|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
(a) Sneezes and catches it with her right hand
(b) Holds Klaus' hand with her left hand
(c) Puts her hair back
(d) Stops herself from falling with her right hand
2. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
(a) A harpoon
(b) A bungee
(c) A pulley system
(d) A grappling hook
3. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
4. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Holds her chin
(b) Slaps her
(c) Strokes her hair
(d) Spits on her
5. What does Klaus find when he tries to uncover Sunny to wake her up?
(a) She is sick
(b) She is missing
(c) She has been tied up
(d) She has been drugged
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe tell the children before they go onstage?
2. Who stands beside Klaus for the duration of the play?
3. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
4. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
5. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
2. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
3. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
4. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
5. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
6. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
7. How does Klaus describe Olaf's plans as he has discovered them in Chapter 8?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
9. What is Count Olaf's response in Chapter 8 when Klaus calls him a terrible man?
10. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)