|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
2. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
3. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
4. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
5. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
Essay Topic 1
List several of Count Olaf's acting troupe followers that the children mention throughout their stay. What is the purpose of these characters remaining nameless? If you had to name the characters what would they be named?
Essay Topic 2
Violet and Klaus both seem to want to protect each other. Which seems to be more of the leader of the children? Explain your answer. Which do you think would be the better leader? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Take a closer look at Justice Strauss.
1) Why did she take to the children so quickly? Why did she offer to come let them live with her?
2) Why did the children not try to tell her about how they were being treated? Would she have believed them?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)