|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man pull out of his pocket?
(d) Cell Phone
2. When does the hook-handed man say that Klaus might be allowed back in the library?
(a) After the play
(b) When pigs fly
(c) After supper
(d) The next day
3. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
(b) Clenches his fists
(d) Kicks the bald headed man
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
(a) Go back to bed
(b) Put on the hand cuffs
(c) Wait for Count Olaf
(d) Have a seat
5. What does Klaus say was unique about the Macbeth play that was put according to the law book he had been reading?
(a) There were orphans involved in that play as well
(b) They were all midgets
(c) They actually killed a person on stage
(d) They were all naked
6. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She isn't ready
(b) She hasn't given consent
(c) She is only fourteen
(d) She hasn't had a blood test
7. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
(c) His assistants
8. What is it that makes Violet try the grappling hook even after she has been injured?
(a) The thought of Sunny alone and scared
(b) The promise she made to her parents
(c) Her parents
(d) The thought of marrying Olaf
9. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be beaten
(b) Be tied up
(c) Go without supper
(d) Be locked in the tower together
10. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
(a) Dirty Old Man
(b) The Unending Marriage
(c) The Menacing Marriage
(d) The Marriage to get the Orphan's Money
11. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Bring her blankets
(b) Giver her some medicine
(c) Sing her a lullaby
(d) Rock her to sleep
12. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Writting her last will and testiment
(b) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
(c) Looking for a way to call the police
(d) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
13. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) When Klaus is dead
(b) After the play
(c) After he has the money
(d) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
14. What does Klaus say is the name of the book that he has been up all night reading?
(a) Nuptial Law
(b) Prenuptsials and agreements
(c) Marriage and Matramony
(d) Marriage for underage orphans
15. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
(a) Count Olaf is curious about Klaus
(b) Mr. Poe is keeping too close an eye on them
(c) Count Olaf doesn't yet have his money
(d) Justice Strauss has been watching
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
2. What does the hook-handed man hold in front of Klaus' face after threatening him?
3. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
4. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
5. Who comes by and tells the children they look wonderful after they are in their outfits?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)