|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give to explain Count Olaf's busy schedule?
(a) He is a traveling salesman
(b) He is an actor
(c) He just got out of jail
(d) He does charity work
2. What does Sunny enjoy doing?
(c) Biting things
(d) Hitting people
3. On the notes that Count Olaf leaves the children what does he put at the bottom instead of his name?
(a) An eye
(b) Uncle Olaf
(c) Master Olaf
(d) An X
4. What does the peep hole on Count Olaf's door look like?
(a) The theater symbol
(b) A tiger
(c) An eye
(d) Count Olaf's face
5. What kind of dish do the children decide on for Count Olaf and his troop?
6. What does Klaus tell Mr. Poe that Count Olaf is?
(a) A lunatic
(b) A horrid person
(c) A child abuser
(d) A mad man
7. What does Violet say she would want to buy if she could use her family's money?
(a) Crib for Sunny
(b) Someone to chop the wood for her
(c) Inventing studio
8. What does Klaus explain it is that makes the figure look frightening?
(b) The hat it is wearing
(c) Her imagination
(d) Lack of light
9. Klaus is able to tell the difference between which two animals?
(a) Black leapord and spotted leapord
(b) Alligator and crocodile
(c) Lion and tiger
(d) Leapard and cheetah
10. What do the children have to play with?
(a) Fancy toys
(b) Pots and pans
11. What did the children buy for dessert for Count Olaf and the troupe?
(c) Ice Cream
12. What does Sunny do while Violet and Klaus prepare the meal?
(a) Bang on a pot
(b) Bites the table leg
(c) Chews on a piece of garlic
(d) Talks to a bug on the floor
13. Who did the Baudelaire children have to share a room with in the Poe house?
(a) Mr. Poe's dogs
(b) Mr. Poe's mother
(c) Mr. Poe's pet snake
(d) Mr. Poe's two sons
14. What is in the corner of Strauss' personal library that doesn't contain books?
(c) Ladder to reach books with
(d) A filing cabinet to easily find a book
15. What does Count Olaf tell the children about the fruit in their bowls?
(a) They get stuck in your teeth
(b) They were picked fresh
(c) They make wonderful pies
(d) It was his favorite when he was young
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the trolley described that the children are allowed to take to the beach?
2. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do before they step inside?
3. Where does Klaus say he would rather take his chances than with Count Olaf?
4. What does Violet wish that she had bought at the market to put in Olaf's food?
5. What does Count Olaf tell the children to do if they want another bed?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)