|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
(a) Prenuptsials and agreements
(b) Nuptial Law
(c) Marriage and Matramony
(d) Marriage for underage orphans
2. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) The white faced women
(c) Hook-handed man
(d) The bald man
3. What does the hook-handed man say he is going to go do?
(a) Burn the grappling hook
(b) Get Klaus
(c) Go find some rope
(d) Take Violet to the garage
4. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
(a) Sleeve of her nightgown
(b) One of Count Olaf's shirts
(c) Piece of the grappling hook rope
5. What does Mr. Poe tell the children before they go onstage?
(a) Don't be nervous
(b) Break a leg
(c) Have fun
(d) They look great
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
2. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
3. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
4. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
5. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
2. How does Klaus' all night reading in Chapter 8 compare to how he used to stay up all night reading when his parents were alive?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Klaus goes to wake up Violet and explain Olaf's plan.
4. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
5. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
6. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
7. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
8. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
9. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
10. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)