|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus say he would like a book on?
(a) Sea creatures
2. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was itchy
(b) It was too small
(c) It was used and dirty
(d) It was too large
3. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(c) Hitting people
(d) Biting things
4. What does Violet suggest they go to Justice Strauss' house for?
(c) For a place to sleep
(d) To ask her to adopt them
5. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Doing Away with the Orphans
(b) The Marvelous Marriage
(c) Stealing a Fortune
(d) Getting Away with Murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet have to drop in order to take Klaus' hand?
2. Who do the children see coming towards them?
3. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
4. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
5. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Violet's initial response to playing Count Olaf's bride in Chapter 6?
2. Describe how the story of the Baudelaire children is introduced.
3. Describe the children's sleeping conditions at Count Olaf's home.
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children when they say that Count Olaf is a terrible guardian and explain Count Olaf's behavior in Chapter 5?
5. What do Count's guests say when they find that Count is disciplining the children?
6. Describe the scene after Olaf and his troupe leave the house to go to their performance.
7. What is Count Olaf's reaction upon learning they are not having roast beef?
8. How does Count Olaf's house look when the children first see it?
9. How does Mr. Poe treat the children while they are trying to talk to him in Chapter 5?
10. Explain the mood of the Baudelaire children in the beginning of Chapter 2 after they have learned of their parents' deaths.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)