|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Have her hair done
(b) Go get on her ceremonial robes
(c) Practice her lines
(d) Put on makeup
2. What picture does Violet have that almost makes her give up before she even tries to throw the grappling hook?
(a) The though of Count Olaf catching her
(b) Klaus and Sunny both dangling in cages
(c) The thought of falling
(d) Her blowing in the wind while on the rope
3. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
(a) Count Olaf hiting him
(b) The white faced ladies
(c) His parents dying
(d) The hooks from the hook-handed man
4. What does Count Olaf compare the children to?
(a) Stray dog
(b) Lame horse
(c) Stubborn pig
(d) Stubborn mule
5. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(c) Cell Phone
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
2. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
3. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
4. What do Violet and Klaus tell Justice Strauss to do during the play to make it more fun?
5. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
2. Describe the play as Klaus recounts it in chapter twelve while he is watching Count Olaf's performance.
3. How is the tower described in Chapter 11?
4. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
5. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
6. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
7. What is described as the difference between the reasons that the Baudelaire children read the books and the reasons that lawyers read law books in Chapter 7?
8. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Klaus goes to wake up Violet and explain Olaf's plan.
9. What is Count Olaf's response in Chapter 8 when Klaus calls him a terrible man?
10. Describe what Count Olaf says and Violet thinks when he is asking her if it would be so bad being married to him in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)