|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Klaus suggest they could come over?
(c) Next week
(d) That weekend
2. What does the man with hook hands say that you must teach children?
(a) Learn respect
(c) Obey their elders
(d) Listen to the parents
3. What does Sunny do to Justice Strauss?
(a) Bites her gently
(b) Hits her with a pan
(c) Kicks her
(d) Bites her hard
4. What do the children say that they have been unable to find in Count Olaf's home?
(a) A cooking pot
(b) A washing machine
(c) A mop
(d) A book
5. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
(a) Have the children cook something else
(b) Get drunk
(c) Order out
(d) Throw it out
6. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
(a) Books on adoption
(b) A private library
(c) A room for the children to stay in
(d) A play room
7. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
(a) Alligator and crocodile
(b) Leapard and cheetah
(c) Black leapord and spotted leapord
(d) Lion and tiger
8. What is carved on Count Olaf's front door?
(a) A portrait of Count Olaf
(b) An eye
(c) Count Olaf's name
(d) The actor's theme
9. Why was Mr. Poe not home very much?
(b) Taking his sons to ball games
(c) Dr. appointments
(d) Out golfing
10. What do the children see on Count Olaf?
(a) Eye tattoo on his ankle
(b) House tattoo on his neck
(c) Eye tattoo on his wrist
(d) A hairy mole
11. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(d) Ice Cream
12. Where does Mr. Poe tell the children they can contact him?
(a) His house
(b) Through Count Olaf
(c) With a phone
(d) The bank
13. What does Klaus wear that makes him look smart?
(a) Sweater vest
(b) Top hat
(d) A metal
14. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) An eye
(b) An X
(c) Uncle Olaf
(d) Master Olaf
15. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
(c) Ladder to reach books with
(d) A filing cabinet to easily find a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet begin to do when she sees the figure walking towards them on the beach?
2. What does Klaus say he wished he knew more about and wants to get a book on?
3. Where do the Baudelaire children decide the map of the city that Count Olaf had talked about must be?
4. What do the children have to play with?
5. What does Klaus say he would like a book on?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)