|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mfumbe tell Kayla?
(a) The police have been there twice already looking for her.
(b) He is the leader of a group of people who refuse tattoos.
(c) Why he decided to leave home.
(d) His parents are going to join him.
2. What happens to Kayla one morning when she wakes up?
(a) She tries to kill herself.
(b) She cries and cries and can't stop.
(c) She calls her grandfather.
(d) She has a vision of Eutonah.
3. What does Nedra say on television about Kayla?
(a) Kayla was distraught about her father and said she and her mother were going to follow him.
(b) Kayla threatened to burn down her house and kill her mother.
(c) Kayla would not hurt a mosquito.
(d) Kayla threatened to kill Nedra.
4. For what does Kayla exchange her hospital gown?
(a) A nurse's uniform.
(b) A suit she finds in another room.
(c) An orderly's uniform.
(d) A bathrobe.
5. Where does Kayla finally fall asleep?
(a) In the basement of the hospital.
(b) In the hospital's parking garage.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At her home.
6. Where are Kayla and Mfumbe after three weeks of traveling?
(a) Scott's Valley, Arizona.
(b) Deer Haven, Pennsylvania.
(c) Moose Creek, New Hampshire.
(d) Keene Valley, New York.
7. What does Kayla do as her hospital roommate is taken away?
(a) Calls her grandfather.
(b) Forces herself to stand.
(c) Calls her mother's sister.
(d) Calls Zekeal on her cell.
8. What do Mfumbe's parents write to Kayla?
(a) Mfumbe is living on his own now.
(b) Mfumbe is dead.
(c) Mfumbe is in jail.
(d) Mfumbe is missing.
9. Why are the authorities searching for Kayla?
(a) To put her in foster care now that she's an orphan.
(b) To make her have genetic testing.
(c) To question her about Ashley's death.
(d) To force her to have a tattoo.
10. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
(a) A few food-stamp vouchers.
(b) An e-card.
(c) A cell-phone voucher.
(d) A fake tattoo.
11. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(b) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(c) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(d) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
12. On what does Nedra blame Mfumbe's current legal status?
(b) Kayla's influence.
(d) His parents.
13. What memory from her dream warms Kayla despite her waking feeling chilled?
(a) Her mother saying, "I love you."
(b) Zekeal saying he would always help her.
(c) Her mother's love for her aunt.
(d) Her father holding her.
14. How does August remove his tattoo?
(a) Burning his hand in a campfire.
(b) Cutting off his hand.
(c) Laser surgery.
15. What does Kayla see on the table inside the cabin?
(a) A gun.
(b) A newspaper with her picture.
(c) A piece of chicken.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kayla spend several days when she becomes very ill while traveling?
2. Where does Tova and Mava's daughter live?
3. Where are Tova and Mava headed?
4. How does Kayla escape the attention of a police officer in the diner's parking lot?
5. What college had offered Mfumbe a scholarship?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)