|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Their parents
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Mrs. Poe
2. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(c) Biting things
(d) Hitting people
3. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
(a) Get drunk
(b) Have the children cook something else
(c) Order out
(d) Throw it out
4. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(c) Kind Sir
(d) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
5. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
6. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
(a) A sculpture of an eye
(b) A picture of a house burning
(c) A painting of an eye
(d) A statue of Count Olaf
7. What does Violet do when she is thinking about inventions?
(a) Sucks her thumb
(b) Chews on her bottom lip
(c) Ties her hair up
(d) Puts on her glasses
8. What do the children realize Count Olaf isn't wearing?
9. When the story begins where are the Baudelaire children?
(b) Visitng a friend
(d) Count Olafs
10. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
(b) Ladder to reach books with
(c) A filing cabinet to easily find a book
11. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
(a) Build one
(b) Find one in the trash
(c) Go sleep in the shed
(d) Use their own money to go get it
12. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
(a) Alligator and crocodile
(b) Lion and tiger
(c) Leapard and cheetah
(d) Black leapord and spotted leapord
13. What does Violet suggest they go to Justice Strauss' house for?
(a) To ask her to adopt them
(c) For a place to sleep
14. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
(a) Their lord
(b) Their father
(c) Their worst nightmare
(d) Their master
15. What does Violet have to drop in order to take Klaus' hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Violet say they should go see?
2. What does the theater troupe do when they are ready to have dinner?
3. What does Sunny do when Count Olaf picks her up?
4. What does Justice Strauss tell Violet they can come help her do sometime?
5. What happens to the beach when it is sunny and nice?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)