Chapters 1 through 4
1. Where is Kayla Reed at the opening to the novel?
(a) At school.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) Talking with her best friend on the phone.
(d) At tennis practice.
2. Why is Kayla unlikely to qualify for a scholarship?
(a) Her parents have too much money.
(b) Her grades in computer class are too low.
(c) The art classes she has not taken aren't varied enough.
(d) She has not taken a well-rounded schedule of classes.
3. What school does Kayla want to attend?
(a) She is unsure.
(b) An art school.
(c) A film school.
(d) Architect school.
4. In her vision, where does Kayla see herself?
(a) In a crowd of people headed for a large city.
(b) In an art gallery in Paris.
(c) On top of a bare mountain near the coast.
(d) In the desert.
5. What does Kayla think has caused her family life to deteriorate?
(a) Accepting the bar code tattoo.
(b) Her dad's injury in a freak accident.
(c) Accepting bribes from the state.
(d) The death of her younger brother.
This section contains 5,425 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)