Chapters 1 - 4
1. Where is Kayla Reed at the beginning of the novel?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) At tennis practice.
(c) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
(d) At school.
2. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(b) Her parents have too much money.
(c) Her art classes are not varied enough.
(d) Her classes were not advanced.
3. What school does Kayla want to attend?
(a) Pharmacy school.
(b) Art school.
(c) Film school.
(d) Architect school.
4. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In an art gallery in Paris.
(c) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(d) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
5. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) The death of her younger brother.
(b) The accidental injury of her dad.
(c) The acceptance of the bar code tattoo.
(d) The acceptance of bribes.
This section contains 5,310 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)