|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Violet say they should go see?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Justice Strauss
(c) The family lawyer
(d) Mrs. Poe
2. What kind of pictures does the book that Sunny chooses have?
(d) A bed
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do before they step inside?
(a) Take off their shoes
(b) Watch the steps
(c) Wipe their feet
(d) Take off their coats
4. What does Justice Strauss show the children that excites them?
(a) A room for the children to stay in
(b) Books on adoption
(c) A play room
(d) A private library
5. What does Klaus say he would like a book on?
(d) Sea creatures
6. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) Count Olaf's face
(b) The theater symbol
(c) A tiger
(d) An eye
7. What does Klaus wear that makes him look smart?
(a) Top hat
(b) Sweater vest
(c) A metal
8. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(a) Biting things
(d) Hitting people
9. What does Count Olaf ask for when he enters the kitchen?
(b) Roast Beef
(c) Chicken Tetrazzini
(d) Smoked Salmon
10. What is the only thing that Violet says she knows how to cook?
11. What is noticed about the figure approaching the children before it gets to them?
(a) It is carrying a package
(b) It is tall and square
(c) It is tall and lean
(d) It limps
12. What does Violet do when she is thinking about inventions?
(a) Sucks her thumb
(b) Chews on her bottom lip
(c) Puts on her glasses
(d) Ties her hair up
13. How long does Mr. Poe say the children have to wait to be able to use their family's money?
(a) Sunny comes of age
(b) Violet gets out of college
(c) The children all have turned 21
(d) Violet comes of age
14. What does Violet begin to do when she sees the figure walking towards them on the beach?
(a) Yells for the police
(d) Throws a rock
15. Who do the children see coming towards them?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Their parents
(d) Mr. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny say that gives Klaus and Violet an idea of what to do to learn about Olaf's plans?
2. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
3. What is Violet thinking of inventing a machine to do while they are on the beach?
4. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
5. What do the children do to figuratively escape Count Olaf's home?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)