|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Count Olaf made for the children to eat when they awake the next morning?
(c) Burnt toast
2. What does Mr. Poe say must happen before the Baudelaire money can be used?
(a) Sunny must turn 21
(b) Klaus must marry
(c) Violet must come of age
(d) The children must die
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do before they step inside?
(a) Wipe their feet
(b) Watch the steps
(c) Take off their shoes
(d) Take off their coats
4. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was used and dirty
(b) It was itchy
(c) It was too small
(d) It was too large
5. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
(a) Talk to the children
(b) Have them in his house
(c) Touch the children
(d) Look at the children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
2. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
3. What does Sunny do when Count Olaf picks her up?
4. What does Klaus say he would like a book on?
5. What do the children realize Count Olaf isn't wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
2. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
3. How does Count Olaf's house look when the children first see it?
4. What is the children's response to Count Olaf when they first meet?
5. Describe the people that come into Count Olaf's house to have dinner.
6. What is the children's response in Chapter 1 when they hear that their parents have just died?
7. What does Violet mean when she says that Mr. Poe was like the executioner in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 3 after Klaus and Violet think about their parents what does Klaus suddenly begin yelling?
9. What is Violet doing while she is standing on the beach in Chapter 1?
10. Explain what happens when Klaus talks back to Count Olaf in chapter four telling him that their family money can't be touched until Violet is of age.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)