|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do before they step inside?
(a) Watch the steps
(b) Wipe their feet
(c) Take off their coats
(d) Take off their shoes
2. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
(a) Black leapord and spotted leapord
(b) Lion and tiger
(c) Alligator and crocodile
(d) Leapard and cheetah
3. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(a) Ice Cream
4. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(a) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
(c) Kind Sir
5. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
6. What does Violet begin to do when she sees the figure walking towards them on the beach?
(c) Throws a rock
(d) Yells for the police
7. What does Violet suggest the children could do in return for using Strauss' library?
(a) Her chores
(b) Paint her house
(c) Weed her flower beds
(d) Wash her car
8. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Their parents
9. What do the children have to play with?
(c) Pots and pans
(d) Fancy toys
10. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
(a) Their master
(b) Their father
(c) Their worst nightmare
(d) Their lord
11. What happens to the beach when it is sunny and nice?
(a) The sun reflects off the waves
(b) The children get cranky
(c) It is very crowded
(d) It is too hot
12. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) Count Olaf's face
(b) An eye
(c) The theater symbol
(d) A tiger
13. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) The hook-handed man
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) Justice Strauss
14. Why does Mr. Poe say that the Baudelaires' parents most likely never invited Count Olaf over?
(a) Count Olaf was busy
(b) Their parents wanted to keep him a surprise
(c) Count Olaf was excentric
(d) They hated dinner parties
15. When the story begins where are the Baudelaire children?
(b) Visitng a friend
(c) Count Olafs
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny do to Justice Strauss?
2. What does Violet suggest they go to Justice Strauss' house for?
3. What does Mr. Poe's son complain about in relation to Sunny?
4. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
5. What do the children put their clothes in at Count Olaf's house?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)