|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Justice Strauss say she hopes the children will do soon?
(a) Come to have tea with her
(b) Come to do a dance with her
(c) Come over to borrow books
(d) Come over to help her garden
2. What does Klaus wear that makes him look smart?
(b) Top hat
(c) A metal
(d) Sweater vest
3. What fruit has been put with their breakfast that Count Olaf has served?
4. What does Mr. Poe do that keeps him from hearing Violet explain that Klaus has been struck by Count Olaf?
(b) Talks at the same time she does
(d) Answers a phone
5. What does the theater troupe do when they are ready to have dinner?
(a) Yelling for food
(b) Begin stomping their feet
(c) Begin pounding on the table
(d) Hit their cups with their knives
6. When does Klaus suggest they could come over?
(c) That weekend
(d) Next week
7. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
(a) A statue of Count Olaf
(b) A picture of a house burning
(c) A sculpture of an eye
(d) A painting of an eye
8. Why was Mr. Poe not home very much?
(b) Out golfing
(c) Dr. appointments
(d) Taking his sons to ball games
9. What does Violet do when she is thinking about inventions?
(a) Puts on her glasses
(b) Ties her hair up
(c) Sucks her thumb
(d) Chews on her bottom lip
10. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do before they step inside?
(a) Wipe their feet
(b) Watch the steps
(c) Take off their shoes
(d) Take off their coats
11. What does Count Olaf say that he wants to use the children's money for?
(a) Buying a new house
(b) Getting the children an education
(c) Fixing up his house
(d) Traveling the world
12. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(d) Ice Cream
13. What does Violet suggest she can do to help with Count Olaf's play?
(a) Play music
(b) Build the set
(c) Be the prop master
(d) Play a member of the audience
14. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(b) Kind Sir
(d) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
15. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Their parents
(c) Mrs. Poe
(d) Count Olaf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
2. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
3. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
4. What does Violet suggest the children could do in return for using Strauss' library?
5. What is carved on Count Olaf's front door?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)