|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(b) Hitting people
(d) Biting things
2. What does Justice Strauss say that her case in the High Court was about?
(a) A poisonous plant and a credit card
(b) A plant and someone's missing mother
(c) A credit card and a rare snake
(d) Dog fights
3. What does Justice Strauss do that immediately puts Violet at ease?
(a) Holds Violet's hand
(b) Hugs Violet
(d) Touches Violet's hair
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
(a) They get stuck in your teeth
(b) They make wonderful pies
(c) It was his favorite when he was young
(d) They were picked fresh
5. Where did the children first meet Mr. Poe?
(a) Company picnic
(b) Dinner party
(c) Birthday party
6. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(b) Kind Sir
(c) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
7. What does Olaf say he is doing when the theater troupe arrives?
(a) Finding plates
(b) Punishing the orphans
(c) Hugging the children
(d) Getting the food
8. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
9. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) The hook-handed man
(d) Justice Strauss
10. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
(b) Hair and make-up
(c) Fairy tales
(d) Running away
11. What do the children put their clothes in at Count Olaf's house?
(a) A chair
(b) A refrigerator box
(c) A broken dresser
(d) A laundry basket
12. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) Count Olaf's face
(b) A tiger
(c) An eye
(d) The theater symbol
13. What does Sunny sleep on at Count Olaf's?
(a) A used crib
(b) A worn mattress
(c) A pile of curtains
(d) Dirty clothes
14. Why does Mr. Poe explain the children will be going to live with Count Olaf?
(a) Their parents mentioned him in the will
(b) He is the closest relative geographically
(c) Count Olaf has asked for the children
(d) He is the only relative to be found
15. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
(a) Leapard and cheetah
(b) Alligator and crocodile
(c) Black leapord and spotted leapord
(d) Lion and tiger
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet say that they must do, quoting her father, after Klaus says he hates everything about Olaf's home?
2. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
3. What does Mr. Poe do that keeps him from hearing Violet explain that Klaus has been struck by Count Olaf?
4. Who does Violet say they should go see?
5. What does Count Olaf blame his past 'standoffish' behavior on?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)