|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
(a) The law book
(c) A nap
(d) Their shoes
2. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(d) Justice Strauss
3. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Have stage fright
(b) Be sick
(c) Fall down and twist an ankle
(d) Become mute
4. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
5. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
(a) She is worried that Count Olaf might find out
(b) She thinks he might try it without her
(c) She is worried he might get hurt
(d) Doesn't want to give him false hope
6. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
(a) There were orphans involved in that play as well
(b) They were all midgets
(c) They were all naked
(d) They actually killed a person on stage
7. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After he has the money
(b) When Klaus is dead
(c) After the play
(d) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
8. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) After supper
(b) The next day
(c) After the play
(d) When pigs fly
9. How does Violet sleep that night?
(c) Very little
(d) Like a log
10. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
11. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Call the hook-handed man
(b) Follow him to the back yard
(c) Read the paper
(d) Go to the tower
12. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get away from Olaf
(b) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(c) They have been watching Court T.V.
(d) They are considering a career in law
13. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Practice her lines
(b) Put on makeup
(c) Have her hair done
(d) Go get on her ceremonial robes
14. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
(a) A box to stand on
(b) A justice's wig
(c) A real law book
(d) A large feather quill
15. What does Justice Strauss suggest that Sunny do while Violet and Klaus go through the law books?
(a) Find some toys to bite
(b) Go swing
(c) Take a nap
(d) Garden with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
2. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
3. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
4. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
5. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)