|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
(a) Justice Strauss has been watching
(b) Count Olaf doesn't yet have his money
(c) Count Olaf is curious about Klaus
(d) Mr. Poe is keeping too close an eye on them
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children before they go onstage?
(a) Don't be nervous
(b) Break a leg
(c) Have fun
(d) They look great
3. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Sing her a lullaby
(b) Rock her to sleep
(c) Bring her blankets
(d) Giver her some medicine
4. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
(a) A clothes hanger
(b) A cat's claw
(c) A metal spider
(d) A hat
5. What does Klaus find when he tries to uncover Sunny to wake her up?
(a) She is sick
(b) She has been tied up
(c) She is missing
(d) She has been drugged
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
2. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
3. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
4. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
5. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
2. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
3. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
4. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
5. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
6. How does Klaus describe Olaf's plans as he has discovered them in Chapter 8?
7. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
8. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
9. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
10. What is described as the difference between the reasons that the Baudelaire children read the books and the reasons that lawyers read law books in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)