|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf ask for when he enters the kitchen?
(a) Smoked Salmon
(b) Roast Beef
(d) Chicken Tetrazzini
2. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(a) Hitting people
(d) Biting things
3. What does Violet wish that she had bought at the market to put in Olaf's food?
(a) A bus ticket
(d) Roast Beef
4. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
(a) A lunatic
(b) A child abuser
(c) A horrid person
(d) A mad man
5. What does Justice Strauss say that her case in the High Court was about?
(a) A plant and someone's missing mother
(b) A credit card and a rare snake
(c) A poisonous plant and a credit card
(d) Dog fights
6. What does Count Olaf say that he wants to use the children's money for?
(a) Traveling the world
(b) Fixing up his house
(c) Buying a new house
(d) Getting the children an education
7. What do the children realize Count Olaf isn't wearing?
8. What does Justice Strauss do that immediately puts Violet at ease?
(b) Holds Violet's hand
(c) Touches Violet's hair
(d) Hugs Violet
9. What does Klaus say that they must go and look for soon?
(a) A school
(b) A park
(c) A public library
(d) A lawyer
10. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
(a) Look at the children
(b) Have them in his house
(c) Touch the children
(d) Talk to the children
11. When does Klaus suggest they could come over?
(b) That weekend
(c) Next week
12. What does Count Olaf blame his past 'standoffish' behavior on?
(a) He was trying to show off for his friends
(b) Nervous about upcoming play
(c) He had been unsure how to act around children
(d) He has been sick
13. What is the only thing that Violet says she knows how to cook?
14. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
(a) Have the children cook something else
(b) Order out
(c) Throw it out
(d) Get drunk
15. What does Violet say that they must do, quoting her father, after Klaus says he hates everything about Olaf's home?
(a) Have a stiff upper lip
(b) Whistle while you work
(c) Look for the silver lining
(d) Keep our chins up
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say must happen before the Baudelaire money can be used?
2. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
3. What does Klaus say he wished he knew more about and wants to get a book on?
4. Why does Mr. Poe explain the children will be going to live with Count Olaf?
5. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)