|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
(a) A weasel
(b) A stray dog
(c) Her cat
(d) The family doctor
2. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
3. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
(b) Piece of the grappling hook rope
(c) Sleeve of her nightgown
(d) One of Count Olaf's shirts
4. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Violet is below his station
(b) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
(c) Count Olaf is already married
(d) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
5. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
(a) So Sunny wouldn't cry
(b) Afraid of hurtintg Sunny
(c) Afraid of making Olaf even angrier
(d) She can't undo the ropes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
2. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
3. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
4. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
5. What does Count Olaf compare the children to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
2. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
3. What is Count Olaf's response in Chapter 8 when Klaus calls him a terrible man?
4. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
5. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
6. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
7. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
8. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
9. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
10. How does Klaus describe Olaf's plans as he has discovered them in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)