|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She is only fourteen
(b) She hasn't had a blood test
(c) She hasn't given consent
(d) She isn't ready
2. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
(a) Prenuptsials and agreements
(b) Marriage and Matramony
(c) Marriage for underage orphans
(d) Nuptial Law
3. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
4. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
(a) A bag on her head
(b) A gag on her mouth
(c) Tape on her mouth
(d) She has been drugged
5. What does Violet see still laying on the ground untouched when they follow Count Olaf outside?
(a) The wood they had chopped
(b) Violet and Klaus' chore list
(c) The potatoes that Klaus and Violet had peeled
(d) Sunny's chew toys
6. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(d) Cell Phone
7. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
8. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
(a) She can't undo the ropes
(b) Afraid of hurtintg Sunny
(c) Afraid of making Olaf even angrier
(d) So Sunny wouldn't cry
9. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be tied up
(b) Be locked in the tower together
(c) Go without supper
(d) Be beaten
10. What does the narrator explain is an 'incentive' to lawyers to read law books?
(d) Job security
11. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Hook-handed man
(c) The white faced women
(d) The bald man
12. What picture does Violet have that almost makes her give up before she even tries to throw the grappling hook?
(a) Her blowing in the wind while on the rope
(b) The thought of falling
(c) Klaus and Sunny both dangling in cages
(d) The though of Count Olaf catching her
13. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(b) Justice Strauss
14. Klaus says that Count Olaf's plan wouldn't work if he and Violet were what?
15. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
(a) Money Honey
(b) Stinking Orphan
(c) Blushing Bride
(d) Ball and Chain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
2. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
3. What does Violet use to make a bandage for the wound inflicted by the grappling hook's failed attempt?
4. Why did Klaus choose not to tell Violet that he had smuggled a book out of the library?
5. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)