|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Poop Knot
(b) Devil's Tongue
(c) Butterfly Knot
(d) Slip Knot
2. What does the hook-handed man threaten to do if there is any 'monkey business'?
(a) Monkey around with them
(b) Give them the hook
(c) Put them out with the garbage
(d) Dangle them out the window also
3. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
(a) The hooks from the hook-handed man
(b) The white faced ladies
(c) His parents dying
(d) Count Olaf hiting him
4. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Fall down and twist an ankle
(b) Be sick
(c) Become mute
(d) Have stage fright
5. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
(a) Count Olaf doesn't yet have his money
(b) Mr. Poe is keeping too close an eye on them
(c) Count Olaf is curious about Klaus
(d) Justice Strauss has been watching
6. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be locked in the tower together
(b) Be beaten
(c) Be tied up
(d) Go without supper
7. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
(b) Looking for a way to call the police
(c) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
(d) Writting her last will and testiment
8. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
(a) The Menacing Marriage
(b) The Marriage to get the Orphan's Money
(c) The Unending Marriage
(d) Dirty Old Man
9. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
(a) Go back to bed
(b) Have a seat
(c) Put on the hand cuffs
(d) Wait for Count Olaf
10. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
11. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) The white faced women
(c) Hook-handed man
(d) The bald man
12. What is Klaus' costume for the play?
(a) A sailor suit
(b) A poilot suit
(c) An army outfit
(d) A policeman's uniform
13. How does Violet sleep that night?
(b) Like a log
(d) Very little
14. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(b) They want to get away from Olaf
(c) They are considering a career in law
(d) They have been watching Court T.V.
15. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
(a) His assistants
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
2. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
3. What does Klaus see Violet do that he hadn't seen her do in a long time?
4. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
5. Who stands beside Klaus for the duration of the play?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)