|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
(a) His parent's death
(b) Sunny dangling from the tower
(c) The hook-handed man killing him
(d) Violet forced to live with Olaf
2. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
(a) A piece of chalk
(b) Her drawings
(c) The curtains
(d) Roast Beef
3. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
(a) Stinking Orphan
(b) Money Honey
(c) Blushing Bride
(d) Ball and Chain
4. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Count Olaf is already married
(b) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
(c) Violet is below his station
(d) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
5. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
6. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A cotton itchy dress
(b) A lacy white dress
(c) A satin yellow dress
(d) A velvet red dress
7. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
(a) Doesn't want to give him false hope
(b) She is worried that Count Olaf might find out
(c) She is worried he might get hurt
(d) She thinks he might try it without her
8. Who does Klaus say they will take what they have learned in order to get Olaf in trouble?
(a) The Police
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) Their lawyer
(d) Mr. Poe
9. What does Klaus see Violet do that he hadn't seen her do in a long time?
(a) Cross her arms
(b) Tie up her hair
(d) Begin drawing an invention
10. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
(a) Count Olaf doesn't yet have his money
(b) Mr. Poe is keeping too close an eye on them
(c) Count Olaf is curious about Klaus
(d) Justice Strauss has been watching
11. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
12. How does Violet sleep that night?
(a) Like a log
(d) Very little
13. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Butterfly Knot
(b) Devil's Tongue
(c) Slip Knot
(d) Poop Knot
14. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
(a) A sailor suit
(b) A poilot suit
(c) A policeman's uniform
(d) An army outfit
15. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They are considering a career in law
(b) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(c) They want to get away from Olaf
(d) They have been watching Court T.V.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
2. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
3. What picture does Violet have that almost makes her give up before she even tries to throw the grappling hook?
4. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
5. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)