|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Strokes her hair
(c) Holds her chin
(d) Spits on her
2. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
(a) The hook-handed man killing him
(b) Sunny dangling from the tower
(c) His parent's death
(d) Violet forced to live with Olaf
3. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
(a) A gag on her mouth
(b) Tape on her mouth
(c) She has been drugged
(d) A bag on her head
4. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
(a) The curtains
(b) Her drawings
(c) Roast Beef
(d) A piece of chalk
5. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
(a) With the hook-handed man
(b) At Justice Strauss' house
(c) His bedroom
(d) The tower
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
2. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
3. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
4. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
5. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
2. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
3. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
4. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
5. Describe what Count Olaf says and Violet thinks when he is asking her if it would be so bad being married to him in Chapter 8?
6. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
7. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
8. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
9. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
10. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)