|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
(a) A newspaper with her picture.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bottle of wine.
2. What does Kayla see on the television in the cabin?
(a) An interview with Mava's daughter.
(b) An interview with Mava.
(c) A story about how she had caused the crash that killed Tova.
(d) A story about how her mother is not really dead.
3. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To make her have genetic testing.
(b) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
(c) To force her to have a tattoo.
(d) To question her about Ashley's death.
4. What is Kayla hoping to find behind the building that she comes upon in the woods?
(a) A garden.
(b) A barn to sleep in for a while.
(c) Some clothes on a line so she can change.
(d) A dumpster.
5. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
(a) Looks up Ashley's name on the internet.
(b) Looks up Kayla's name on the internet.
(c) Cooks breakfast.
(d) Makes a phone call.
6. How does Mfumbe earn enough to feed himself?
(a) He works a farmer's field.
(b) He works at the local gathering place.
(c) He barters with others.
(d) He grows his own food.
7. According to August, who is Eutonah?
(a) Whiteface Mountain.
(b) A code word.
(c) Leader of a resistance force.
(d) An Indian chief.
8. What position does Nedra hold with the Tattoo Gen?
(b) National spokesperson.
9. Into what does Tova crash the car?
(a) A tree.
(b) A ditch.
(c) A pond.
(d) A barrier.
10. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) A news story about some cloned twins.
(b) The President making an announcement.
(c) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
(d) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
11. How does Kayla escape the attention of a police officer in the diner's parking lot?
(a) She gets in someone's car and hides in the back seat.
(b) She crawls under a car.
(c) She crawls under the building.
(d) She hides in the dark doorway of a deserted shop next door.
12. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
(a) Stagnant water.
(b) Something dead.
13. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
(a) She twists her ankle.
(b) The police fire at her.
(c) She hears Mava scream.
(d) She hears a gunshot and then Mava is no longer screaming.
14. What does Kayla do when she comes to a stream?
(a) Crosses it.
(b) Follows it.
(c) Takes a bath.
(d) Drinks some of the water even though it has not been boiled.
15. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) The police do not trace her computer usage.
(b) Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(c) Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(d) The story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
2. Where does Eutonah's group live?
3. What happens as Mfumbe is being arrested?
4. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla in a vision?
5. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)