|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other person does Kayla know who is in the same situation as the person living in the Motor Inn?
(a) Kayla's father.
(b) Kayla's boyfriend's father.
(c) Kayla's mother.
(d) Amber's older brother.
2. What is Gene's job?
(a) Maintenance worker.
(b) Tattoo artist.
(d) Window clerk.
3. What is proposed about persons seeking public assistance?
(a) Their bar code would have to be read each time they came in for their check.
(b) They would be given a free tattoo and genetic check when on public assistance.
(c) They would have to have a bar code to receive assistance.
(d) They could not get assistance if they had enough money for a bar code.
4. What has Amber done concerning Kayla?
(a) Told Kayla they can no longer be friends.
(b) Applied for a bar code tattoo for Kayla.
(c) Told Kayla's parents that Kayla plans to run away.
(d) Told the authorities Kayla is avoiding applying for a bar code.
5. Why are Amber's parents feeling stressed about a planned move?
(a) They don't have enough money for the moving costs.
(b) They want to buy new furnishings but do not have the money.
(c) They are moving into an area that is considered unsafe.
(d) They now have nowhere to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ashley, what happens to the newborns at the hospital where she works?
2. Why does Kayla decide not to have the tattoo?
3. What news does Kayla tell Amber?
4. What is the consequence of Amber's father's defective tattoo?
5. Based on his genetic profile, what was one medical predisposition Kayla's father had?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)