|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
2. Who stops to talk to the children and warns them that Sunny is still in danger?
(a) The bald headed man
(b) The hook-handed man
(c) Count Olaf
(d) The white faced ladies
3. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) The bald man
(b) Count Olaf
(c) The white faced women
(d) Hook-handed man
4. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
(a) She is worried that Count Olaf might find out
(b) She is worried he might get hurt
(c) Doesn't want to give him false hope
(d) She thinks he might try it without her
5. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
(a) Kicks the bald headed man
(b) Clenches his fists
6. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Go to the tower
(b) Read the paper
(c) Call the hook-handed man
(d) Follow him to the back yard
7. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
(a) A policeman's uniform
(b) A poilot suit
(c) An army outfit
(d) A sailor suit
8. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(d) Justice Strauss
9. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
(a) A bag on her head
(b) Tape on her mouth
(c) She has been drugged
(d) A gag on her mouth
10. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(b) They are considering a career in law
(c) They have been watching Court T.V.
(d) They want to get away from Olaf
11. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Holds her chin
(b) Spits on her
(c) Slaps her
(d) Strokes her hair
12. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
(a) To chew
(c) To try and stay awake
(d) To keep his hands busy
13. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
14. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
(a) The family doctor
(b) A stray dog
(c) Her cat
(d) A weasel
15. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
(a) A harpoon
(b) A bungee
(c) A grappling hook
(d) A pulley system
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
2. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
3. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
4. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
5. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)