|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(b) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
(c) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(d) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
2. Who uses acid to remove a tattoo?
(c) Ashley before she kills herself.
(d) Tova and Mava.
3. Why does Kayla awaken suddenly from sleeping in the car?
(a) Mava is speaking French to a Canadian Mountie.
(b) Tova is having a heart attack and Mava is screaming.
(c) Tova crashes through the tollgate.
(d) Tova falls asleep and runs off the road.
4. To what does the newspaper article attribute Joseph Reed's death?
(a) Not having gone to a doctor in a number of years.
(b) Depression about being passed over for promotion.
(c) Being drunk and falling in the water.
(d) Breathing poor air in the mines.
5. What does Katie, the truck driver, give Kayla?
(a) A few food-stamp vouchers.
(b) An e-card.
(c) A cell-phone voucher.
(d) A fake tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ashley, what is the cause of Joseph's death?
2. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
3. What is one argument against the tattoo?
4. What did Kayla see next door on the night the person whose death was reported in the newspaper was killed?
5. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)