Chapters 1 - 4
1. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
(b) At tennis practice.
(c) At school.
(d) In her bedroom.
2. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(b) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(c) Her parents have too much money.
(d) Her classes were not advanced.
3. What school does Kayla want to attend?
(a) Architect school.
(b) Art school.
(c) Film school.
(d) Pharmacy school.
4. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In the desert.
(b) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(c) In an art gallery in Paris.
(d) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
5. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The accidental injury of her dad.
(b) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
(c) The death of her younger brother.
(d) The acceptance of bribes.
This section contains 5,310 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)