|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
(a) Eye tattoo on his ankle
(b) House tattoo on his neck
(c) Eye tattoo on his wrist
(d) A hairy mole
2. What does Sunny do while Violet and Klaus are packing their clothes?
(a) Begins to cry
(b) Bites the bed posts
(c) Bites Edgar and Albert's shoes
(d) Spits up on Edgar and Albert's comics
3. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
(a) Lion and tiger
(b) Leapard and cheetah
(c) Alligator and crocodile
(d) Black leapord and spotted leapord
4. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(b) Hitting people
(d) Biting things
5. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(d) Ice Cream
Short Answer Questions
1. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
2. What does the man with hook hands say that you must teach children?
3. Who does Violet say they should go see?
4. What do the children say that they have been unable to find in Count Olaf's home?
5. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
2. What is the children's response to Count Olaf when they first meet?
3. In Chapter 3 after Klaus and Violet think about their parents what does Klaus suddenly begin yelling?
4. What is Violet's initial response to playing Count Olaf's bride in Chapter 6?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5 what are the children's moods when they wake up the next morning?
6. What is Violet's first thought when she sees the figure walking towards them in Chapter 1?
7. In Chapter 3 what is explained by the narrator when Klaus says he hopes the person knocking on the door is someone to visit them?
8. Describe the scene after Olaf and his troupe leave the house to go to their performance.
9. Describe the people that come into Count Olaf's house to have dinner.
10. What is Count Olaf's reaction upon learning they are not having roast beef?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)