Chapters 1 - 4
• Kayla finds out she is unlikely to get a scholarship to an art school because her computer grades are too low.
• Kayla's parents have accepted the bar code. Every student is supposed to get a bar code tattoo when they turn seventeen.
• At school, Kayla tells Amber about not getting a scholarship because of a low grade in computer.
• Kayla skips the rest of school that day and goes to the mall to buy Amber's birthday present.
• When Kayla arrives home,there is a crowd of people around her house. Gene, a neighbor stops her and says there is something wrong with her father.
• The paramedics put her father in the ambulance, barely alive. Her mother tells her the bar code did it to him.
• Her father dies, and the authorities call it suicide.
• Kayla tries to remove the bloodstains from the bathtub and slips...
This section contains 2,394 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)