|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the children first meet Mr. Poe?
(a) Company picnic
(c) Birthday party
(d) Dinner party
2. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
(a) It limps
(b) It is tall and square
(c) It is carrying a package
(d) It is tall and lean
3. What fruit has been put with their breakfast that Count Olaf has served?
4. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) A tiger
(b) The theater symbol
(c) Count Olaf's face
(d) An eye
5. What does Justice Strauss tell Violet they can come help her do sometime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
2. What does Klaus say he would like to buy if he could use the family money?
3. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
4. Who does Klaus suggest could adopt them?
5. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the children's response to Count Olaf when they first meet?
2. What does the bald man do before he joins Olaf and the others in the dinning room?
3. What is Violet's initial response to playing Count Olaf's bride in Chapter 6?
4. What is Violet doing while she is standing on the beach in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 3 what is explained by the narrator when Klaus says he hopes the person knocking on the door is someone to visit them?
6. Describe how the story of the Baudelaire children is introduced.
7. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
8. Explain what happens when Klaus talks back to Count Olaf in chapter four telling him that their family money can't be touched until Violet is of age.
9. What does Justice Strauss tell the children when they see her extensive book collection?
10. What events do the children remember while talking about Violet burning the toast in Chapter 3?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)