|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf blame his past 'standoffish' behavior on?
(a) Nervous about upcoming play
(b) He has been sick
(c) He had been unsure how to act around children
(d) He was trying to show off for his friends
2. What do the children say that they have been unable to find in Count Olaf's home?
(a) A mop
(b) A book
(c) A cooking pot
(d) A washing machine
3. What does Klaus think of being destroyed in the fire?
(a) His bed
(b) All his things
(c) The books he hasn't yet read
(d) His mother and father
4. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(a) Kind Sir
(b) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
5. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
6. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(b) Biting things
(c) Hitting people
7. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) The hook-handed man
(d) Mr. Poe
8. Who does Klaus suggest could adopt them?
(a) Mr. Poe
(c) Their grandmother
(d) Justice Strauss
9. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(a) Inventing studio
(b) Someone to chop the wood for her
(d) Crib for Sunny
10. What reason does Mr. Poe give to explain Count Olaf's busy schedule?
(a) He does charity work
(b) He is a traveling salesman
(c) He just got out of jail
(d) He is an actor
11. What does Mr. Poe say must happen before the Baudelaire money can be used?
(a) Violet must come of age
(b) Klaus must marry
(c) The children must die
(d) Sunny must turn 21
12. Why was Mr. Poe not home very much?
(a) Taking his sons to ball games
(b) Dr. appointments
(d) Out golfing
13. What does Klaus say that they must go and look for soon?
(a) A public library
(b) A park
(c) A lawyer
(d) A school
14. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
(a) A statue of Count Olaf
(b) A painting of an eye
(c) A picture of a house burning
(d) A sculpture of an eye
15. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
(a) A lunatic
(b) A child abuser
(c) A mad man
(d) A horrid person
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
2. What does Violet have to drop in order to take Klaus' hand?
3. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
4. What does Olaf say he is doing when the theater troupe arrives?
5. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)