|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Poe say that the Baudelaires' parents most likely never invited Count Olaf over?
(a) Count Olaf was busy
(b) They hated dinner parties
(c) Their parents wanted to keep him a surprise
(d) Count Olaf was excentric
2. What do the children put their clothes in at Count Olaf's house?
(a) A refrigerator box
(b) A chair
(c) A laundry basket
(d) A broken dresser
3. What does Klaus say he wished he knew more about and wants to get a book on?
(a) How to grow tomatoes
(b) Divorcing your parent/guardian
(c) Inheritance law
(d) Adoption law
4. What does Sunny do while Violet and Klaus prepare the meal?
(a) Bites the table leg
(b) Talks to a bug on the floor
(c) Bang on a pot
(d) Chews on a piece of garlic
5. When does Klaus suggest they could come over?
(a) Next week
(d) That weekend
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
2. Who does Violet say they should go see?
3. Where does Mr. Poe tell the children they can contact him?
4. What does Mr. Poe's son complain about in relation to Sunny?
5. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Count Olaf describe the play, The Marvelous Marriage, to the children?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5 what are the children's moods when they wake up the next morning?
3. What does the bald man do before he joins Olaf and the others in the dinning room?
4. How does Count Olaf's house look when the children first see it?
5. What is Justice Strauss' reaction when she sees the children before they go on in Chapter 12?
6. What does Violet find when she reaches the top of the tower and has climbed her grappling hook?
7. What does the hook-handed man tell Klaus in Chapter 7 that frightens Klaus?
8. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
9. Describe how the story of the Baudelaire children is introduced.
10. What does Mr. Poe tell the children when they say that Count Olaf is a terrible guardian and explain Count Olaf's behavior in Chapter 5?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)