|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
(a) It is carrying a package
(b) It is tall and lean
(c) It is tall and square
(d) It limps
2. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Stealing a Fortune
(b) Doing Away with the Orphans
(c) The Marvelous Marriage
(d) Getting Away with Murder
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
(a) Build one
(b) Use their own money to go get it
(c) Go sleep in the shed
(d) Find one in the trash
4. What does the man with hook hands say that you must teach children?
(a) Listen to the parents
(b) Obey their elders
(c) Learn respect
5. What does Olaf say he is doing when the theater troupe arrives?
(a) Getting the food
(b) Finding plates
(c) Hugging the children
(d) Punishing the orphans
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Olaf give the children for asking Justice Strauss to play the judge in his play?
2. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
3. What do the children tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is always asking about?
4. What does the theater troupe do when they are ready to have dinner?
5. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Justice Strauss' response when Violet and Klaus ask her if she is excited about being in Olaf's play in Chapter 7?
2. While Violet and Klaus are trying to think of a way to get out of the tower in Chapter 11 what things do they discuss but don't offer any help?
3. What is Violet doing while she is standing on the beach in Chapter 1?
4. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Klaus goes to wake up Violet and explain Olaf's plan.
5. What is Count Olaf's reaction upon learning they are not having roast beef?
6. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
7. Describe how Count Olaf compares the children to a stubborn mule in Chapter 8?
8. Describe what Count Olaf says and Violet thinks when he is asking her if it would be so bad being married to him in Chapter 8?
9. Describe the scene seen by the children at the beginning of Chapter 12 while they are standing back stage of the play.
10. What is Violet's first thought when she sees the figure walking towards them in Chapter 1?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)