kayla cannot do anything for them.
(c) Kayla is of the light and must be free to fight the dark.
(d) Kayla is young and has a life ahead of her if she escapes.
9. What do Mfumbe's parents write to Kayla?
(a) Mfumbe is living on his own now.
(b) Mfumbe is missing.
(c) Mfumbe is dead.
(d) Mfumbe is in jail.
10. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla?
(a) The police have been there twice already looking for her.
(b) Why he decided to leave home.
(c) His parents are going to join him.
(d) He is the leader of a group of people who refuse tattoos.
11. Who are Tova and Mava?
(a) Kayla's aunt and uncle.
(b) Two new members of the rebellion.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) Two cops who question people in the diner.
12. What does Kayla suddenly realize about the woods?
(a) They are on fire.
(b) They are filled with Global officers.
(c) They are on the Canadian border.
(d) They were in a vision she had years ago.
13. Why is Kayla hesitant about taking Mava's suggestion?
(a) Kayla does not want to desert Tova and Mava.
(b) Kayla does not know if she cares anymore.
(c) Kayla is in a lot of pain.
(d) Kayla is afraid of bringing the police down on Tova and Mava's daughter.
14. Why did Katie say she does not have a tattoo?
(a) It means she cannot move to New Zealand when she's saved enough money.
(b) It's the mark of the beast.
(c) It's too much like Big Brother.
(d) Because of her family's medical history.
15. What does Nedra wish she had taken seriously?
(a) The stand taken by Tattoo Gen.
(b) Kayla's despondency.
(c) Kayla's supposed threats.
(d) The efforts of the rebellion to implicate Nedra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was August working after high school?
2. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
3. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
4. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla in a vision?
5. Where does Kayla see Zekeal?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)