|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Bring her blankets
(b) Sing her a lullaby
(c) Giver her some medicine
(d) Rock her to sleep
2. How does Violet sleep that night?
(c) Like a log
(d) Very little
3. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
(a) They were all naked
(b) They actually killed a person on stage
(c) There were orphans involved in that play as well
(d) They were all midgets
4. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
(a) She is worried he might get hurt
(b) Doesn't want to give him false hope
(c) She is worried that Count Olaf might find out
(d) She thinks he might try it without her
5. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
(a) A gag on her mouth
(b) A bag on her head
(c) Tape on her mouth
(d) She has been drugged
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
2. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
3. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
4. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
5. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
2. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
3. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
4. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
5. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
6. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
7. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Klaus goes to wake up Violet and explain Olaf's plan.
8. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
9. Describe what Count Olaf says and Violet thinks when he is asking her if it would be so bad being married to him in Chapter 8?
10. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)