|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
(a) At Justice Strauss' house
(b) The tower
(c) His bedroom
(d) With the hook-handed man
2. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
(a) A hat
(b) A metal spider
(c) A cat's claw
(d) A clothes hanger
3. What do Violet and Klaus tell Justice Strauss to do during the play to make it more fun?
(a) To interupt the wedding and announce her love for the groom
(b) To suddenly fall and pretend to faint
(c) Change her lines around on stage
(d) To sing the lines
4. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
(a) Violet forced to live with Olaf
(b) Sunny dangling from the tower
(c) His parent's death
(d) The hook-handed man killing him
5. Who stands beside Klaus for the duration of the play?
(a) The bald headed man
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) The white faced ladies
(d) The hook-handed man
6. What does Justice Strauss suggest that Sunny do while Violet and Klaus go through the law books?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Go swing
(c) Garden with her
(d) Find some toys to bite
7. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) The hook-handed man
(d) Mr. Poe
8. What does Violet create using her knot-tying skills and the strips of cloth?
(a) A ladder
(b) A rope
(c) A noose
(d) A bed
9. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(b) They want to get away from Olaf
(c) They have been watching Court T.V.
(d) They are considering a career in law
10. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Devil's Tongue
(b) Slip Knot
(c) Butterfly Knot
(d) Poop Knot
11. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
(a) Justice Strauss' house
(b) The children's window
(c) The top of the tree
(d) The tower
12. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Spits on her
(c) Holds her chin
(d) Strokes her hair
13. What is it that makes Violet try the grappling hook even after she has been injured?
(a) The thought of Sunny alone and scared
(b) The thought of marrying Olaf
(c) Her parents
(d) The promise she made to her parents
14. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Bring her blankets
(b) Giver her some medicine
(c) Sing her a lullaby
(d) Rock her to sleep
15. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
(a) That they are sick
(b) That the family owed him money
(c) That they are insane
(d) That he is worthy of the vast fortune
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
2. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
3. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
4. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
5. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)