|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kayla see Zekeal?
(a) In a vision.
(b) Coming out of a library.
(c) In a police car.
(d) Coming out of a grocery store.
2. What does Mava urge Kayla to do?
(b) Call Mava's daughter.
(c) Set her broken arm and then run.
(d) Call an ambulance.
3. About what do Mfumbe's parents say they are happy?
(a) Mfumbe is not in as much trouble as Kayla.
(b) Mfumbe has found a very good job.
(c) Mfumbe has received a very lucrative scholarship offer.
(d) Mfumbe is Kayla's friend.
4. What does Mfumbe try to steal that gets him caught?
(a) A small radio.
(c) Cold medicine.
5. What memory from her dream warms Kayla despite her waking feeling chilled?
(a) Her mother saying, "I love you."
(b) Her mother's love for her aunt.
(c) Zekeal saying he would always help her.
(d) Her father holding her.
6. What college had offered Mfumbe a scholarship?
7. What happens when Kayla has coffee spilled on her hand?
(a) The waitress recognizes her.
(b) Someone remarks about the lack of a tattoo.
(c) She is badly burned.
(d) The fake tattoo runs.
8. What is Mfumbe doing while Kayla searches for him?
(a) Weeding the garden.
(c) Playing the guitar.
(d) Washing clothes.
9. How does Kayla escape the attention of a police officer in the diner's parking lot?
(a) She crawls under the building.
(b) She gets in someone's car and hides in the back seat.
(c) She crawls under a car.
(d) She hides in the dark doorway of a deserted shop next door.
10. What does Kayla find in the pocket of what she's wearing?
(a) A love poem.
(b) A note.
(c) An e-card.
(d) A picture.
11. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(b) She has a vision of Eutonah.
(c) She calls her grandfather.
(d) She tries to kill herself.
12. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(b) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(c) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(d) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
13. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(b) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(c) The police do not trace her computer usage.
(d) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
14. What do Mfumbe's parents write to Kayla?
(a) Mfumbe is dead.
(b) Mfumbe is in jail.
(c) Mfumbe is living on his own now.
(d) Mfumbe is missing.
15. What is Kayla hoping to find behind the building that she comes upon in the woods?
(a) Some clothes on a line so she can change.
(b) A garden.
(c) A barn to sleep in for a while.
(d) A dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mfumbe caught?
2. How does Katie know Kayla is over seventeen years of age?
3. Where does Kayla finally fall asleep?
4. How old is Kayla in a dream she has after leaving the hospital?
5. What does the old woman whom Kayla encounters do?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)