Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mr. Poe say the children have to wait to be able to use their family's money?
(a) Violet comes of age
(b) Violet gets out of college
(c) The children all have turned 21
(d) Sunny comes of age
2. What does the theater troupe do when they are ready to have dinner?
(a) Begin pounding on the table
(b) Begin stomping their feet
(c) Yelling for food
(d) Hit their cups with their knives
3. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
(a) A large sword
(b) Moose head
(c) Stuffed lion's head
(d) A billy bass
4. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
(a) A statue of Count Olaf
(b) A picture of a house burning
(c) A sculpture of an eye
(d) A painting of an eye
5. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) Count Olaf's face
(b) An eye
(c) A tiger
(d) The theater symbol
6. What does Violet wish that she had bought at the market to put in Olaf's food?
(a) Roast Beef
(c) A bus ticket
7. What does Justice Strauss do that immediately puts Violet at ease?
(b) Touches Violet's hair
(c) Hugs Violet
(d) Holds Violet's hand
8. Who does Klaus suggest could adopt them?
(b) Their grandmother
(c) Justice Strauss
(d) Mr. Poe
9. What has Count Olaf made for the children to eat when they awake the next morning?
(b) Burnt toast
10. Where does Klaus say he would rather take his chances than with Count Olaf?
(a) A foster home
(b) At an orphanage
(c) With cannibals
(d) In the streets
11. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
(a) Ladder to reach books with
(c) A filing cabinet to easily find a book
12. What is Justice Strauss holding when she first meets the Baudelaire children?
(b) Bag of manure
(c) Flower pot
(d) Loaf of bread
13. What does Violet say that they must do, quoting her father, after Klaus says he hates everything about Olaf's home?
(a) Have a stiff upper lip
(b) Keep our chins up
(c) Look for the silver lining
(d) Whistle while you work
14. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
(a) A horrid person
(b) A mad man
(c) A lunatic
(d) A child abuser
15. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
(a) A room for the children to stay in
(b) A play room
(c) Books on adoption
(d) A private library
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
2. What does Violet have to drop in order to take Klaus' hand?
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children that he wants them to do in order to feel more at home with him?
4. What does Count Olaf blame his past 'standoffish' behavior on?
5. What is the only thing that Violet says she knows how to cook?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)