|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Their parents
(d) Mr. Poe
2. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was used and dirty
(b) It was itchy
(c) It was too large
(d) It was too small
3. What does Klaus say he would like to buy if he could use the family money?
(a) A cook
(c) A maid
(d) His own bed
4. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) Uncle Olaf
(b) An X
(c) Master Olaf
(d) An eye
5. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
(a) Their worst nightmare
(b) Their lord
(c) Their master
(d) Their father
6. What does Count Olaf ask for when he enters the kitchen?
(a) Roast Beef
(b) Smoked Salmon
(c) Chicken Tetrazzini
7. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
(c) Ladder to reach books with
(d) A filing cabinet to easily find a book
8. Why does Mr. Poe say that the Baudelaires' parents most likely never invited Count Olaf over?
(a) Their parents wanted to keep him a surprise
(b) Count Olaf was busy
(c) They hated dinner parties
(d) Count Olaf was excentric
9. What reason does Mr. Poe give to explain Count Olaf's busy schedule?
(a) He is an actor
(b) He is a traveling salesman
(c) He just got out of jail
(d) He does charity work
10. What does Count Olaf tell the children that he wants them to do in order to feel more at home with him?
(a) Put their names on the stationary
(b) Come watch the play
(c) Paint thier bedrooms
(d) Participate in his play
11. What does Justice Strauss tell Violet they can come help her do sometime?
12. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
(a) Mr. Poe's dogs
(b) Mr. Poe's mother
(c) Mr. Poe's two sons
(d) Mr. Poe's pet snake
13. Who does Violet say they should go see?
(a) Justice Strauss
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) The family lawyer
(d) Mrs. Poe
14. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
(a) Stuffed lion's head
(b) A billy bass
(c) A large sword
(d) Moose head
15. Where does Mr. Poe tell the children they can contact him?
(a) The bank
(b) With a phone
(c) Through Count Olaf
(d) His house
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the trolley described that the children are allowed to take to the beach?
2. What does Sunny do to Justice Strauss?
3. What does Mr. Poe say must happen before the Baudelaire money can be used?
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
5. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)