• The Baudelaire children are at the beach.
• Violet is skipping stones and the other children are playing as well.
• Mr. Poe arrives and tells them their parents have died.
• The children go home with Mr. Poe to live until he can find them somewhere else to stay.
• The children return to their home to find everything has been destroyed.
• Mr. Poe tells the children he has found a place for them to live with Count Olaf.
• Count Olaf's house is decorated with an eye.
• Count Olaf becomes angry when he is told the children's money can't be touched until Violet is eighteen.
• The three children must all share one room.
• The children are forced to do a long list of chores each day.
• The children are told to make dinner for Olaf's acting troupe.
• The children meet Justice Strauss and she tells them to come...
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)