|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
2. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) The bald man
(c) Hook-handed man
(d) The white faced women
3. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Rock her to sleep
(b) Bring her blankets
(c) Sing her a lullaby
(d) Giver her some medicine
4. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
(a) That they are insane
(b) That the family owed him money
(c) That they are sick
(d) That he is worthy of the vast fortune
5. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Butterfly Knot
(b) Devil's Tongue
(c) Slip Knot
(d) Poop Knot
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
2. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
3. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
4. What does the narrator explain is an 'incentive' to lawyers to read law books?
5. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Count Olaf's response in Chapter 8 when Klaus calls him a terrible man?
2. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
4. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
5. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
6. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
7. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
8. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
9. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
10. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)