|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Poe explain the children will be going to live with Count Olaf?
(a) He is the only relative to be found
(b) Count Olaf has asked for the children
(c) He is the closest relative geographically
(d) Their parents mentioned him in the will
2. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) A tiger
(b) An eye
(c) Count Olaf's face
(d) The theater symbol
3. What does Violet suggest she can do to help with Count Olaf's play?
(a) Be the prop master
(b) Build the set
(c) Play music
(d) Play a member of the audience
4. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was too large
(b) It was used and dirty
(c) It was too small
(d) It was itchy
5. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
(a) A room for the children to stay in
(b) A private library
(c) A play room
(d) Books on adoption
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the trolley described that the children are allowed to take to the beach?
2. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
3. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
4. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
5. What kind of pictures does the book that Sunny chooses have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene after Olaf and his troupe leave the house to go to their performance.
2. How does Count Olaf describe the play, The Marvelous Marriage, to the children?
3. How does Mr. Poe treat the children while they are trying to talk to him in Chapter 5?
4. What do Count's guests say when they find that Count is disciplining the children?
5. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
6. What does the bald man do before he joins Olaf and the others in the dinning room?
7. Explain the mood of the Baudelaire children in the beginning of Chapter 2 after they have learned of their parents' deaths.
8. What does Violet give as the reason she should not participate in the Marvelous Marriage?
9. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
10. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)