|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunny do when Count Olaf picks her up?
(a) Hits him with a spoon
(b) Bites him
2. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(d) Ice Cream
3. What do the children have to play with?
(c) Fancy toys
(d) Pots and pans
4. What kind of pictures does the book that Sunny chooses have?
(d) A bed
5. When the story begins where are the Baudelaire children?
(c) Visitng a friend
(d) Count Olafs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
2. What reason does Olaf give the children for asking Justice Strauss to play the judge in his play?
3. What do the children do to figuratively escape Count Olaf's home?
4. What does Count Olaf ask for when he enters the kitchen?
5. What happens to the beach when it is sunny and nice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Count's guests say when they find that Count is disciplining the children?
2. What does the narrator tell the audience that they would find in his room as he describes it in Chapter 11?
3. What is the children's response to Count Olaf when they first meet?
4. Describe the scene in Chapter 8 where Count Olaf walks the children out to see where Sunny is being held.
5. What does Justice Strauss tell the children when they see her extensive book collection?
6. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
7. What is it that Violet's parents told her when they brought both Klaus, and later, Sunny, home from the hospital?
8. In Chapter 6 what is the children's response to the breakfast that Count Olaf makes?
9. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
10. What does Violet mean when she says that Mr. Poe was like the executioner in Chapter 1?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)