|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla do when she comes to a stream?
(a) Crosses it.
(b) Takes a bath.
(c) Follows it.
(d) Drinks some of the water even though it has not been boiled.
2. What does Katie say runs in her family?
(d) Mental illness.
3. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla in a vision?
(a) He must leave her.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is Eutonah.
4. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
(a) The elderly couple pays for it.
(b) The robotic cashier.
(c) The waitress tells her to forget it.
(d) She doesn't.
5. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
(a) Kayla would not hurt a mosquito.
(b) Kayla threatened to kill Nedra.
(c) Kayla was distraught about her father and said she and her mother were going to follow him.
(d) Kayla threatened to burn down her house and kill her mother.
6. Why is Kayla hesitant about taking Mava's suggestion?
(a) Kayla is afraid of bringing the police down on Tova and Mava's daughter.
(b) Kayla is in a lot of pain.
(c) Kayla does not know if she cares anymore.
(d) Kayla does not want to desert Tova and Mava.
7. What bothers Kayla and Mfumbe about their survival methods?
(a) They have to steal.
(b) They are afraid they'll eat something poisonous out in the wilds.
(c) They have to kill small animals.
(d) They have often hurt others.
8. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She has a vision of Eutonah.
(b) She calls her grandfather.
(c) She tries to kill herself.
(d) She cries and cries and can't stop.
9. While in the diner, what does Kayla consider doing?
(a) Killing herself.
(b) Calling Zekeal.
(c) Turning herself in to the authorities.
(d) Calling her grandfather.
10. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
(b) To force her to have a tattoo.
(c) To make her have genetic testing.
(d) To question her about Ashley's death.
11. On what does Nedra blame Mfumbe's current legal status?
(a) Kayla's influence.
(c) His parents.
12. What is in the truck where Mfumbe and Kayla hide?
(a) Laboratory samples.
(b) Blood work from new tattoos.
(c) Chips and soda.
13. What do Mfumbe's parents write to Kayla?
(a) Mfumbe is missing.
(b) Mfumbe is living on his own now.
(c) Mfumbe is in jail.
(d) Mfumbe is dead.
14. What does Nedra say Kayla did?
(a) Gave up a scholarship to art college.
(b) Broke the pact several of them had made.
(c) Caused the crash that killed the Alans.
(d) Attacked Nedra.
15. Why does Kayla have to force herself to keep moving?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is questioning her decision to run.
(c) She is ill and has a fever.
(d) She is tired of running.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kayla starts to run away from the wreck?
2. How does Mfumbe enter the kitchen?
3. Where is Mfumbe caught?
4. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
5. According to August, who is Eutonah?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)