|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
(a) A lean-to.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A clearing inside a thorn thicket.
(d) A cave.
2. What happens when Kayla is fired upon?
(a) The cops all miss her.
(b) Mava screams and falls to the ground.
(c) Mava pushes the gun out of the cop's hand.
(d) Kayla is hit but can still run.
3. How old is Kayla in a dream she has after leaving the hospital?
4. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To force her to have a tattoo.
(b) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
(c) To question her about Ashley's death.
(d) To make her have genetic testing.
5. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
(a) They are afraid they'll eat something poisonous out in the wilds.
(b) They have to steal.
(c) They have often hurt others.
(d) They have to kill small animals.
6. What does Katie say runs in her family?
(b) Mental illness.
7. What does Mava invite Kayla to do?
(a) Go with them to Canada.
(b) Continue to live in her daughter's apartment.
(c) Use her cell phone to call Amber.
(d) Help herself to some of their daughter's clothes.
8. About what do Mfumbe's parents say they are happy?
(a) Mfumbe is not in as much trouble as Kayla.
(b) Mfumbe has received a very lucrative scholarship offer.
(c) Mfumbe is Kayla's friend.
(d) Mfumbe has found a very good job.
9. What memory from her dream warms Kayla despite her waking feeling chilled?
(a) Her father holding her.
(b) Her mother's love for her aunt.
(c) Zekeal saying he would always help her.
(d) Her mother saying, "I love you."
10. Who does Kayla see on the trail on her way to Eutonah?
11. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
(a) The robotic cashier.
(b) The elderly couple pays for it.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) The waitress tells her to forget it.
12. What was August told to do by his employers?
(a) Keep a record of anyone who seems suspicious at work.
(b) Quit school and live at the facility.
(c) Lie to investigators.
(d) Deliberately skew some test results.
13. What do Mfumbe and Kayla discuss concerning the effects of cloning and genetic coding?
(a) How it affects evolution.
(b) How its effects may not be seen for generations.
(c) How it enriches the already wealthy.
(d) How it is of dubious morality.
14. Where does Mfumbe plan to take Kayla?
(a) To a blackberry thicket.
(b) To the opening of a mineshaft.
(c) To the highway.
(d) To an underground cave.
15. Into what does Tova crash the car?
(a) A barrier.
(b) A tree.
(c) A pond.
(d) A ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her dream, what does Kayla say she wants to be when she grows up?
2. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
3. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
4. What does Mfumbe try to steal that gets him caught?
5. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)