|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit has been put with their breakfast that Count Olaf has served?
2. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) An X
(b) An eye
(c) Master Olaf
(d) Uncle Olaf
3. What does Violet suggest the children could do in return for using Strauss' library?
(a) Weed her flower beds
(b) Wash her car
(c) Paint her house
(d) Her chores
4. What does Klaus explain it is that makes the figure look frightening?
(b) The hat it is wearing
(c) Her imagination
(d) Lack of light
5. What is the name of Count Olaf's play?
(a) Getting Away with Murder
(b) Doing Away with the Orphans
(c) Stealing a Fortune
(d) The Marvelous Marriage
6. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) An eye
(b) The theater symbol
(c) A tiger
(d) Count Olaf's face
7. Why does Mr. Poe say that the Baudelaires' parents most likely never invited Count Olaf over?
(a) Count Olaf was busy
(b) Their parents wanted to keep him a surprise
(c) Count Olaf was excentric
(d) They hated dinner parties
8. What does Count Olaf say he can barely stand to do?
(a) Look at the children
(b) Have them in his house
(c) Talk to the children
(d) Touch the children
9. What kind of pictures does the book that Sunny chooses have?
(c) A bed
10. What does Violet say that they must do, quoting her father, after Klaus says he hates everything about Olaf's home?
(a) Whistle while you work
(b) Have a stiff upper lip
(c) Look for the silver lining
(d) Keep our chins up
11. What does Klaus think of being destroyed in the fire?
(a) His mother and father
(b) The books he hasn't yet read
(c) His bed
(d) All his things
12. What does Mr. Poe's son complain about in relation to Sunny?
(a) She cries a lot
(b) She bites
(c) She soils her diaper all the time
(d) She hits people
13. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(a) Crib for Sunny
(b) Inventing studio
(c) Someone to chop the wood for her
14. What is carved on Count Olaf's front door?
(a) Count Olaf's name
(b) The actor's theme
(c) An eye
(d) A portrait of Count Olaf
15. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
(a) Find one in the trash
(b) Build one
(c) Go sleep in the shed
(d) Use their own money to go get it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Justice Strauss do that immediately puts Violet at ease?
2. What does Count Olaf say that the theater troupe and himself should do in order to enjoy their meal?
3. Who does Count Olaf say he got a phone call from?
4. What does the man with hook hands say that you must teach children?
5. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)