|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
(a) A clothes hanger
(b) A hat
(c) A cat's claw
(d) A metal spider
2. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After the play
(b) When Klaus is dead
(c) After he has the money
(d) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
3. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
(a) Dog house
(b) Bird cage
(c) Straight jacket
(d) Wooden box
4. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
(a) The white faced ladies
(b) The hooks from the hook-handed man
(c) Count Olaf hiting him
(d) His parents dying
5. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(d) Cell Phone
6. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Read the paper
(b) Go to the tower
(c) Call the hook-handed man
(d) Follow him to the back yard
7. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
(a) An army outfit
(b) A poilot suit
(c) A policeman's uniform
(d) A sailor suit
8. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
(c) His assistants
9. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
(a) Blushing Bride
(b) Stinking Orphan
(c) Ball and Chain
(d) Money Honey
10. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) After supper
(b) The next day
(c) When pigs fly
(d) After the play
11. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
(a) Stops herself from falling with her right hand
(b) Puts her hair back
(c) Sneezes and catches it with her right hand
(d) Holds Klaus' hand with her left hand
12. What is it that makes Violet try the grappling hook even after she has been injured?
(a) Her parents
(b) The thought of marrying Olaf
(c) The thought of Sunny alone and scared
(d) The promise she made to her parents
13. What does the narrator explain is an 'incentive' to lawyers to read law books?
(b) Job security
14. What is Violet's real reason for wanting to come and see Sunny?
(a) Kill the guards
(b) Steal the key
(c) Casing the joint
(d) See how far it is to the ground from the tower
15. What does Justice Strauss suggest that Sunny do while Violet and Klaus go through the law books?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Garden with her
(c) Find some toys to bite
(d) Go swing
Short Answer Questions
1. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
2. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
3. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
4. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
5. What does Klaus find when he tries to uncover Sunny to wake her up?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)