|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Devil's Tongue
(b) Slip Knot
(c) Butterfly Knot
(d) Poop Knot
2. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After he has the money
(b) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
(c) When Klaus is dead
(d) After the play
3. What is Violet's real reason for wanting to come and see Sunny?
(a) Steal the key
(b) See how far it is to the ground from the tower
(c) Kill the guards
(d) Casing the joint
4. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
(a) Stops herself from falling with her right hand
(b) Holds Klaus' hand with her left hand
(c) Sneezes and catches it with her right hand
(d) Puts her hair back
5. What does Violet create using her knot-tying skills and the strips of cloth?
(a) A rope
(b) A ladder
(c) A noose
(d) A bed
6. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) After the play
(b) After supper
(c) The next day
(d) When pigs fly
7. Who stops to talk to the children and warns them that Sunny is still in danger?
(a) The white faced ladies
(b) The hook-handed man
(c) The bald headed man
(d) Count Olaf
8. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
9. What does Klaus see Violet do that he hadn't seen her do in a long time?
(a) Tie up her hair
(b) Begin drawing an invention
(d) Cross her arms
10. What picture does Violet have that almost makes her give up before she even tries to throw the grappling hook?
(a) Klaus and Sunny both dangling in cages
(b) The thought of falling
(c) The though of Count Olaf catching her
(d) Her blowing in the wind while on the rope
11. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He is smart
(b) He is a member of the police force
(c) He doesn't care about the children
(d) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
12. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
(b) Clenches his fists
(d) Kicks the bald headed man
13. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(c) Cell Phone
14. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
(a) Marriage and Matramony
(b) Prenuptsials and agreements
(c) Nuptial Law
(d) Marriage for underage orphans
15. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
(a) His parents dying
(b) The white faced ladies
(c) Count Olaf hiting him
(d) The hooks from the hook-handed man
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
2. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
3. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
4. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
5. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)