|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe tell the children before they go onstage?
(a) Break a leg
(b) Don't be nervous
(c) They look great
(d) Have fun
2. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
(a) The Unending Marriage
(b) The Menacing Marriage
(c) The Marriage to get the Orphan's Money
(d) Dirty Old Man
3. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
4. Klaus says that Count Olaf's plan wouldn't work if he and Violet were what?
5. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
(a) That the family owed him money
(b) That he is worthy of the vast fortune
(c) That they are insane
(d) That they are sick
6. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A velvet red dress
(b) A satin yellow dress
(c) A lacy white dress
(d) A cotton itchy dress
7. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
(b) He is a member of the police force
(c) He doesn't care about the children
(d) He is smart
8. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be beaten
(b) Be tied up
(c) Be locked in the tower together
(d) Go without supper
9. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
(b) Looking for a way to call the police
(c) Writting her last will and testiment
(d) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
10. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
11. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Practice her lines
(b) Go get on her ceremonial robes
(c) Put on makeup
(d) Have her hair done
12. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
(a) A large feather quill
(b) A justice's wig
(c) A real law book
(d) A box to stand on
13. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She hasn't had a blood test
(b) She isn't ready
(c) She is only fourteen
(d) She hasn't given consent
14. What do Violet and Klaus tell Justice Strauss to do during the play to make it more fun?
(a) Change her lines around on stage
(b) To suddenly fall and pretend to faint
(c) To sing the lines
(d) To interupt the wedding and announce her love for the groom
15. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) When pigs fly
(b) After the play
(c) The next day
(d) After supper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man hold in front of Klaus' face after threatening him?
2. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
3. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
4. What does Violet create using her knot-tying skills and the strips of cloth?
5. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)