|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(a) Crib for Sunny
(b) Inventing studio
(c) Someone to chop the wood for her
2. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(a) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
(c) Kind Sir
3. What word does Mr. Poe explain the meaning of to the children although they already know it?
4. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) The hook-handed man
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Justice Strauss
(d) Mrs. Poe
5. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
(a) Their lord
(b) Their father
(c) Their worst nightmare
(d) Their master
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Justice Strauss tell Violet they can come help her do sometime?
2. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
3. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
4. What does Count Olaf blame his past 'standoffish' behavior on?
5. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 what is the children's response to the breakfast that Count Olaf makes?
2. What does Violet mean when she says that Mr. Poe was like the executioner in Chapter 1?
3. What is the children's response to Count Olaf when they first meet?
4. Explain what happens when Klaus talks back to Count Olaf in chapter four telling him that their family money can't be touched until Violet is of age.
5. What does Violet give as the reason she should not participate in the Marvelous Marriage?
6. What is the response of Violet and Klaus when they are told they will be leaving the Poe household?
7. What does Mr. Poe tell the children when they say that Count Olaf is a terrible guardian and explain Count Olaf's behavior in Chapter 5?
8. How does Count Olaf's house look when the children first see it?
9. Explain the mood of the Baudelaire children in the beginning of Chapter 2 after they have learned of their parents' deaths.
10. Describe how the story of the Baudelaire children is introduced.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)