|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amber have that Kayla does not?
(a) A supportive family.
(b) A bar code tattoo.
(c) Lots of money.
(d) Gorgeous looks.
2. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The accidental injury of her dad.
(b) The acceptance of bribes.
(c) The death of her younger brother.
(d) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
3. What does Gene think of the tattoos?
(a) They are evil.
(b) They are necessary for crowd control.
(c) They are a great convenience.
(d) They are a means of helping people in distress.
4. What does Amber give Kayla at school?
(a) A sympathy card.
(b) An article on the advantages of tattoos.
(c) An article on the evils of tattoos.
(d) An application for a tattoo.
5. What does Kayla decide to do for the rest of the day?
(a) Study in the library.
(b) Work on her applications for college.
(c) Skip school.
(d) Find her brother and talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ashley, what is the cause of Joseph's death?
2. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
3. What does Kayla want to buy for Amber's birthday?
4. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
5. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)