|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Fall down and twist an ankle
(b) Have stage fright
(c) Be sick
(d) Become mute
2. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(a) Cell Phone
3. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
4. What picture does Violet have that almost makes her give up before she even tries to throw the grappling hook?
(a) Her blowing in the wind while on the rope
(b) The though of Count Olaf catching her
(c) Klaus and Sunny both dangling in cages
(d) The thought of falling
5. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
(a) Money Honey
(b) Blushing Bride
(c) Ball and Chain
(d) Stinking Orphan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
2. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
3. What is it that makes Violet try the grappling hook even after she has been injured?
4. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
5. What does Justice Strauss suggest that Sunny do while Violet and Klaus go through the law books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
2. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
3. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
4. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
5. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
6. How does Klaus describe Olaf's plans as he has discovered them in Chapter 8?
7. What is described as the difference between the reasons that the Baudelaire children read the books and the reasons that lawyers read law books in Chapter 7?
8. How does Klaus' all night reading in Chapter 8 compare to how he used to stay up all night reading when his parents were alive?
9. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
10. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)