|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla find in the pocket of what she's wearing?
(a) An e-card.
(b) A picture.
(c) A love poem.
(d) A note.
2. In which direction is the truck traveling?
3. What do Mfumbe's parents write to Kayla?
(a) That Mfumbe is missing.
(b) That Mfumbe is in jail.
(c) That Mfumbe is dead.
(d) That Mfumbe is living on his own now.
4. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
(a) She hears a gunshot and then Mava is no longer screaming.
(b) The police fire at her.
(c) She twists her ankle.
(d) She hears Mava scream.
5. How is Tova planning to get through another toll booth?
(a) Going around the booth by driving off-road.
(b) Crashing through it.
(c) Telling them he is out of credit and will write a check.
(d) He is not sure yet how to get past the toll booth.
6. What wakes Kayla in the middle of the night?
(a) The sound of a bear growling.
(b) A vision of Eutonah summoning her.
(c) The sound of a coyote howling.
(d) A vision of her mother telling Kayla that Ashley is alive.
7. What does Mfumbe give Kayla?
(a) A few maps.
(b) Some cell phone credits.
(c) Some e-credits.
(d) Food and a soda.
8. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is ill and has a fever.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is questioning her decision to run.
(d) She is tired of running.
9. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A tree house.
(b) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
(c) A lean-to.
(d) A cave.
10. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
(a) Scott's Valley, Arizona.
(b) Keene Valley, New York.
(c) Moose Creek, New Hampshire.
(d) Deer Haven, Pennsylvania.
11. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
12. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(b) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(c) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(d) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
13. What does Kayla see on the television in the cabin?
(a) A story of her and how she had caused the crash that killed Tova.
(b) An interview with Mava.
(c) A story about how her mother is not really dead.
(d) An interview with Mava's daughter.
14. What does Mfumbe try to steal that gets him caught?
(a) Cold medicine.
(c) A small radio.
15. What does Kayla do when she hears a door open?
(a) Grabs a knife.
(b) Throws a dish.
(c) Runs outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mfumbe do the next morning after he and Kayla awaken?
2. What does Katie say runs in her family?
3. Where was August working for a while after high school?
4. Why did August take a job after school?
5. What does Kayla smell when she approaches a cabin in the woods?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)