|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) Justice Strauss
(b) The hook-handed man
(c) Mrs. Poe
(d) Mr. Poe
2. What do the children have to play with?
(b) Pots and pans
(c) Fancy toys
3. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
(a) A sculpture of an eye
(b) A painting of an eye
(c) A statue of Count Olaf
(d) A picture of a house burning
4. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(b) Inventing studio
(c) Crib for Sunny
(d) Someone to chop the wood for her
5. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
(b) Hair and make-up
(c) Fairy tales
(d) Running away
6. What is carved on Count Olaf's front door?
(a) A portrait of Count Olaf
(b) An eye
(c) Count Olaf's name
(d) The actor's theme
7. Where does Mr. Poe tell the children they can contact him?
(a) Through Count Olaf
(b) With a phone
(c) The bank
(d) His house
8. What word does Mr. Poe explain the meaning of to the children although they already know it?
9. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
(a) Mr. Poe's mother
(b) Mr. Poe's dogs
(c) Mr. Poe's two sons
(d) Mr. Poe's pet snake
10. What reason does Mr. Poe give to explain Count Olaf's busy schedule?
(a) He is an actor
(b) He just got out of jail
(c) He does charity work
(d) He is a traveling salesman
11. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) Master Olaf
(b) An X
(c) Uncle Olaf
(d) An eye
12. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
13. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
(a) It was his favorite when he was young
(b) They make wonderful pies
(c) They were picked fresh
(d) They get stuck in your teeth
14. What does Sunny do while Violet and Klaus are packing their clothes?
(a) Bites the bed posts
(b) Spits up on Edgar and Albert's comics
(c) Bites Edgar and Albert's shoes
(d) Begins to cry
15. What has Count Olaf made for the children to eat when they awake the next morning?
(b) Burnt toast
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
2. What do the children realize Count Olaf isn't wearing?
3. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
4. What happens to the beach when it is sunny and nice?
5. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)