|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
(a) They were all naked
(b) They were all midgets
(c) There were orphans involved in that play as well
(d) They actually killed a person on stage
2. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) The hook-handed man
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) Justice Strauss
3. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Strokes her hair
(b) Holds her chin
(c) Slaps her
(d) Spits on her
4. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
(a) The top of the tree
(b) The children's window
(c) The tower
(d) Justice Strauss' house
5. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
(a) Wooden box
(b) Bird cage
(c) Dog house
(d) Straight jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
2. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
3. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
4. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
5. Klaus says that Count Olaf's plan wouldn't work if he and Violet were what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
2. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
3. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
4. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
5. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
6. What is Count Olaf's response in Chapter 8 when Klaus calls him a terrible man?
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
8. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
9. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
10. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)