|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Be sick
(b) Have stage fright
(c) Become mute
(d) Fall down and twist an ankle
2. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
(a) Her cat
(b) A weasel
(c) The family doctor
(d) A stray dog
3. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Looking for a way to call the police
(b) Writting her last will and testiment
(c) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
(d) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
4. What does Klaus see Violet do that he hadn't seen her do in a long time?
(b) Begin drawing an invention
(c) Tie up her hair
(d) Cross her arms
5. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
2. What is Violet's costume in the play?
3. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
4. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
5. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
2. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
3. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
5. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
6. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
7. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
8. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
9. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
10. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)