|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(b) They have been watching Court T.V.
(c) They are considering a career in law
(d) They want to get away from Olaf
2. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
(a) Count Olaf doesn't yet have his money
(b) Mr. Poe is keeping too close an eye on them
(c) Count Olaf is curious about Klaus
(d) Justice Strauss has been watching
3. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
(a) Stops herself from falling with her right hand
(b) Puts her hair back
(c) Sneezes and catches it with her right hand
(d) Holds Klaus' hand with her left hand
4. What does Klaus find when he tries to uncover Sunny to wake her up?
(a) She has been drugged
(b) She is sick
(c) She has been tied up
(d) She is missing
5. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
(a) Marriage and Matramony
(b) Prenuptsials and agreements
(c) Nuptial Law
(d) Marriage for underage orphans
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
2. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
3. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
4. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
5. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
2. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
3. How does Klaus describe Olaf's plans as he has discovered them in Chapter 8?
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
5. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
6. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
7. Describe what Count Olaf says and Violet thinks when he is asking her if it would be so bad being married to him in Chapter 8?
8. How does Klaus' all night reading in Chapter 8 compare to how he used to stay up all night reading when his parents were alive?
9. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
10. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)