|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kayla do in the stairwell after she leaves the counselor's office?
(a) Calls her mother.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Throws her books.
2. What does Kayla see on the television when she goes into a diner?
(a) A news story about some cloned twins.
(b) A bulletin about the search for Zekeal.
(c) The President making an announcement.
(d) An announcement that Congress has outlawed cloning.
3. In Chapter 5, what is special about a particular morning when Kayla wakes up?
(a) It is the end of the school year.
(b) It is Kayla's seventeenth birthday.
(c) It is when Kayla is supposed to hear from the art institute.
(d) It is the day her father is supposed to get a promotion.
4. What is proposed about persons seeking public assistance?
(a) They could not get assistance if they had enough money for a bar code.
(b) They would have to have a bar code to receive assistance.
(c) They would be given a free tattoo and genetic check when on public assistance.
(d) Their bar code would have to be read each time they came in for their check.
5. What does a doctor tell Mava and Tova about elderly people?
(a) Most of them have refused the tattoo.
(b) Most of them believe the tattoo system is for the good of the nation.
(c) Most elderly people have a number of negative genetic indicators that never developed.
(d) They are sometimes killed to cut down on medical expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David Young resign from his political position?
2. How does Kayla pay for her dinner?
3. What school does Kayla want to attend?
4. What does Kayla realize will happen if she gets a tattoo?
5. While in the diner, what does Kayla consider doing?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)