Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The Baudelaire children are at the beach.
* Violet is skipping stones and the other children are playing as well.
* Mr. Poe arrives and tells them their parents have died.
* The children go home with Mr. Poe to live until he can find them somewhere else to stay.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The children return to their...
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)