|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
(a) Straight jacket
(b) Dog house
(c) Bird cage
(d) Wooden box
2. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(b) Cell Phone
3. What is Violet's real reason for wanting to come and see Sunny?
(a) Casing the joint
(b) Kill the guards
(c) Steal the key
(d) See how far it is to the ground from the tower
4. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Count Olaf is already married
(b) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
(c) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
(d) Violet is below his station
5. What does Justice Strauss suggest that Sunny do while Violet and Klaus go through the law books?
(a) Garden with her
(b) Find some toys to bite
(c) Go swing
(d) Take a nap
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus find when he tries to uncover Sunny to wake her up?
2. What do Violet and Klaus tell Justice Strauss to do during the play to make it more fun?
3. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
4. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
5. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
2. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
3. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
4. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
5. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
6. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
7. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
8. How does Klaus' all night reading in Chapter 8 compare to how he used to stay up all night reading when his parents were alive?
9. What is described as the difference between the reasons that the Baudelaire children read the books and the reasons that lawyers read law books in Chapter 7?
10. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)