|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
(a) Sleeve of her nightgown
(b) Piece of the grappling hook rope
(d) One of Count Olaf's shirts
2. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
(a) A bungee
(b) A pulley system
(c) A harpoon
(d) A grappling hook
3. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
(a) The children's window
(b) The tower
(c) Justice Strauss' house
(d) The top of the tree
4. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
(a) Violet forced to live with Olaf
(b) His parent's death
(c) Sunny dangling from the tower
(d) The hook-handed man killing him
5. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Spits on her
(c) Holds her chin
(d) Strokes her hair
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
2. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
3. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
4. What does the hook-handed man threaten to do if there is any 'monkey business'?
5. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)