|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(b) The police do not trace her computer usage.
(c) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
(d) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
2. Where does Eutonah's group live?
(a) In an abandoned ski resort.
(b) Scattered throughout the forest.
(c) In the catacombs under New York City.
(d) In a network of caves.
3. Why did August take a job after school?
(a) He wanted independence.
(b) His parents forced him to do so.
(c) He lost his scholarship.
(d) Both his parents lost their jobs.
4. Where does Kayla see Zekeal?
(a) In a vision.
(b) In a police car.
(c) Coming out of a library.
(d) Coming out of a grocery store.
5. How does Mfumbe enter the kitchen?
(a) The ceiling crawl space.
(b) The attic ladder.
(c) A hatch in the floor.
(d) The crawl space under the cabin.
6. What does Nedra wish she had taken seriously?
(a) Kayla's supposed threats.
(b) The efforts of the rebellion to implicate Nedra.
(c) The stand taken by Tattoo Gen.
(d) Kayla's despondency.
7. What does Mava invite Kayla to do?
(a) Help herself to some of their daughter's clothes.
(b) Go with them to Canada.
(c) Use her cell phone to call Amber.
(d) Continue to live in her daughter's apartment.
8. What does Kayla suddenly realize about the woods?
(a) They are on the Canadian border.
(b) They are on fire.
(c) They were in a vision she had years ago.
(d) They are filled with Global officers.
9. What does Kayla wait for before going back to the cabin?
(a) For a chance to learn more about the occupants.
(b) For the occupants to leave.
(c) For night to come.
(d) For the occupants to fall asleep.
10. About what do Mfumbe's parents say they are happy?
(a) Mfumbe has received a very lucrative scholarship offer.
(b) Mfumbe has found a very good job.
(c) Mfumbe is not in as much trouble as Kayla.
(d) Mfumbe is Kayla's friend.
11. What memory from her dream warms Kayla despite her waking feeling chilled?
(a) Her father holding her.
(b) Her mother saying, "I love you."
(c) Zekeal saying he would always help her.
(d) Her mother's love for her aunt.
12. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) A news story about some cloned twins.
(b) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
(c) The President making an announcement.
(d) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
13. What does Kayla realize may be futile?
(a) Trying to convince her aunt to let her stay with her.
(b) Running away.
(c) Getting the truth from Zekeal.
(d) Trying to convince her grandfather to let her stay with him.
14. What does Katie say runs in her family?
(b) Mental illness.
15. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
(a) A singer.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
2. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
3. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla in a vision?
4. What does Nedra say Kayla did?
5. Why does Kayla want to lie down and sleep instead of fleeing the hospital?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)