|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Klaus say they will take what they have learned in order to get Olaf in trouble?
2. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
3. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
4. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
5. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Count Olaf seems to have a large following in his acting troupe. Why is he able to command so much loyalty? Why are Justice Strauss, Mr. Poe and seemingly every other adult taken in by his rouse?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the symbol of an eye chosen to be used in Count Olaf's house and on his ankle? What does this image convey to the children? To the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Sunny is an infant and although her presence causes many actions and reactions she doesn't have a very large role in the story.
1) Describe Sunny's personality.
2) How would the story have changed if there had been no Sunny?
3) How would the story have changed if Sunny had been much older?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)