|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kayla relieved about as a few days go by?
(a) That Mfumbe finally contacts her.
(b) That Mava and Tova are preparing to leave.
(c) That the police do not trace her computer usage.
(d) That the story about her becomes a brief paragraph in the back pages.
2. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A cave.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
3. How is Tova planning to get through another toll booth?
(a) He is not sure yet how to get past the toll booth.
(b) Crashing through it.
(c) Telling them he is out of credit and will write a check.
(d) Going around the booth by driving off-road.
4. What happens after Kayla becomes conscious after the car wreck?
(a) She realizes Tova is dead and Mava badly injured.
(b) She realizes her arm is broken.
(c) She talks to Tova about what they should do.
(d) She realizes that both Tova and Mava are dead.
5. How old is Kayla in a dream she has after leaving the hospital?
6. What does Mava say when Kayla says she can't leave her?
(a) That Kayla is an angel who must fly for now.
(b) That Kayla is of the light and must be free to fight the dark.
(c) That Kayla is young and has a life ahead of her if she escapes.
(d) That Kayla cannot do anything for them.
7. What does Mava urge Kayla to do?
(a) Set her broken arm and then run.
(b) Call an ambulance.
(d) Call Mava's daughter.
8. Why did August take a job after school?
(a) Both his parents lost their jobs.
(b) His parents forced him to do so.
(c) He wanted independence.
(d) He lost his scholarship.
9. Why does Kayla want to lie down and sleep instead of fleeing the hospital?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She thinks it may be better to wait to leave until after dark.
(c) She is in pain.
(d) She is still drugged.
10. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(b) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(c) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(d) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
11. Why do they finally get off the truck?
(a) The truck turns east.
(b) They cannot stay concealed in it.
(c) The truck turns north..
(d) The driver forces them off.
12. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
(a) A gun.
(b) A newspaper with her picture.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A piece of chicken.
13. Where was August working for a while after high school?
(a) A nuclear power plant.
(b) A biotech plant.
(c) A marine biology lab.
(d) A nuclear weapons plant.
14. What was August told to do by his employers?
(a) Quit school and live at the facility.
(b) Deliberately skew some test results.
(c) Keep a record of anyone who seems suspicious at work.
(d) Lie to investigators.
15. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
(a) Tova is having a heart attack and Mava is screaming.
(b) Mava is speaking French to a Canadian mountie.
(c) Tova falls asleep and runs off the road.
(d) Tova crashes through the toll gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eutonah's group live?
2. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
3. Who is beckoning to Kayla?
4. What happens as Mfumbe is being arrested?
5. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)