|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
(a) A poilot suit
(b) An army outfit
(c) A sailor suit
(d) A policeman's uniform
2. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be tied up
(b) Go without supper
(c) Be beaten
(d) Be locked in the tower together
3. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Rock her to sleep
(b) Bring her blankets
(c) Giver her some medicine
(d) Sing her a lullaby
4. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
(a) That the family owed him money
(b) That he is worthy of the vast fortune
(c) That they are sick
(d) That they are insane
5. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
(a) The white faced ladies
(b) The hooks from the hook-handed man
(c) His parents dying
(d) Count Olaf hiting him
6. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
(b) His assistants
7. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After the play
(b) After he has the money
(c) When Klaus is dead
(d) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
8. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
(a) He didn't want her to get in trouble
(b) He was afraid she would make him put it back
(c) They didn't have a chance to talk in private
(d) He didn't want to give her false hope
9. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Have stage fright
(b) Be sick
(c) Become mute
(d) Fall down and twist an ankle
10. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Practice her lines
(b) Put on makeup
(c) Have her hair done
(d) Go get on her ceremonial robes
11. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
(a) A weasel
(b) The family doctor
(c) A stray dog
(d) Her cat
12. What does Klaus rip a paper into pieces for while he reads?
(b) To chew
(c) To try and stay awake
(d) To keep his hands busy
13. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
14. What does Violet do that causes her to begin thinking as she walks down the stairs with Olaf to the play?
(a) Sneezes and catches it with her right hand
(b) Puts her hair back
(c) Stops herself from falling with her right hand
(d) Holds Klaus' hand with her left hand
15. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A lacy white dress
(b) A cotton itchy dress
(c) A satin yellow dress
(d) A velvet red dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
2. What does the hook-handed man say he is going to go do?
3. What does the hook-handed man threaten to do if there is any 'monkey business'?
4. How does Violet sleep that night?
5. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)