|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
2. What do the children think the pot of bubbling sauce looks like after they have been so frightened by Count Olaf and his friends?
3. What does Count Olaf blame his past 'standoffish' behavior on?
(a) He had been unsure how to act around children
(b) Nervous about upcoming play
(c) He has been sick
(d) He was trying to show off for his friends
4. Where does Klaus say he would rather take his chances than with Count Olaf?
(a) In the streets
(b) At an orphanage
(c) With cannibals
(d) A foster home
5. What does Klaus say he would like to buy if he could use the family money?
(a) A maid
(b) A cook
(c) His own bed
6. Who knocks on the front door while Violet and Klaus are trying to figure out what to have for dinner?
(a) Justice Strauss
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) The hook-handed man
(d) Mr. Poe
7. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Doing Away with the Orphans
(b) Getting Away with Murder
(c) The Marvelous Marriage
(d) Stealing a Fortune
8. What does Sunny do to Justice Strauss?
(a) Hits her with a pan
(b) Bites her hard
(c) Bites her gently
(d) Kicks her
9. What do the children see on the wall when they step into Count Olaf's house?
(a) Stuffed lion's head
(b) Moose head
(c) A billy bass
(d) A large sword
10. What does Violet call Count Olaf while trying to keep him from getting mad when she tries to refuse to take part in the play?
(a) Kind Sir
(d) Mr. Count Olaf, Lord and Master
11. What is wrong with the clothing that Mrs. Poe purchased for the children?
(a) It was itchy
(b) It was used and dirty
(c) It was too small
(d) It was too large
12. What does Klaus think of being destroyed in the fire?
(a) All his things
(b) His mother and father
(c) His bed
(d) The books he hasn't yet read
13. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
14. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
(a) Talk to the children
(b) Have them in his house
(c) Touch the children
(d) Look at the children
15. What does Count Olaf call the Baudelaire children?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the trolley described that the children are allowed to take to the beach?
2. What is Justice Strauss holding when she first meets the Baudelaire children?
3. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
4. Where do the Baudelaire children decide the map of the city that Count Olaf had talked about must be?
5. What does Justice Strauss say that her case in the High Court was about?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)