|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
(a) Sneezes and catches it with her right hand
(b) Puts her hair back
(c) Stops herself from falling with her right hand
(d) Holds Klaus' hand with her left hand
2. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
(a) Piece of the grappling hook rope
(b) One of Count Olaf's shirts
(d) Sleeve of her nightgown
3. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
4. What does the hook-handed man hold in front of Klaus' face after threatening him?
(a) His hooks
(b) A glass of milk
(c) A handkerchief
(d) A knife
5. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Looking for a way to call the police
(b) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
(c) Writting her last will and testiment
(d) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
6. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
(a) A nap
(b) Their shoes
(c) The law book
7. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Practice her lines
(b) Put on makeup
(c) Go get on her ceremonial robes
(d) Have her hair done
8. What does the hook-handed man say he is going to go do?
(a) Go find some rope
(b) Take Violet to the garage
(c) Burn the grappling hook
(d) Get Klaus
9. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) After the play
(b) The next day
(c) When pigs fly
(d) After supper
10. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
(a) A gag on her mouth
(b) She has been drugged
(c) Tape on her mouth
(d) A bag on her head
11. How does Violet sleep that night?
(a) Very little
(d) Like a log
12. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Call the hook-handed man
(b) Go to the tower
(c) Follow him to the back yard
(d) Read the paper
13. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be tied up
(b) Be beaten
(c) Be locked in the tower together
(d) Go without supper
14. What does the narrator explain is an 'incentive' to lawyers to read law books?
(c) Job security
15. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get away from Olaf
(b) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(c) They have been watching Court T.V.
(d) They are considering a career in law
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
2. What is Violet's costume in the play?
3. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
4. What does the hook-handed man threaten to do if there is any 'monkey business'?
5. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)