|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
(b) Writting her last will and testiment
(c) Looking for a way to call the police
(d) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
2. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
(a) They were all naked
(b) They were all midgets
(c) They actually killed a person on stage
(d) There were orphans involved in that play as well
3. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) When pigs fly
(b) After the play
(c) After supper
(d) The next day
4. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(b) Justice Strauss
5. What does Violet create using her knot-tying skills and the strips of cloth?
(a) A rope
(b) A noose
(c) A bed
(d) A ladder
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
2. What does the narrator explain is an 'incentive' to lawyers to read law books?
3. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
4. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
5. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
2. What is Count Olaf's response when Klaus reveals he has discovered Olaf's plan?
3. Describe what makes Violet's plan risky and dangerous.
4. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
5. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
6. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
7. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
8. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
9. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
10. What does Klaus do as the hook-handed man leaves the library to fetch Violet and Sunny in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)