|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
(a) Hair and make-up
(b) Running away
(c) Fairy tales
2. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
(a) Have them in his house
(b) Talk to the children
(c) Touch the children
(d) Look at the children
3. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
(b) Ladder to reach books with
(d) A filing cabinet to easily find a book
4. What is carved on Count Olaf's front door?
(a) The actor's theme
(b) Count Olaf's name
(c) An eye
(d) A portrait of Count Olaf
5. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
(a) Eye tattoo on his ankle
(b) House tattoo on his neck
(c) Eye tattoo on his wrist
(d) A hairy mole
6. What does Violet suggest she can do to help with Count Olaf's play?
(a) Build the set
(b) Be the prop master
(c) Play a member of the audience
(d) Play music
7. Where does Klaus say he would rather take his chances than with Count Olaf?
(a) With cannibals
(b) A foster home
(c) In the streets
(d) At an orphanage
8. What do the children think the pot of bubbling sauce looks like after they have been so frightened by Count Olaf and his friends?
9. What does Violet suggest the children could do in return for using Strauss' library?
(a) Paint her house
(b) Weed her flower beds
(c) Wash her car
(d) Her chores
10. What does Violet do just before she gets ready to start thinking of an invention?
(b) Starts chewing on her nails
(c) Puts on her glasses
(d) Pulls her hair back
11. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
12. What does Violet do when she is thinking about inventions?
(a) Chews on her bottom lip
(b) Ties her hair up
(c) Sucks her thumb
(d) Puts on her glasses
13. Where do the Baudelaire children decide the map of the city that Count Olaf had talked about must be?
(a) With Count Olaf
(b) There never was one
(c) His tower
(d) In Count Olaf's bedroom
14. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
(a) Moose head
(b) A large sword
(c) Stuffed lion's head
(d) A billy bass
15. What reason does Olaf give the children for asking Justice Strauss to play the judge in his play?
(a) To make the play more authentic
(b) Because he likes her
(c) To be neighborly
(d) Because she works for cheap
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Justice Strauss do that immediately puts Violet at ease?
2. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
3. What does Violet suggest they go to Justice Strauss' house for?
4. What does Count Olaf say that he wants to use the children's money for?
5. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)