|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops to talk to the children and warns them that Sunny is still in danger?
(a) The white faced ladies
(b) The hook-handed man
(c) Count Olaf
(d) The bald headed man
2. What does Count Olaf say he has put in the tower staircase to keep the kids from getting ideas?
(a) His assistants
3. What is Violet's real reason for wanting to come and see Sunny?
(a) Steal the key
(b) Kill the guards
(c) See how far it is to the ground from the tower
(d) Casing the joint
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children before they go onstage?
(a) Have fun
(b) Break a leg
(c) Don't be nervous
(d) They look great
5. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She hasn't had a blood test
(b) She hasn't given consent
(c) She isn't ready
(d) She is only fourteen
6. Who do the children find standing behind them while they search for Sunny?
(a) The bald man
(b) Hook-handed man
(c) Count Olaf
(d) The white faced ladies
7. What does Violet claim she wants to do as the reason she wants to visit Sunny?
(a) Sing her a lullaby
(b) Rock her to sleep
(c) Giver her some medicine
(d) Bring her blankets
8. What is Justice Strauss called off to do?
(a) Have her hair done
(b) Practice her lines
(c) Go get on her ceremonial robes
(d) Put on makeup
9. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
(a) A piece of chalk
(b) Her drawings
(c) The curtains
(d) Roast Beef
10. What is it that prevents Sunny from crying out a warning to Violet?
(a) A gag on her mouth
(b) Tape on her mouth
(c) She has been drugged
(d) A bag on her head
11. Where does Count Olaf say that Sunny will remain until after the play?
(a) His bedroom
(b) At Justice Strauss' house
(c) The tower
(d) With the hook-handed man
12. How does Violet sleep that night?
(a) Very little
(d) Like a log
13. What explanation does Klaus give to Justice Strauss for why they are reading her large law books?
(a) They are considering a career in law
(b) They want to get to their family's money sooner
(c) They want to get away from Olaf
(d) They have been watching Court T.V.
14. What does Violet create using her knot-tying skills and the strips of cloth?
(a) A ladder
(b) A noose
(c) A rope
(d) A bed
15. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Spits on her
(b) Holds her chin
(c) Strokes her hair
(d) Slaps her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
2. Klaus says that Count Olaf's plan wouldn't work if he and Violet were what?
3. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
4. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
5. Where does Violet get injured while throwing the grappling hook?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)