|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He is a member of the police force
(b) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
(c) He doesn't care about the children
(d) He is smart
2. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Violet is below his station
(b) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
(c) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
(d) Count Olaf is already married
3. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She hasn't had a blood test
(b) She hasn't given consent
(c) She isn't ready
(d) She is only fourteen
4. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
(a) The wood they had chopped
(b) The potatoes that Klaus and Violet had peeled
(c) Sunny's chew toys
(d) Violet and Klaus' chore list
5. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Sing her a lullaby
(b) Giver her some medicine
(c) Bring her blankets
(d) Rock her to sleep
6. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
(a) The law book
(c) A nap
(d) Their shoes
7. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Devil's Tongue
(b) Butterfly Knot
(c) Slip Knot
(d) Poop Knot
8. What does the hook-handed man threaten to do if there is any 'monkey business'?
(a) Give them the hook
(b) Monkey around with them
(c) Dangle them out the window also
(d) Put them out with the garbage
9. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
(a) The top of the tree
(b) Justice Strauss' house
(c) The tower
(d) The children's window
10. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Become mute
(b) Have stage fright
(c) Fall down and twist an ankle
(d) Be sick
11. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After he has the money
(b) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
(c) After the play
(d) When Klaus is dead
12. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
(a) A poilot suit
(b) A sailor suit
(c) A policeman's uniform
(d) An army outfit
13. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(b) They want to get away from Olaf
(c) They have been watching Court T.V.
(d) They are considering a career in law
14. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A velvet red dress
(b) A satin yellow dress
(c) A cotton itchy dress
(d) A lacy white dress
15. What does the narrator explain is an 'incentive' to lawyers to read law books?
(d) Job security
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
2. What does Justice Strauss suggest that Sunny do while Violet and Klaus go through the law books?
3. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
4. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
5. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)