|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
(a) Eye tattoo on his wrist
(b) A hairy mole
(c) House tattoo on his neck
(d) Eye tattoo on his ankle
2. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
3. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
(a) It is tall and lean
(b) It is tall and square
(c) It limps
(d) It is carrying a package
4. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Their parents
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Mrs. Poe
5. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Stealing a Fortune
(b) The Marvelous Marriage
(c) Doing Away with the Orphans
(d) Getting Away with Murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children that he wants them to do in order to feel more at home with him?
2. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
3. What does Klaus think of being destroyed in the fire?
4. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
5. Where did the children first meet Mr. Poe?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5 what are the children's moods when they wake up the next morning?
2. How does Count Olaf describe the play, The Marvelous Marriage, to the children?
3. What does Mr. Poe tell the children when they say that Count Olaf is a terrible guardian and explain Count Olaf's behavior in Chapter 5?
4. Describe the people that come into Count Olaf's house to have dinner.
5. Describe the children's sleeping conditions at Count Olaf's home.
6. What do Count's guests say when they find that Count is disciplining the children?
7. What does Violet suggest they do in Chapter 5 while they are chopping wood? What is Klaus' reaction?
8. Describe the Baudelaire children's response when they first meet Justice Strauss.
9. What is Edgar and Albert's response when Mr. Poe tells the Baudelaire children that they are leaving the next day?
10. What is the children's response in Chapter 1 when they hear that their parents have just died?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)