|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
(a) The wood they had chopped
(b) Sunny's chew toys
(c) Violet and Klaus' chore list
(d) The potatoes that Klaus and Violet had peeled
2. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
(a) Stinking Orphan
(b) Money Honey
(c) Blushing Bride
(d) Ball and Chain
3. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
(a) The Marriage to get the Orphan's Money
(b) The Unending Marriage
(c) Dirty Old Man
(d) The Menacing Marriage
4. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She hasn't had a blood test
(b) She hasn't given consent
(c) She isn't ready
(d) She is only fourteen
5. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
(a) Her drawings
(b) A piece of chalk
(c) Roast Beef
(d) The curtains
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Violet and Klaus tell Justice Strauss to do during the play to make it more fun?
2. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
3. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
4. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
5. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
2. What are the costumes that Klaus and Violet are put into for 'The Marvelous Marriage'?
3. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
5. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
6. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
7. Describe the grappling hook that Violet creates to attempt a rescue in Chapter 8.
8. Describe the scene where Violet is walking down the stairs to do the play, The Marvelous Marriage, in Chapter 11.
9. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
10. What is described as the difference between the reasons that the Baudelaire children read the books and the reasons that lawyers read law books in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)