|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
2. What does Klaus say he wished he knew more about and wants to get a book on?
(a) Divorcing your parent/guardian
(b) How to grow tomatoes
(c) Inheritance law
(d) Adoption law
3. What does Klaus think of being destroyed in the fire?
(a) All his things
(b) His mother and father
(c) The books he hasn't yet read
(d) His bed
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
(a) Use their own money to go get it
(b) Find one in the trash
(c) Go sleep in the shed
(d) Build one
5. What does Justice Strauss tell Violet they can come help her do sometime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
2. Who do the children see coming towards them?
3. What does Klaus say that they must go and look for soon?
4. What does Violet say that they must do, quoting her father, after Klaus says he hates everything about Olaf's home?
5. What kind of pictures does the book that Sunny chooses have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene after Olaf and his troupe leave the house to go to their performance.
2. What is Count Olaf's reaction upon learning they are not having roast beef?
3. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
4. What does Mr. Poe explain will happen to the children now that their parents are dead?
5. In Chapter 6 what is the children's response to the breakfast that Count Olaf makes?
6. What events do the children remember while talking about Violet burning the toast in Chapter 3?
7. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
8. What is the children's response in Chapter 1 when they hear that their parents have just died?
9. What does Mr. Poe tell the children when they say that Count Olaf is a terrible guardian and explain Count Olaf's behavior in Chapter 5?
10. What does Justice Strauss tell the children when they see her extensive book collection?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)