|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Mr. Poe say the children have to wait to be able to use their family's money?
(a) Sunny comes of age
(b) Violet comes of age
(c) The children all have turned 21
(d) Violet gets out of college
2. What does Klaus say he would like to buy if he could use the family money?
(b) A maid
(c) His own bed
(d) A cook
3. What does Violet do just before she gets ready to start thinking of an invention?
(a) Starts chewing on her nails
(c) Pulls her hair back
(d) Puts on her glasses
4. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Stealing a Fortune
(b) Doing Away with the Orphans
(c) Getting Away with Murder
(d) The Marvelous Marriage
5. What is Violet thinking of inventing a machine to do while they are on the beach?
(a) Help you swim
(b) Fetch the rocks she is skipping
(c) Make it always cloudy
(d) Create a perfect day
6. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(a) Crib for Sunny
(b) Inventing studio
(d) Someone to chop the wood for her
7. What does Count Olaf ask for when he enters the kitchen?
(b) Smoked Salmon
(c) Roast Beef
(d) Chicken Tetrazzini
8. What does Violet say she would like a book on?
(a) Hair and make-up
(b) Running away
(d) Fairy tales
9. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
(a) A play room
(b) Books on adoption
(c) A room for the children to stay in
(d) A private library
10. What does Olaf say he is doing when the theater troupe arrives?
(a) Hugging the children
(b) Punishing the orphans
(c) Getting the food
(d) Finding plates
11. What does Violet suggest they go to Justice Strauss' house for?
(a) To ask her to adopt them
(c) For a place to sleep
12. Who does Klaus suggest could adopt them?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Their grandmother
(c) Justice Strauss
13. What is Justice Strauss holding when she first meets the Baudelaire children?
(a) Flower pot
(b) Loaf of bread
(c) Bag of manure
14. Who does Violet say they should go see?
(a) The family lawyer
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Justice Strauss
(d) Mr. Poe
15. How is the trolley described that the children are allowed to take to the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
2. When does Klaus suggest they could come over?
3. Where does Mr. Poe tell the children they can contact him?
4. What does Violet do when she is thinking about inventions?
5. Why was Mr. Poe not home very much?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)