|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) The bald man
(c) Hook-handed man
(d) The white faced ladies
2. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After the play
(b) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
(c) When Klaus is dead
(d) After he has the money
3. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
(a) Piece of the grappling hook rope
(b) One of Count Olaf's shirts
(c) Sleeve of her nightgown
4. What does Klaus see Violet do that he hadn't seen her do in a long time?
(a) Cross her arms
(c) Tie up her hair
(d) Begin drawing an invention
5. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Follow him to the back yard
(b) Read the paper
(c) Go to the tower
(d) Call the hook-handed man
6. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
7. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Poop Knot
(b) Devil's Tongue
(c) Butterfly Knot
(d) Slip Knot
8. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
(a) A stray dog
(b) A weasel
(c) Her cat
(d) The family doctor
9. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
(a) Kicks the bald headed man
(b) Clenches his fists
10. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) Count Olaf
(d) The hook-handed man
11. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
(a) A clothes hanger
(b) A metal spider
(c) A cat's claw
(d) A hat
12. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
13. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Rock her to sleep
(b) Bring her blankets
(c) Sing her a lullaby
(d) Giver her some medicine
14. Who stands beside Klaus for the duration of the play?
(a) The white faced ladies
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) The hook-handed man
(d) The bald headed man
15. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Put on makeup
(b) Have her hair done
(c) Practice her lines
(d) Go get on her ceremonial robes
Short Answer Questions
1. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
2. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
3. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
4. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
5. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)