|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
(a) The wood they had chopped
(b) The potatoes that Klaus and Violet had peeled
(c) Violet and Klaus' chore list
(d) Sunny's chew toys
2. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
(a) A justice's wig
(b) A large feather quill
(c) A real law book
(d) A box to stand on
3. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
4. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(a) Justice Strauss
5. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
(a) Wait for Count Olaf
(b) Go back to bed
(c) Put on the hand cuffs
(d) Have a seat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
2. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
3. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
4. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
5. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
2. What is Count Olaf's response in Chapter 8 when Klaus calls him a terrible man?
3. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
5. How does Klaus' all night reading in Chapter 8 compare to how he used to stay up all night reading when his parents were alive?
6. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Klaus goes to wake up Violet and explain Olaf's plan.
7. How does Klaus describe Olaf's plans as he has discovered them in Chapter 8?
8. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
9. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
10. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)