|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus think of being destroyed in the fire?
(a) The books he hasn't yet read
(b) His bed
(c) His mother and father
(d) All his things
2. What reason does Olaf give the children for asking Justice Strauss to play the judge in his play?
(a) Because he likes her
(b) Because she works for cheap
(c) To be neighborly
(d) To make the play more authentic
3. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was too large
(b) It was too small
(c) It was itchy
(d) It was used and dirty
4. What does Violet do just before she gets ready to start thinking of an invention?
(a) Pulls her hair back
(c) Starts chewing on her nails
(d) Puts on her glasses
5. Who does Violet say they should go see?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) The family lawyer
(d) Justice Strauss
6. What does Count Olaf ask for when he enters the kitchen?
(a) Roast Beef
(b) Chicken Tetrazzini
(c) Smoked Salmon
7. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) An eye
(b) A tiger
(c) Count Olaf's face
(d) The theater symbol
8. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do before they step inside?
(a) Take off their shoes
(b) Watch the steps
(c) Take off their coats
(d) Wipe their feet
9. What is the only decoration in the children's room?
(a) A statue of Count Olaf
(b) A picture of a house burning
(c) A painting of an eye
(d) A sculpture of an eye
10. What is the only thing that Violet says she knows how to cook?
11. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
12. What do the children think the pot of bubbling sauce looks like after they have been so frightened by Count Olaf and his friends?
13. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
(a) Mr. Poe's dogs
(b) Mr. Poe's pet snake
(c) Mr. Poe's mother
(d) Mr. Poe's two sons
14. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
(a) Eye tattoo on his wrist
(b) Eye tattoo on his ankle
(c) A hairy mole
(d) House tattoo on his neck
15. What fruit has been put with their breakfast that Count Olaf has served?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
2. What does Sunny do to Justice Strauss?
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
4. What do the children do to figuratively escape Count Olaf's home?
5. What does Violet suggest they go to Justice Strauss' house for?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)