|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children realize Count Olaf isn't wearing?
2. What does Klaus say he wished he knew more about and wants to get a book on?
(a) Inheritance law
(b) Adoption law
(c) Divorcing your parent/guardian
(d) How to grow tomatoes
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
(a) Use their own money to go get it
(b) Find one in the trash
(c) Build one
(d) Go sleep in the shed
4. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
(a) A private library
(b) Books on adoption
(c) A play room
(d) A room for the children to stay in
5. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was too large
(b) It was used and dirty
(c) It was itchy
(d) It was too small
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
2. What does Klaus explain it is that makes the figure look frightening?
3. What do the children do to figuratively escape Count Olaf's home?
4. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
5. What do the children think the pot of bubbling sauce looks like after they have been so frightened by Count Olaf and his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response of Violet and Klaus when they are told they will be leaving the Poe household?
2. What is Count Olaf's reaction upon learning they are not having roast beef?
3. Explain what happens when Klaus talks back to Count Olaf in chapter four telling him that their family money can't be touched until Violet is of age.
4. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
5. How does Count Olaf's house look when the children first see it?
6. What do Count's guests say when they find that Count is disciplining the children?
7. How does Mr. Poe treat the children while they are trying to talk to him in Chapter 5?
8. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
9. What does the bald man do before he joins Olaf and the others in the dinning room?
10. What is the children's response in Chapter 1 when they hear that their parents have just died?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)