|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Violet tell Klaus about her plan?
(a) She is worried that Count Olaf might find out
(b) Doesn't want to give him false hope
(c) She is worried he might get hurt
(d) She thinks he might try it without her
2. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
(b) He is smart
(c) He doesn't care about the children
(d) He is a member of the police force
3. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
(a) At Justice Strauss' house
(b) With the hook-handed man
(c) His bedroom
(d) The tower
4. What is Violet's real reason for wanting to come and see Sunny?
(a) Casing the joint
(b) See how far it is to the ground from the tower
(c) Steal the key
(d) Kill the guards
5. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A velvet red dress
(b) A lacy white dress
(c) A satin yellow dress
(d) A cotton itchy dress
6. What type of book is it that the narrator explains practically no one likes to read about?
7. Once the invention is complete, what is it that Violet has made?
(a) A harpoon
(b) A pulley system
(c) A grappling hook
(d) A bungee
8. What do Violet and Klaus tell Justice Strauss to do during the play to make it more fun?
(a) To suddenly fall and pretend to faint
(b) To interupt the wedding and announce her love for the groom
(c) To sing the lines
(d) Change her lines around on stage
9. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) The white faced women
(b) Count Olaf
(c) Hook-handed man
(d) The bald man
10. What does Count Olaf demand to have before the children start their chores?
(b) A nap
(c) Their shoes
(d) The law book
11. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Have her hair done
(b) Go get on her ceremonial robes
(c) Put on makeup
(d) Practice her lines
12. What image wakes Klaus up when he begins to have trouble focusing on the book?
(a) Count Olaf hiting him
(b) The white faced ladies
(c) The hooks from the hook-handed man
(d) His parents dying
13. What does Klaus suggest that they do in order to stop the performance?
(a) Become mute
(b) Be sick
(c) Have stage fright
(d) Fall down and twist an ankle
14. What does Count Olaf say is a reason that he wouldn't want to marry Violet?
(a) Violet is below his station
(b) Count Olaf can have any number of pretty women
(c) Count Olaf is already married
(d) Count Olaf is too old for Violet
15. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
(a) His assistants
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
2. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
3. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
4. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
5. What is it that makes Violet try the grappling hook even after she has been injured?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)