|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
(a) The curtains
(b) Roast Beef
(c) Her drawings
(d) A piece of chalk
2. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(c) Justice Strauss
3. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
(a) They were all midgets
(b) They were all naked
(c) They actually killed a person on stage
(d) There were orphans involved in that play as well
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
(a) Have a seat
(b) Go back to bed
(c) Put on the hand cuffs
(d) Wait for Count Olaf
5. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
(a) To chew
(b) To try and stay awake
(c) To keep his hands busy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
2. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
3. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
4. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
5. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
2. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
3. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Klaus goes to wake up Violet and explain Olaf's plan.
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
5. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
6. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
7. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
8. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
9. What is described as the difference between the reasons that the Baudelaire children read the books and the reasons that lawyers read law books in Chapter 7?
10. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)