|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
(a) A child abuser
(b) A mad man
(c) A lunatic
(d) A horrid person
2. What does Mr. Poe's son complain about in relation to Sunny?
(a) She cries a lot
(b) She hits people
(c) She bites
(d) She soils her diaper all the time
3. What do the children tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is always asking about?
(a) The house fire
(b) Their father's will
(c) Their money
(d) Why the children smell funny
4. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) The hook-handed man
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Justice Strauss
(d) Mr. Poe
5. What is Violet thinking of inventing a machine to do while they are on the beach?
(a) Make it always cloudy
(b) Create a perfect day
(c) Help you swim
(d) Fetch the rocks she is skipping
6. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(c) Ice Cream
7. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) Uncle Olaf
(b) An X
(c) An eye
(d) Master Olaf
8. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
(a) Mr. Poe's pet snake
(b) Mr. Poe's mother
(c) Mr. Poe's dogs
(d) Mr. Poe's two sons
9. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(a) Inventing studio
(b) Someone to chop the wood for her
(c) Crib for Sunny
10. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
(a) Touch the children
(b) Look at the children
(c) Talk to the children
(d) Have them in his house
11. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
(a) A large sword
(b) Moose head
(c) A billy bass
(d) Stuffed lion's head
12. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Doing Away with the Orphans
(b) The Marvelous Marriage
(c) Stealing a Fortune
(d) Getting Away with Murder
13. Why was Mr. Poe not home very much?
(b) Dr. appointments
(c) Out golfing
(d) Taking his sons to ball games
14. What does Mr. Poe do that keeps him from hearing Violet explain that Klaus has been struck by Count Olaf?
(b) Talks at the same time she does
(c) Answers a phone
15. What does Olaf say he is doing when the theater troupe arrives?
(a) Getting the food
(b) Hugging the children
(c) Punishing the orphans
(d) Finding plates
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give to explain Count Olaf's busy schedule?
2. Who do the children see coming towards them?
3. What does Violet suggest the children could do in return for using Strauss' library?
4. What does Klaus wear that makes him look smart?
5. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)