|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
2. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) An eye
(b) An X
(c) Uncle Olaf
(d) Master Olaf
3. What does Justice Strauss do that immediately puts Violet at ease?
(a) Hugs Violet
(b) Touches Violet's hair
(d) Holds Violet's hand
4. What does Sunny sleep on at Count Olaf's?
(a) Dirty clothes
(b) A used crib
(c) A pile of curtains
(d) A worn mattress
5. What do the children realize Count Olaf isn't wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet begin to do when she sees the figure walking towards them on the beach?
2. What is Violet thinking of inventing a machine to do while they are on the beach?
3. What does Violet suggest the children could do in return for using Strauss' library?
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
5. Where does Klaus say he would rather take his chances than with Count Olaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the people that come into Count Olaf's house to have dinner.
2. What is Violet's initial response to playing Count Olaf's bride in Chapter 6?
3. What does the bald man do before he joins Olaf and the others in the dinning room?
4. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
5. What does Violet mean when she says that Mr. Poe was like the executioner in Chapter 1?
6. How does Count Olaf describe the play, The Marvelous Marriage, to the children?
7. What is Violet doing while she is standing on the beach in Chapter 1?
8. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 5 what are the children's moods when they wake up the next morning?
10. What does Violet give as the reason she should not participate in the Marvelous Marriage?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)