|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
(a) Violet and Klaus' chore list
(b) The wood they had chopped
(c) The potatoes that Klaus and Violet had peeled
(d) Sunny's chew toys
2. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
(a) Afraid of making Olaf even angrier
(b) Afraid of hurtintg Sunny
(c) She can't undo the ropes
(d) So Sunny wouldn't cry
3. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Become mute
(b) Have stage fright
(c) Fall down and twist an ankle
(d) Be sick
4. What does Violet find that Count Olaf is pointing at?
(a) Justice Strauss' house
(b) The tower
(c) The top of the tree
(d) The children's window
5. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
6. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A satin yellow dress
(b) A cotton itchy dress
(c) A velvet red dress
(d) A lacy white dress
7. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
(a) Bird cage
(b) Dog house
(c) Straight jacket
(d) Wooden box
8. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He is a member of the police force
(b) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
(c) He is smart
(d) He doesn't care about the children
9. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
(a) A grappling hook
(b) A bungee
(c) A harpoon
(d) A pulley system
10. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
(b) After he has the money
(c) After the play
(d) When Klaus is dead
11. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
12. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
(a) A real law book
(b) A large feather quill
(c) A box to stand on
(d) A justice's wig
13. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Violet is below his station
(b) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
(c) Count Olaf is already married
(d) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
14. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
(a) He didn't want to give her false hope
(b) He was afraid she would make him put it back
(c) They didn't have a chance to talk in private
(d) He didn't want her to get in trouble
15. What does the hook-handed man say he is going to go do?
(a) Burn the grappling hook
(b) Go find some rope
(c) Get Klaus
(d) Take Violet to the garage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
2. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
3. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
5. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)