|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
2. What does Mr. Poe's son complain about in relation to Sunny?
(a) She cries a lot
(b) She soils her diaper all the time
(c) She hits people
(d) She bites
3. What does Klaus say he would like to buy if he could use the family money?
(a) A cook
(c) A maid
(d) His own bed
4. Who does Count Olaf say he got a phone call from?
(a) Justice Strauss
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Their family lawyer
(d) Mrs. Poe
5. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
(a) Eye tattoo on his ankle
(b) Eye tattoo on his wrist
(c) House tattoo on his neck
(d) A hairy mole
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet wish that she had bought at the market to put in Olaf's food?
2. What does Sunny do when Count Olaf picks her up?
3. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
4. Who does Violet say they should go see?
5. What does Justice Strauss say she hopes the children will do soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Edgar and Albert's response when Mr. Poe tells the Baudelaire children that they are leaving the next day?
2. How does Count Olaf's house look when the children first see it?
3. What does Mr. Poe tell the children when they say that Count Olaf is a terrible guardian and explain Count Olaf's behavior in Chapter 5?
4. What is the children's response in Chapter 1 when they hear that their parents have just died?
5. What is Violet doing while she is standing on the beach in Chapter 1?
6. Explain what happens when Klaus talks back to Count Olaf in chapter four telling him that their family money can't be touched until Violet is of age.
7. How does Mr. Poe treat the children while they are trying to talk to him in Chapter 5?
8. Describe how the story of the Baudelaire children is introduced.
9. What does Justice Strauss tell the children when they see her extensive book collection?
10. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)