|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus explain it is that makes the figure look frightening?
(a) Lack of light
(b) The hat it is wearing
(c) Her imagination
2. What does Violet begin to do when she sees the figure walking towards them on the beach?
(c) Throws a rock
(d) Yells for the police
3. Who does Count Olaf say he got a phone call from?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Their family lawyer
(d) Justice Strauss
4. What does Count Olaf say that he wants to use the children's money for?
(a) Traveling the world
(b) Fixing up his house
(c) Buying a new house
(d) Getting the children an education
5. What do the children put their clothes in at Count Olaf's house?
(a) A laundry basket
(b) A refrigerator box
(c) A chair
(d) A broken dresser
6. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was too small
(b) It was too large
(c) It was used and dirty
(d) It was itchy
7. What does Justice Strauss tell Violet they can come help her do sometime?
8. What does Klaus say he would like to buy if he could use the family money?
(b) A maid
(c) His own bed
(d) A cook
9. What has Count Olaf made for the children to eat when they awake the next morning?
(b) Burnt toast
10. What do the children think the pot of bubbling sauce looks like after they have been so frightened by Count Olaf and his friends?
11. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
(a) A large sword
(b) Moose head
(c) Stuffed lion's head
(d) A billy bass
12. What does Sunny do while Violet and Klaus are packing their clothes?
(a) Bites the bed posts
(b) Begins to cry
(c) Spits up on Edgar and Albert's comics
(d) Bites Edgar and Albert's shoes
13. What does Olaf say he has become since he has adopted the children?
(a) Their lord
(b) Their worst nightmare
(c) Their master
(d) Their father
14. Why does Mr. Poe explain the children will be going to live with Count Olaf?
(a) Count Olaf has asked for the children
(b) He is the only relative to be found
(c) Their parents mentioned him in the will
(d) He is the closest relative geographically
15. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) Their parents
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Mr. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
2. What kind of pictures does the book that Sunny chooses have?
3. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
4. What is the only thing that Violet says she knows how to cook?
5. What reason does Mr. Poe give to explain Count Olaf's busy schedule?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)