|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(b) They have been watching Court T.V.
(c) They want to get away from Olaf
(d) They are considering a career in law
2. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) The bald man
(c) The white faced ladies
(d) Hook-handed man
3. What does Klaus think of while Violet is signing the document?
(a) Sunny dangling from the tower
(b) His parent's death
(c) The hook-handed man killing him
(d) Violet forced to live with Olaf
4. What does the hook-handed man tell Violet to do when he hoists her up into the room?
(a) Put on the hand cuffs
(b) Go back to bed
(c) Have a seat
(d) Wait for Count Olaf
5. How does Violet sleep that night?
(c) Like a log
(d) Very little
6. What does Klaus do when he hears Violet say 'I do' to Count Olaf?
(a) Clenches his fists
(c) Kicks the bald headed man
7. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
8. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) After the play
(b) After he has the money
(c) When Klaus is dead
(d) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
9. What type of knot does Violet use to tie the strips of cloth together?
(a) Poop Knot
(b) Butterfly Knot
(c) Devil's Tongue
(d) Slip Knot
10. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
11. What does Violet begin doing while they are trapped in the tower?
(a) Writting her last will and testiment
(b) Looking for a way to call the police
(c) Trying to find a way to contact Justice Strauss
(d) Trying to think of an invention to help them escape
12. What does the hook-handed man say he is going to go do?
(a) Get Klaus
(b) Burn the grappling hook
(c) Take Violet to the garage
(d) Go find some rope
13. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Spits on her
(b) Holds her chin
(c) Slaps her
(d) Strokes her hair
14. What does Violet realize about Count Olaf that makes him even worse than before?
(a) He is smart
(b) He is a member of the police force
(c) He is willing to do anything to get what he wants
(d) He doesn't care about the children
15. What does Violet see Sunny is held in?
(a) Wooden box
(b) Dog house
(c) Bird cage
(d) Straight jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Violet's costume in the play?
2. Violet says she could make Molotov cocktails if she had what ingredient?
3. Why does Violet not untie Sunny immediately after the hook-handed man has left the room?
4. Who stops to talk to the children and warns them that Sunny is still in danger?
5. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)