|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children put their clothes in at Count Olaf's house?
(a) A chair
(b) A broken dresser
(c) A refrigerator box
(d) A laundry basket
2. What does Count Olaf tell the children that he wants them to do in order to feel more at home with him?
(a) Put their names on the stationary
(b) Come watch the play
(c) Participate in his play
(d) Paint thier bedrooms
3. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
4. What does Olaf say he is doing when the theater troupe arrives?
(a) Finding plates
(b) Punishing the orphans
(c) Getting the food
(d) Hugging the children
5. What does Violet wish that she had bought at the market to put in Olaf's food?
(a) A bus ticket
(b) Roast Beef
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny do while Violet and Klaus are packing their clothes?
2. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
3. What do the children tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is always asking about?
4. What do the children have to play with?
5. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response of Violet and Klaus when they are told they will be leaving the Poe household?
2. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
3. What is Violet's initial response to playing Count Olaf's bride in Chapter 6?
4. How does Mr. Poe treat the children while they are trying to talk to him in Chapter 5?
5. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 5 what are the children's moods when they wake up the next morning?
7. What does Violet give as the reason she should not participate in the Marvelous Marriage?
8. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
9. Describe the people that come into Count Olaf's house to have dinner.
10. In Chapter 6 what is the children's response to the breakfast that Count Olaf makes?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)