|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe's son complain about in relation to Sunny?
(a) She cries a lot
(b) She hits people
(c) She soils her diaper all the time
(d) She bites
2. What do the children do to figuratively escape Count Olaf's home?
(a) Go to Justice Strauss' house
3. Where does Klaus say he would rather take his chances than with Count Olaf?
(a) At an orphanage
(b) In the streets
(c) With cannibals
(d) A foster home
4. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
(a) Their master
(b) Their father
(c) Their lord
(d) Their worst nightmare
5. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Their parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
2. What do the children put their clothes in at Count Olaf's house?
3. What do the children say that they have been unable to find in Count Olaf's home?
4. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
5. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Justice Strauss tell the children when they see her extensive book collection?
2. How does Count Olaf describe the play, The Marvelous Marriage, to the children?
3. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
4. Explain the mood of the Baudelaire children in the beginning of Chapter 2 after they have learned of their parents' deaths.
5. What does Violet give as the reason she should not participate in the Marvelous Marriage?
6. Describe the children's sleeping conditions at Count Olaf's home.
7. What does a normal day entail for the children at Count Olaf's house as described early on in Chapter 3?
8. Explain what happens when Klaus talks back to Count Olaf in chapter four telling him that their family money can't be touched until Violet is of age.
9. What is the response of Violet and Klaus when they are told they will be leaving the Poe household?
10. How does Mr. Poe treat the children while they are trying to talk to him in Chapter 5?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)