|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
2. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Have stage fright
(b) Become mute
(c) Be sick
(d) Fall down and twist an ankle
3. What does Count Olaf compare the children to?
(a) Stray dog
(b) Stubborn pig
(c) Lame horse
(d) Stubborn mule
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children before they go onstage?
(a) Don't be nervous
(b) Break a leg
(c) Have fun
(d) They look great
5. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(a) Cell Phone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man say he is going to go do?
2. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
3. What is it that makes Violet try the grappling hook even after she has been injured?
4. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
5. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
2. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
3. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
4. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
5. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
6. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
7. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
9. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
10. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)