|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
2. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Giver her some medicine
(b) Rock her to sleep
(c) Bring her blankets
(d) Sing her a lullaby
3. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
(a) A hat
(b) A metal spider
(c) A cat's claw
(d) A clothes hanger
4. What does the hook-handed man threaten to do if there is any 'monkey business'?
(a) Dangle them out the window also
(b) Monkey around with them
(c) Put them out with the garbage
(d) Give them the hook
5. Klaus says that Count Olaf's plan wouldn't work if he and Violet were what?
6. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
(b) A nap
(c) The law book
(d) Their shoes
7. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Go get on her ceremonial robes
(b) Practice her lines
(c) Put on makeup
(d) Have her hair done
8. What does Klaus find when he tries to uncover Sunny to wake her up?
(a) She has been drugged
(b) She is missing
(c) She has been tied up
(d) She is sick
9. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Read the paper
(b) Go to the tower
(c) Follow him to the back yard
(d) Call the hook-handed man
10. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
(a) Sunny's chew toys
(b) The potatoes that Klaus and Violet had peeled
(c) The wood they had chopped
(d) Violet and Klaus' chore list
11. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A velvet red dress
(b) A satin yellow dress
(c) A cotton itchy dress
(d) A lacy white dress
12. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He doesn't care about the children
(b) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
(c) He is smart
(d) He is a member of the police force
13. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
14. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She is only fourteen
(b) She hasn't had a blood test
(c) She isn't ready
(d) She hasn't given consent
15. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
(b) Count Olaf is already married
(c) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
(d) Violet is below his station
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
2. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
3. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
4. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
5. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)