|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hook-handed man say the three orphans will have to do that night?
(a) Be tied up
(b) Be locked in the tower together
(c) Go without supper
(d) Be beaten
2. What is Violet's real reason for wanting to come and see Sunny?
(a) Steal the key
(b) Casing the joint
(c) See how far it is to the ground from the tower
(d) Kill the guards
3. What is Violet's costume in the play?
(a) A satin yellow dress
(b) A lacy white dress
(c) A cotton itchy dress
(d) A velvet red dress
4. What does Klaus say the name of the play should be changed to?
(a) Dirty Old Man
(b) The Marriage to get the Orphan's Money
(c) The Menacing Marriage
(d) The Unending Marriage
5. What does Klaus tell Justice Strauss to make sure Sunny doesn't eat?
6. Who comes to get Klaus and calls him home?
(a) The white faced women
(b) The bald man
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Hook-handed man
7. What does the hook-handed man call Violet when he tells Count Olaf what she had tried to do?
(a) Stinking Orphan
(b) Blushing Bride
(c) Money Honey
(d) Ball and Chain
8. What does Count Olaf do to Violet while talking to her?
(a) Spits on her
(b) Holds her chin
(c) Strokes her hair
(d) Slaps her
9. When does Count Olaf say he will release Sunny?
(a) When Violet signs over her rights to the money
(b) When Klaus is dead
(c) After he has the money
(d) After the play
10. What reason does Violet give for not being able to marry?
(a) She isn't ready
(b) She is only fourteen
(c) She hasn't had a blood test
(d) She hasn't given consent
11. Who does Count Olaf find waiting for him at the breakfast table the next morning?
(b) Justice Strauss
12. What does Violet take to the tower stairs?
(a) A piece of chalk
(b) The curtains
(c) Her drawings
(d) Roast Beef
13. What reason is explained to Klaus for the reason that Klaus has been allowed to live?
(a) Mr. Poe is keeping too close an eye on them
(b) Justice Strauss has been watching
(c) Count Olaf doesn't yet have his money
(d) Count Olaf is curious about Klaus
14. What does Count Olaf 'innocently' suggest that Violet and Klaus do if they want to see something unusual?
(a) Call the hook-handed man
(b) Follow him to the back yard
(c) Read the paper
(d) Go to the tower
15. In the story that Violet found, who did a woman leave her money to instead of her three sons?
(a) A stray dog
(b) The family doctor
(c) A weasel
(d) Her cat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet suggest that Count Olaf might be trying to prove in order to get at the children's money?
2. What does the hook-handed man hold in front of Klaus' face after threatening him?
3. What is Justice Strauss carrying that she is to use on stage?
4. What does Count Olaf compare the children to?
5. What does Violet's invention look like when she initially gets done?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)